I have seen this product being raved about on beauty blogs before. It wasn't however available in India. But then, it was released in India a few days back and as soon as I spotted it, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it
Pamper your lips and indulge your senses with NIVEA Lip Butter Caramel Cream. Indulge in the delicious caramel cream aroma as the rich buttery formula melts on your lips. Enriched with Shea Butter, Almond Oil and Hydra IQ, NIVEA Lip Butter Caramel Cream provides intense long-lasting moisturisation to keep your lips soft and silky smooth.
How it works:
NIVEA Lip Butter Caramel Cream is formulated with NIVEA's own Hydra IQ deep moisture technology which helps to restore and maintain soft and healthy lips and shea butter which protects the sensitive lip skin against the elements. With mild almond oil, NIVEA Lip Butter Caramel Cream helps to condition and calm even very dry lips for long-lasting moisturisation.
• Contains nourishing Shea Butter and Hydra IQ for long-lasting moisturisation
• Almond Oil to rehydrate dry lips
• Enticing caramel cream aroma
189/- INR and it is widely available online.
Also available in Raspberry variant
This comes in a classic tin container with a classic lid. It has a matt finish on the external and looks pretty cool. However I wished they had provided a screw lid. Moving on, when you open this, you will get absolutely stunned by the pure lush caramel fragrance this has. I could actually imagine pop corns and can eat it, well though I don't :P
It has a balm like consistency. Doesn't feel as much greasy and kind of melts when you rub it with your finger, well I guess thats the reason it is called lip butter :P. Anyways, it looks like a tiny container but lady, this baby is going to last you a long time because you actually dont need a lot of product to moisturize your lips.
The bad thing I would say about this is, you have to use your fingers to apply this. I know it is what it is and very much depends on the formula of the product whether it can be moulded as a stick or not, but just saying.
I find my lips stay moisturise for a good 4-5 hours afterwhich I need a reapplication. I also like to wear this under my lip stain or lipstick. It just makes them smoother to glide on to the lips. I have been using this at night as well and it makes my lips very soft and supple. It really helps with chapped lips I would say. Just leave this on your lips overnight, and you will notice that your lips become much smoother and softer.
I would say that this product is an absolute winner because it does everything what a decent lip balm/butter is supposed to do and comes at an extremely affordable price. I think I might pick up the other variants as well and I really hope they launch more variety in India asap. :)
Pros of Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream
1. Classic decent tin packaging
2. Lovely caramel fragrance
3. There is a lot of product you get
4. Very affordable
5. Moisturises the lips really well and makes them soft and supple
6. You don't need reapplication for 4-5 hours straight
7. Can use it on your lips before putting your lipstick/stain on to make your lips look smoother and more supple.
8. Widely available online
9. All the information nicely written on the packaging in toto
Cons of Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream:
1. I don't know what to say, I have been loving this baby a lot. However I think the only con I can think of is the lack of screw mechanism on the lids to open it. Because you know, at times at becomes really hard to pull open such tiny tin "Dibbi" .
Will I repurchase it?
I am looking forward to purchasing the other variants as they get released :)
Do lemme know if you have tried them before!