Claims for Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick Matte Merlon
Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick. Finally, a matte lipstick that feels as good as it looks. This innovative formula is double trouble: you get rich, dramatic colour that maintains a moisturising feel. Genius! The best part? This glide on saturated colour is formulated with renewable pigments so the rich colour you see on the lipstick is the same colour you’ll get on your lips! It’s matte made flawless. Pucker-up, baby.
▪ Perfect finish, moisturising feel
▪ The colour you see on the lipstick is the colour you get on your lips
▪ Rich, dramatic colour in 10 different shades
▪ Glide on formula with renewable pigments
How to Use
Master the matte
lip! For a perfect finish, line your lips with Glimmersticks Retractable Lip Liner followed by a coat of Ultra Color Matte Lipstick in a complementary shade. For flawless application, use an angled lip brush to apply your lipstick.
Rs 389/- for 3.8 g
In Detail Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick Matte Merlot Review, Swatches
So the lipstick comes in a black coloured carton packaging. The cap and base are again black with metallic grey coloured shell. The top actually has a see through plastic which kind of helps look inside and see the lipstick bullet. My concern with the packaging would be that there is absolutely no ingredients mentioned anywhere on the packaging which is not cool.
Avon Matte Merlot is a deep red coloured lipstick with a nice creamy formula. It glides on the lips smoothly and does not feel drying on the lips. These lipsticks are in fact quite glossy and moisturising which is contrary to its name. I am not sure what avon meant when they said “matte” since to me, this does not look like matte at all. May be they meant that it does not have any shimmers, any guesses?
Matte Merlot is deeply pigmented shade. Still I need a few swipes to get the desired results since a single swipe kind of makes it look a little incomplete. The staying time of the lipstick is approximately 5 to 6 hours without meals. It transfers heavily on everything that I put on my lips but the colour does not wear off completely.
While removing it with a makeup remover, it comes off almost completely leaving behind a very light stain which can be more or less ignored. One very important thing about this lipstick is, one needs to be very careful while applying it since the formula is so creamy that its easy to make mistakes around the edges of the lips if one has not lined the with a lip liner beforehand.
Overall though the lipstick is called matte, I feel it would best suit in the category of ultra moisturising lipstick with a very lovely creamy texture. It has a decent stay time and moreover I really love this shade. Red lipsticks are hands down my all time favourite and this particular shade is super hot. This looks so good with a black dress, or may be with any dress for an evening outing.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick Matte Merlot
1. Very creamy texture with moisturising formula. One can skip the lip balm underneath.
2. Decent stay time.
3. I love this hot deep red shade.
4. I like the packaging.
5. Does not settle into fine lines.
6. The shade would suit almost all skin tones.
CONs of Avon Ultra Color Matte Lipstick Matte Merlot
1. Although its called matte, it does not give you a matte look.
2. No ingredient list anywhere.
3. Avon has hiked up the price without any changes in the lipstick.
1. Always prep your lips before putting your favourite lipstick as it would let your lipstick stay on for a longer duration of time.
2. Line the lips before applying a very creamy lipstick like this one.
3. Store lipsticks in a cool and hygienic place to avoid melting.
4. Never forget your lipstick inside a car.