If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you would already know that I have moved to New Delhi. A new city calls for a lot of new things. For eg: A new Sunscreen 🙂
About Banana Boat Sport Performance Sweat Resistant Sunscreen SPF 50 with UVA and UVB Protection
Don’t leave skin care to chance with the Banana Boat Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion. The Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen Lotion provides long-lasting, water and sweat resistant protection for any outdoor sports activity. Don’t risk burn or sun damage because you love to stay active–just grab this no-slip pack of water resistant sunscreen and continue enjoying the outdoors. Patented AvoTriplex technology enhances this Banana Boat Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion by blocking UVA rays, UVB rays and hidden skin damage. An Active Dry Protect formula goes on smooth and quick dries for a long-lasting, non-greasy protection that won’t run into your eyes or mouth when you sweat. Fragrance-free and very water resistant, this sunscreen is the perfect athlete’s companion.
If you need heavy0duty sun protection that won’t sweat off, consider buying this performance-grade Banana Boat Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion. Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen Lotion:
- Advanced UVA/UVB sunscreen with patented AvoTriplex protection
- Active Dry Protect formula dries into a non-greasy, non-running sunscreen coat
- Very water and sweat resistant
- Long-lasting protection
- Won’t run into eyes
- Fragrance free
Avobenzone (1.5%), Homosalate (15%), Octocrylene (1.25%), Oxybenzone 6% (Sunscreen), Octisalate (5.00%)
How To Use
- Apply generously and evenly to all areas 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Reapply at frequent intervals and after swimming or towel drying
- Asks a doctor before use on children under six months of age
Sun Alert: Limiting sun exposure, wearing proactive clothing, and using sunscreens may reduce the risks of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun.
In Detail Banana Boat Sport Performance Sweat Resistant Sunscreen SPF 50 with UVA and UVB Protection Review and My Experience
Delhi is hot and very very hot. I mean I go out at 9 in the morning and it feels like 12 noon. After moving in here, I needed some extra good sun protection. My previous sunscreens were kind of over and I was looking for something that would protect me from this scorching sun in the capital. So I was in a store browsing like we normally do 😛 and spotted the banana boat sunscreen. I had heard good reviews about it and thought I would give this a try.
Chose the big pump 200g bottle since I knew I am going to need a lot of sunscreen. 😀 Secondly, pump bottles makes life so much easier. It is more or less fragrance free as mentioned on the bottle. It has kind of a creamy moderate consistency.
How I Use it
I take a dime sized amount on clean hands and apply all over my face, taking care not to run the product in my eyes. It is easy to apply on the skin. Does not leave a white cast like most other sunscreens, if applied in the right quantity. It gets adsorbed in the skin quite easily and does not make my skin look oily or greasy at all. Now, I tend to sweat with most sunscreens but this baby is a charm.
This sunscreen did not make me sweat. It made my face stay matte even hours after application. I also notice a brightening effect on the face with this sunscreen but may be thats because of the Titanium di oxide in it which also has a brightening property besides being a sun protective agent. I can say that this sunscreen protected my skin from getting roasted and charred in this sun. It is an excellent sunscreen and everyone still searching for that perfect sun protection must give this a try.
PROs of Banana Boat Sport Performance Sweat Resistant Sunscreen SPF 50 with UVA and UVB Protection
1. Love the packaging.
2. Perfect consistency, easy to apply.
3. Gets absorbed quickly, does not leave any cast.
4. Does not make my face look oily or greasy at all.
5. Truly sweat resistant.
6. Protects a great deal from sun. Has UVA and UVB protection as well.
7. Will suit most skin types. Oily skin beauties will love this one specially.
8. Did not cause any irritation or breakouts on the skin.
9. For such good performance, I would say this is reasonably priced.
CONs of Banana Boat Sport Performance Sweat Resistant Sunscreen SPF 50 with UVA and UVB Protection
1. Not readily available everywhere in India.
2. Contains silicones and parabens (may be considered as con by some).
1. Very dry skin beauties may need a light moisturiser with this.
2. Always carry a sunscreen of 30+ SPF whenever you go out.
3. Even if you are at home, apply a sunscreen of at least 15+
4. Always apply sunscreen 15-20 minutes before venturing out in the sun.
5. If you are going to be at a sunny place such as a beach, always pick a sunscreen which has a SPF greater than or equal to 50.