Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet Review, Swatches: Hi everyone, today we are talking about another lipstick from Bobbi Brown. 2016 saw a peak trend of matte lipsticks. However 2017 has slowly started paving way for “creamy” formulas. A lot of brands have come up with this concept of “Creamy Matte” lipsticks. The idea is to have a matte lipstick, with formula that doesn’t dry out the lips. Bobbi Brown’s creamy matte lipsticks are based on the same philosophy. They have 10 shades in this range. Of course we had to try out the statement red shade of the range. Red carpet looked stunning. Hence, we got it. Now, here we are to talk to you guys about my experience with this lipstick.
About Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet
- The woman who wants that classically beautiful matte look on lips that still provides conditioning moisture too.
- Creamy Matte Lip Color combines the long-lasting look of a modern matte lip with incredible wearability, from nudes to brights to bolds.
- Bobbi’s formula utilizes a unique combination of emollients to condition lips and lock in moisture. Since it’s highly pigmented, you’ll get true, crisp color.
- It glides on comfortably and feels light-as-air.
- Not to mention that it’s got staying power, too (it won’t budge for 8 hours).
- Inspired by the looks she was creating for Fashion Week, Bobbi set out to develop the perfect colour range, everything from nudes to brights to bolds. We’re pretty sure you’ll want more than one colour.
How to Use Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet
- Depending upon how it’s applied, this versatile formula goes from providing full coverage to creating a stained lip.
- You can swipe directly onto the lips from the tube or use the Lip Brush for more precise application (sold separately)
Ingredients in Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet
Price of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color
$ 28.00 for 0.12 oz in USA
CA$ 35.00 for 3.6 g in Canada
£ 23.00 for 3.6 g in UK and Scotland
€ 23.95 for 3.6 g in Europe
A$ 46.00 for 3.6 g in Australia
S$ 35.00 for 3.6 g in Singapore
₹ 2250.00 for 3.6 g in India
This lipstick isn’t available on Sephora’s website. I am not sure if its available in Sephora stores. However it is available online on Bobbi Brown’s website all over the world as well as in exclusive Bobbi Brown stores. We purchased ours from Bobbi Brown’s exclusive store in New Delhi.
In Detail Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet Review, Swatches and My Experience
The lipstick comes in a very luxurious looking reflective black packaging. This packaging basically is everything! Its sleek and statement. In fact, the outer box has all the details about the product including a detailed ingredient list. I personally prefer sleek designs in lipsticks. I find them more precise and easy to work with. As far as the design, packaging is concerned, this lipstick scores a total 10 on 10.
Formula, Texture, Pigmentation, Finish
The Bobbi Brown creamy matte lipstick has the most amazing velvet like creamy formula ever. It feels like velvet on the skin! The texture is again very soft and smooth. I know, I am using the word “velvet” so many times while describing the lipstick but you know what, everything about this lipstick is velvety! It has intense pigmentation with 100% full colour pay off in a single swipe. You have to see the swatches to believe it. When you see the swatches below, please remember that I just swiped them once on the skin. Hence the colour pay off is definitely praiseworthy.
The finish is definitely not super matte. It’s rather what I would call comfortable matte. Immediately after wearing, you won’t really feel like its going to be matte. However after like 4 to 5 minutes, it sets into this comfortable matte finish. This never makes the lips feel dry.
Shade Description- Bobbi Brown Red Carpet Lipstick
Red carpet according to me is the most perfect statement red with neutral undertones. This is one of those stunning red shades which suits literally all skin tones. Whether you have super pale or deep complexion, this shade definitely will woo you. Every girl or woman must have a red shade like this in their collection I feel. This goes will all kinds of dresses whether you’re wearing an Indian Saree or going bold. Also, this is a perfect Bridal red colour if you’re looking for one.
Wearability, Transferability , Stay Power
The BB Creamy Matte lipstick feels very comfortable when its on. True to its claims, it is lightweight and doesn’t feel heavy on the lips. Its incredibly velvety as well as pigmented formula is sure to make you reach for it every single time. Need I express my love more? 😀 It does transfer on objects, but doesn’t really lose any intensity in pigmentation unless you press your lips hard against certain object.
It stays put on the lips for 4 to 5 hours after which it starts fading. Doesn’t settle in creases though. Also, when worn with a lip liner properly, it does not bleed. Of course, if you eat oily stuff, the lipstick will wear off before that.
Overall I have to say I am in love with this lipstick. This has rocketed its way into my top 10 lipstick favourites of all times. One thing it has the most amazing formula ever. Secondly the shade is universally flattering for all skin tones. Thirdly, thirdly it feels nice on the lips, doesn’t bleed or feather out when worn with a lip liner. I totally recommend this lipstick range by Bobbi Brown. If you’re looking for a bright bridal red shade with neutral undertones, look no further because this is perfection! However, if you’re someone who loves super powdery matte lips, this may not be the one for you.
PS. The Lips Model here is Sugandha who is also my super sweet cousin! She is the one who introduced me to this lipstick. 🙂
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet
1. Love the luxurious sleek, black packaging.
2. Amazing formula, glides on the lips like liquid velvet! (Promise this is the last time I use this word 😛 )
3. Incredibly pigmented.
4. Neutral bright red will suit every skin tone.
5. Perfect bridal red shade.
6. Decent wear time.
7. Formula feel light on the lips.
8. Doesn’t feather or bleed when worn properly.
9. Comfortable matte finish once it sets.
CONs of Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Red Carpet
1. I wish it was a little more long lasting.
2. Pricey, but then it is Bobbi Brown!
1. I do not advise wearing a lip balm underneath this lipstick because it is already very moisturising. Moreover, with a lip balm, I feel it doesn’t stay in place for a long time.
2. This is a statement red shade. So if you’re planning to buy a high end lipstick for a special event, definitely check this out.
3. If you want this to look more matte, follow these steps. Apply this lipstick properly, take a dry tissue paper and put a single layer against your lips. Dab some loose powder over it. Your lipstick will now look super matte. If you need to adjust the lipstick further now, use a lip brush.
4. Bobbi Brown’s official USA website offers a 15% off when you make the first purchase. So check it out if you’re planning to make a purchase.