Hi everyone, today we are going to talk about a TBS product today. Every one of us wants a clean and clear skin. Tea tree has always been known to be one of the saviours for problem skin. I have combination & oily skin which gets prone to breakouts sometimes. My purpose of buying this face wash was to find out if it really can control breakouts and reduce oils on the skin. So let us begin with our The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser Review.
Claims for The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
A refreshing instant foaming cleanser for blemished skin.
• Gently but effectively cleanses skin
• Removes make-up and impurities
• Regular cleansing will help keep skin blemish-free
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), p-Anisic Acid (pH Modifier), PVP (Hair Fixative), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Menthol (Cooling Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
How To Use
Wet face and apply product. Massage to lather and rinse with clean water. If product gets into eyes, rinse thoroughly.
Rs. 895/- for 150 ml.
In Detail The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser Review and My Experience
The face wash or cleanser comes in a lovely green packaging. There is a stout pump dispenser at the top. It basically dispenses the product in the form of foam. Inside the bottle, the liquid looks pretty liquidy however when it comes out, there is no liquid. Its pure foam! Because the bottle is quite sturdy, its travel safe.
It smells like super fresh tea tree oil mixed with some menthol. I do not suffer from regular or permanent acne, but because of my combination – oily skin, I do get zits or breakouts sometimes. So I really wanted to try this out and see if it can control the oils on my skin, as well as prevent those occasional breakouts. I have used it for more than 1 month now and used up almost half the bottle. So it does last for a decent amount of time.
How I Use it
I use it morning and evening. I take 2 pumps of it on my palm and work it along my wet facial skin. Because its already in foam form, you do not need to rub it even slightly. I am very gentle which massaging my skin with it. I can feel it cleaning my face. I wash it off with normal temperature water.
I can immediately feel this cooling sensation on my skin when I wash it off, because it has got menthol as an ingredient. It really cleanses my face gently and doesn’t over dry the skin. Over a period of time, I have noticed some reduction in the rate of breakouts. Also this makes my skin stay oil free for a little longer than usual.
This definitely does not wipe out all the breakouts but helps clean the skin so that they become less frequent. I definitely recommend this to everyone specially in this summer season when our skin tends to become oily. Oil attracts dirt and bacteria. The foam cleans up the oils and tea tree helps eradicate the bacteria.
So overall I think this is a pretty good face wash and will perfectly suit ladies with skin type like mine as it does not make my skin feel too dry after wash (it has castor oil as one of the ingredients).
PROs of The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
1. Sturdy packaging, product is dispensed in a foam form.
2. Contains tea tree extracts known for their germicidal activity.
3. Cleans my skin very well.
4. Does not make my skin feel dry post wash.
5. Very good for reducing some oil and take care of minor breakouts.
6. Great for oily or combination skin beauties.
7. TBS does not test on animals.
CONs of The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser
1. Does not clear the skin completely of breakouts and zits.
2. May be too drying for beauties with dry skin types because the product contains saponifying agents.
3. Will not help with well established acne.
4. Has a lot of chemicals in form of surfactants, emulsifiers etc.
1. If you are suffering from active acne, do not use any product without consulting your dermatologist.
2. This product is not going to cure breakouts, but rather reduces the oiliness of the skin which results in less frequent breakouts. So if you have dry skin, I would not really advice you to go for this product however, if you do try it, make sure to moisturise your skin well after using it.