Hello to all the lovely people on MBF, So people with extremely dry lips will understand that no matter if the temperature is soaring or if the mercury has dipped our woes related to dry lips is an endless affair. I began doing an extensive research to cure my dry lips, that is when I read about the carmex lip balm. The lip balm is supposed to be god like for treating dry lips and offer extensive moisturizing. Considering the fact that it is not heavy on the pocket I went ahead and ordered it online. To know how the product faired in my opinion continue reading the Carmex Original Lip Balm Review, Swatches.
Claims for Carmex Original Lip Balm
Squeezable medicated lip balm that goes on smooth to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips
- Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing
- Glides on smoothly to help soften and hydrate lips with moisturizing cocoa butter
- Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol
Directions for use
- Apply to lips not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- Children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
Ingredients of Carmex Original Lip Balm
Menthol 0.7%, Camphor 1.7%
Petrolatum, Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, mineral oil, bees wax, flavor, salicylic acid, phenol.
Price of Carmex Lip Balm
$ 1.59 for 0.35 oz in the USA.
£ 2.69 for 10 g in the UK
₹ 295.00 for 10 g in India. (via imported goods sellers)
Not mentioned but after research I found out that carmex lip balms do not expire. Yes, you heard it right you can store these lip balms for as long as you desire.
In Detail Carmex Original Lip Balm Review, Swatches and My Experience
The product comes in a yellow colored squeeze-out tube with a red screw cap. The overall packaging screams that it is a medicated lip balm not like the fancy ones available in the market which are visually appealing. Otherwise, the packaging seems very practical given the compact size and leak proof cap.
The application is very hygienic unlike most lip balms with such an applicator. When first applied one can feel a tingling sensation on the lips which lasts for a few seconds. The fragrance is a bit pungent. Because menthol and camphor present in it are major contributors but it won’t be a problem since, the fragrance will recede within minutes after application.
The balm is in a transparent gel form. I apply it 4 to 5 times a day since I am not really impressed with its lasting ability. Once applied it does hydrate the lips and I quite like the cooling sensation this lip balm provides. Unlike other carmex lip balms, this one doesn’t contain SPF.
Considering that this lip balm doesn’t contain a any color or tint, one can use it under lipsticks especially the matte ones which often dry out the lips. The major drawback with carmex lip balms in India is that they are not easily available.
Even though, I have heard great reviews about carmex lip balms and its ability to treat dry or chapped lips, I can’t confidently say that this will be my Holy Grail lip balm. However, people with normal to moderately dry lips should definitely try this lip balm as it does work very well especially in closed air conditioned rooms or extremely cool climate.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Carmex Original Lip Balm
- Travel friendly packaging
- Can be used under matte lipsticks because of the colorless formula
- Provides a cooling sensation once applied
- Provides hydration
- Treats dry and chapped lips
- Suitable to all age groups
- Moisturizes and hydrates the lips well
Cons of Carmex Original Lip Balm
- It is not easily available in the Indian market
- Does not contain SPF
- Suitable to all age groups as well as genders unlike the ones available in the market which mostly cater for the female community so both the genders should give this a try.
- If you are planning to wear a matte lipstick all day and are looking for a colourless balm which hydrates your lips then you should definitely get check out this one.
- All in all this has been a great purchase for me and I’m looking forward to buy some more tubes and would recommend others to do the same.