Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so colorbar has come up with new eyeshadow palettes. I did a review on one of them sometime back which was Colorbar Hook Me Up Eyeshadow Palette. Today, I will show you the swatches of the Smokey eyeshadow palette. There were 3 palettes launches simultaneously from Colorbar USA. One is Hook Me Up, 2nd is Smokey and 3rd is Party All Night. I have to say this is the first time any brand decided to come up with well laid out eyeshadow palette. However, as we all know, colorbar prices are becoming increasingly higher. So let us go through the review and find out if this palette is worth the splurge.
About Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
Whether a big concert or a fancy gala to attend, smoky eye can add a bit of sophisticated drama to any look!!!!
We have de-coded the secret to iconic, mesmerising eyes with this palette of sultry and never before seen warm smoky shades. The shades in this palette melt perfectly into the skin to adapt every skin tone from cool skin tones to olive complexions to warm skin tones. These perfect shades feature a unique wet/dry formula for a custom & professional finish. Each shade in the palette has a velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability.
- Extremely long lasting formula
- Highly pigmented shades that goes on easily and blends beautifully on application
- Budge-proof, crease-proof, and smear-proof
- Safe for contact lens wearers
- Paraben and Mineral oil free
- Dermatologically and Ophthalmologically tested
How to Use Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
- Swipe light base color all over eye area.
- Apply medium color on lid only.
- Add darkest color on outside of lid and crease.
- Highlight inner corner and under brows.
- Blend shadow and line eyes with darkest shade.
- Make a thin flick with black liner.
Ingredients Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
Price of Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
₹ 1350.00 for 17.5 g of eyeshadows in India.
2.5 g X 7 = 17.5 (There are 7 shades weighing 2.5 g each)
In Detail Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of the colorbar smokey palette looks very pretty. It is a glossy black palette with a full size mirror and 7 shadow pans inside. There is a thin plastic film which comes with the palette that separates the mirror and the shadows. You will also notice that there is no sponge tip or brush applicator provided with the palette. Therefore, you will need to carry an applicator separately in case you wish to travel with this palette. For a price as high as Rs 1350/- I thick we as customers deserve an applicator in the palette.
As mentioned above, there are a total of 7 eyeshadows in this palette. Overall this palette consists of warm tones shades as well as some neutrals. Very workable shades for everyday basis I feel.
Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette Individual Shades Description
The shadows do not have any names in this palette. Therefore, I will number them and give you the details starting from left to right.
1st Shade – A light frosty champagne shade that is quite reflective. Decent pigmentation.
2nd Shade – A warm creamy beige which does not really show up in swatches. Mostly, this is meant to set the eye base.
3rd Shade – A subtle warm golden shade. Not the best pigmentation but decent reflectivity.
4th Shade – An ash blue shade with loads of silver shimmers. This is very poor in terms of pigmentation and colour pay off.
5th Shade – A Henna brown shade with acceptable pigmentation. This again has lots of silver shimmers.
6th Shade – An ash grey with slight brown undertones. This shade has acceptable pigmentation. Like the 4th and 5th shade, this also has a lot of silver shimmers.
7th Shade – The last shade in the palette is a matte charcoal black shade. This is probably the only shade with good pigmentation. However it does smudge and move around a lot.
To be honest, I do not see any consistency in this palette. Most of the shades lack pigmentation. The last shade – matte black is very pigmented, however it smudges a lot. So there is nothing win win about any shade in this palette. Moreover, the silver shimmers tend to get around everywhere and do not stay in one place.
The things that I like about this palette it, there is not a lot of fall outs from the palette. Even while using it, you won’t get a ton of fall out on the under eye area. For beginners, who only want a hint of colour on the skin, and not full glam eye makeup, this palette may come in useful. But if you’re someone who loves their pigmented shadows with good blendability, this might not be a great option. Therefore I pretty much think that this palette is indeed overpriced.
Please note, I have not used any primer in my swatches. Therefore what you see in the pictures is exactly how the product is in real. My reviews are always cent percent honest.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
1. 7 warm shades in a palette.
2. Very wearable shades for everyday basis.
3. 1st and 3rd shades work amazing as brow bone and inner corner highlighters. These two are my favourite shades in this palette.
4. I really like the glossy black packaging with a full size mirror.
5. Product isn’t tested on animals.
CONs of Colorbar Smokey Eyeshadow Palette
1. No applicator provided although the palette is pretty costly.
2. Most of the shades lack proper pigmentation as well as colour pay off.
3. Shimmers tend to move around everywhere.
4. Staying power is less.
5. Shades sheer out excessively while blending.
1. Definitely use a very good eye primer before using this palette.
2. Use a brush and lay the shadow in a patting motion, then blend lightly. With this palette, if you blend a lot the pigment will sheer out immensely.
3. Deeper shades in the palette do smudge, so be careful about where you use them.
4. Try using the 1st and 3rd shades in the palette as highlighters, they are gorgeous.