Google, Youtube and other social medias have made everyone aware of cosmetics and makeup which few years back was limited to celebrities and makeup artists. Pursuing my passion of cosmetics I am back again with another liquid lipstick review from Colourpop Brand, about which I got to know from the social media. Hence I had to get my hands on this. To know more, please go through the ColourPop More Better Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick Review, Swatches below.
Claims for ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
ULTRA MATTE This thin and lightweight formula glides onto the lips leaving SUPER intense colour with a bold, ultra matte finish. It’s very long wearing and completely kiss proof!
Price of ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
$ 6.00 for 3.2 g / 0.11 oz in the USA
Not directly available in any other country like UK or India yet. They do offer international shipping on their official website.
Application Tips for ColourPop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
- Make sure your lips are bare, dry, and exfoliated for the smoothest finish.
- Apply a matching lip pencil for a precise and perfected application.
- Next, apply Ultra Matte Lip with the applicator or your favourite lip brush.
- We suggest storing these babies upright and shaking before application!
In Detail ColourPop More Better Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick Review, Swatches and My Experience
It comes in a typical cylindrical see through tube with silver cap on it. The packaging seems quite inexpensive as the detailing vanishes off with time, depends on how much the product’s tube is touched.
Also it is very disappointing that the lipstick spills out of tube if not tightened properly. If the tube is place upside down position or lying horizontally on the surface it spills due to the liquid consistency. It has typical doe foot applicator which is very stiff and don’t provide the smoothest application as one would want.
Texture and Finish
It has liquid consistency and applies smoothly on lips. Although it’s liquid, it does not bleed out of lips and dries immediately after application. It is true to its name as it dries complete matte in a few seconds after application . Layering does not make it patchy.
It applies fully opaque on the lips with its true color intensity. It is fully opaque and don’t need a second layer. Still if one needs to darken the color then a second layer can be worn.
Shade – ColourPop More Better
More better is such a beautiful berry colour with pink and red undertones in it. I am always in search of new shades in my lipstick stash and Colourpop has such a wide range of shades to choose from. It is quite deep shade and not an everyday shade for me. The lipstick is wearable.
However being a liquid matte lipstick, these do dry up the lips in due course of time. But still overall not hard to pull off. If lips are properly exfoliated and moisturized, then it can be comfortable to wear for around 5 hours. I also noticed that it settles in my lip lines after 2+ hours of wear. It is kiss proof and dries to a velvet matte finish which is simply amazing.
It offers good staying power for 6 to 7 hours and after that my lips are so dried that I can’t bear wearing the lipstick. Snacking and drinking don’t disturb the lipstick but the meals tends to fade off the colour from the centre of the lips which is quite noticeable . But other than that it stays prominent on rest of my lips. After a considerable period of time it makes my lips feel so dry that the lips start peeling out.
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of ColourPop More Better Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
1. Beautiful shade and suits all skin tones
2. Superbly pigmented and fully opaque in one swipe
3. Offers good staying power
4. Dries down to velvet matte finish
5. Completely kiss proof once set and dries
6. Light snacking and drinking does not fade the lipstick
7. Don’t bleed or feathers even with the liquid consistency
Cons of ColourPop More Better Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
1. Packaging is quite cheap as detailing vanishes off with time
2. Due to liquid consistency, the lipstick may spill out of the tube if the cap is not tight.
3. Not a Travel friendly packaging
4. Makes lips appear dry if kept for longer period of time
5. Availability can be an issue.
1. It is better to put at least two layers of lip balm underneath and then apply the lipstick.
2. Due to liquid to liquid to matte formula it dries matte on lipstick sealing the moisture in.
3. Also to enhance the longevity and comfortableness it is good to reapply the lipstick after meals with a lip balm layer prior to reapplication.
4 out 5
(impressed with the staying power and colour pay off)