Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner Review: Hey everyone, I talked about the Dove Regenerative Repair Shampoo yesterday. Today, I will be narrating my experience with the matching conditioner. The shampoo is pretty decent. According to me, Dove makes some of the best hair conditioners. Although not a holy grail material, but still I feel Dove does an amazing job coming out with moisturising conditioners of different types. I have used this Dove regenerative repair conditioner for a little more than 3 weeks now. Therefore, I will be sharing my experience with you guys today. Please keep on reading to know more.
About Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
We do all sorts of different things to get the look we love, and that can be tough on our hair. With the right care, though, we can all keep on enjoying healthy hair. Did you know that it’s possible to regenerate the look and feel of healthy hair and let go of your worries and concerns about damaged locks? We’ve taken our inspiration from the natural resilience of Red Algae to bring you something that will help: Dove Advanced Hair Series Regenerative Repair Conditioner. This Dove conditioner for damaged hair instantly nourishes even extremely damaged hair, correcting signs of damage – just as if it had never happened.
Enriched with Red Algae Complex, it fortifies hair’s internal structure and restores its healthy look and feel, leaving it visibly regenerated. So whether you have coloured, curled or straightened hair, with Dove Advanced Hair Series Regenerative Repair Conditioner you can be sure that it feels smooth and stronger# against breakage. For comprehensive benefits, use with Dove Regenerative Repair Shampoo.
Features & Benefits:
- 100% regenerated hair
- More than repair, nourishment that regenerates hair strength
- Infused with Red Algae complex
- It regenerates the broken bonds inside hair
- Nourishes hair to make it strong and smooth
- Restores hair to its original goodness
How to use Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
- After shampooing, apply Dove Advanced Hair Series Regenerate Nourishment Conditioner to wet hair, smoothing it in from the mid-lengths to tips.
- Comb through with your fingers to make sure each strand is covered and then rinse with water.
Ingredients in Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone and Amodimethicone and PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether and Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Perfume, Lactic Acid, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate (and) Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrolysed Keratin, Chondrus Crispus (Carageenan) extract, Disodium EDTA, Gluconolactone, Trehalose, Sodium Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone, butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool.
Price of Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
₹ 250.00 for 240 mL in India
In Detail Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner Review Swatches and My Experience
Exactly like the shampoo, the conditioner comes in a tall white coloured tube packaging. There is no red on the rube however the cap is red coloured. It is a flip open cap. The ingredient list and other details are written on the back of the tube. Because the tube is pretty big, I wouldn’t exactly be comfortable in travelling with it.
The Dove Repair Regenerative conditioner has a rather moderately thick consistency as well as a creamy texture. When you feel it in between your fingers, the slippery feeling immediately tells us that it has silicones in it. In fact, when you look at the ingredient list, you will notice 2 ingredients “Dimethicone” and “Amodimethicone” which are both different forms of silicones. The conditioner has a classic Dove conditioners like smell with slight floral notes. The smell lingers around for an hour or so after washing the hair.
How I Use it
After I wash off the shampoo from my hair, I take 2 coin sized amount of this conditioner and apply it on the lengths of my hair till the ends. I do not apply any conditioner on my scalp or near my hair roots. Make sure to be gently while spreading the conditioner through the hair so that hair doesn’t get pulled or rubbed in anyway. Because of its slippery texture, it spreads easily on the hair covering all strands. I never comb my hair while conditioning. I use my fingers to spread the conditioner as much as possible. Then I keep it in my hair for 5 to 7 minutes after which I wash it off with normal temperature water. Make sure to wash off the conditioner completely from the hair to avoid any unwanted product build up.
While washing off the conditioner, I can feel that it has made my hair softer and silkier. It makes my hair super soft and smooth to touch. Also, my hair appears slightly more shiny. It gets rid of tangles to a great extent. I love the fact that it does not weigh down my hair. It doesn’t really provide a lot of volume though. For volume, I prefer the Dove Rejuvenated Volume Shampoo and Dove Rejuvenated Volume Conditioner in conjugation. This one, the repair regenerative conditioner I prefer when I want smoother and silkier looking hair.
I find this conditioner working great for my hair. However, I am skeptical about loads of silicones it contains. I mean yes it has red algae extracts and hydrolysed keratin, but I cannot ignore the fact that it contains silicones in a significant amount. It makes my hair soft, silky and imparts some shine to my hair. Also, reduces tangles to a good extent. However I haven’t really notices any “reparative” effects on my hair. After more than 3 weeks of using it, I do not see any permanent positive changes in my hair. Therefore, if you do not mind silicones, and you’re looking for a regular use conditioner in budget, this is a nice option.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
1. Spreads easily due to its slippery texture.
2. Makes my hair soft, silky and slightly more shiny.
3. Reduces tangles as well as frizz to some extent.
4. Doesn’t weigh down my hair.
5. Does not cause product build up when washed off properly.
6. Pocket friendly as well as easily available.
CONs of Dove Regenerative Repair Conditioner
1. I did not notice any “reparative” or “regenerative” effect on my hair. Gives temporary effects, no permanent changes.
2. Contains alcohols, silicones and preservatives in it.
3. Not really a travel friendly packaging.
4. Comes in only one size.
1. Always make sure to wash off the conditioner completely from the hair to avoid product build up. Product build up is one of the reasons of hair fall.
2. Do not use a conditioner near your hair roots or scalp. The natural oils of scalp are more than enough to nurture the hair roots.
3. I never advise combing your hair with conditioner because wet hair is very amenable to breakage.
4. Always try to air dry your hair. This will ensure long term health of your hair.
5. To reduce damage to the hair, reduce use of hot tools as well as protect your hair from pollution and sunlight when going out. Use a hat and make it trendy or use an umbrella and make it classy! 🙂