Summers call for light moisturisers and products which can keep our skin from oiliness. I love using gel based moisturisers these days because the weather is super hot and humid. For my eye area too such light weight products are the first preference. So today I am going to do a Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel Review and share my experience with you.
Claims for Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel
This revitalizing formula in the form of gel is highly enriched with potent herbs that helps lighten the dark circles and sensitive areas under eyes. Cucumber, Katak and Aloe Vera provide essential nourishment whereas Rose water and Vitamin E tone and cool the under-eye area.
INR 975.00 for 15 grams.
Aloe Vera Gel 74.5%, Katak 10%, Cucumber Extract 8%, Steam Distilled Rose Water 7%, Vitamin E 0.5%, 2 Phenoxyethanol (Paraben Free) 0.5%
In Detail Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel Review and My Experience
As most of you guys already know about my combination skin which tends to get oily on and around my T zone. So a light weight moisturiser is a life saver. The FE hydra eye gel comes in a pretty little glass tub packaging. The product itself has a very refreshing sea blue hue to it. It comes housed securely in a carton box which has detailed labels about the product. Though the tub is small, I am quite reluctant to carry it around since a glass jar is very likely to break and the product is pretty costly.
The product has a gel like texture, very much like the texture of aloe vera gel. Has a moderate consistency – not very thick nor too thin. It smells really fresh, mostly of roses and a hint of aloe.
How I Use it
I take it my finger, dab it along my eye area and gently pat it and spread evenly. One small pea sized amount is enough for both my eyes. It gets absorbed in like 30-45 seconds.
As soon as I apply it, there is a cooling sensation on the skin which I totally love. After it gets absorbed completely, it feels very light and there is absolutely no oily or greasy feeling. It reduces the puffiness. Hydrates the eye area for the whole day.
I have been using it during the day time on the recommendation of the SA at FE store. In the night time I use the Forest Essential Eye cream with Anise these days. They have been working pretty good for me. I do not really have dark circles under my eyes however I have noticed that this gel makes the eye area look brighter because of the hydration it provides. I have used my regular makeup (concealer and foundation) over this and there is absolutely no problem in applying makeup over this gel.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel
1. The small jar with light blue product inside looks really attractive.
2. Very light weight gel with good hydrating properties.
3. Does not make my eye area look oily or greasy.
4. Gives a cooling sensation immediately after application.
5. It smells of roses.
6. Makes the eye area appear bright because of the hydration it provides.
7. 100% Indian ayurvedic brand 🙂
CONs of Forest Essentials Light Hydrating Hydra Eye Gel
1. Has no effect on fine lines.
2. Quite pricey for 15 grams. I remember it used to be available for around 595/- Rs when it was launched initially. Now when I purchased it again, I was kind of surprised to see an almost double price hike.
1. I suggest using the product in day time. For night, use a more hydrating product.
2. Because this has no SPF, make sure while applying your sunscreen you cover the eye area as well.
3. Keep it stored in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight since its an organic product.