I have been a fan of Forest Essentials since I started using their products. Most of them worked great on my skin. The products according to FE are all made by 100% organic ingredients. One can never have enough of Lip Balms and this was another addition in my collection.
About Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm Sweet Narangi Juice
Moisturising Lip Balms made with Kokum butter which contains an abundance of healing ingredients including vitamins, minerals, proteins and a unique fatty acid profile. These fatty acids are indispensable for their emollient properties. Organic Beeswax deeply nourishes and restores elasticity to the skin Almond oil from sweet almonds is the most nutritious. Narangi is natural astringent, anti-oxidant, detoxifying. These lip balms seal in moisture, soothe dry lips, and leave them soft smooth and glossy.
Making of the Product
Natural Butters & oils are mixed together with Narangi Juice at room temperature to keep the properties intact.
Forest Essential Lip Balm (Sweet Narangi Juice) is uniquely designed to replenish and soften dry, chapped lips. Enriched with goodness of Natural Butters and Beeswax this balm gently heals and hydrate the lips. Free from synthetic chemicals and petroleum products this Lip Balm contains Narangi Juice and Almond oil to protect your lips. Due to its extraordinary moisturizing and hydrating properties it seals in moisture and soothes dry lips leaving them soft and glossy.
• 100 % natural. No petroleum is used • Oils are cold pressed by hand
Kokum Butter 40%
Organic Beeswax 20%
Cold Pressed Organic Almond Oil 10%
Cocoa Butter 5%
Narangi Essential Oil 0.1%
Rs 595 for 5 grams of product.
In Detail Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm Sweet Narangi Juice Review and My Experience
I will be honest and admit that one of the reasons I was attracted towards this product was its luxurious packaging. Though we always fuss about lip balms in tin/mini-tub containers, we also cannot resist cute little things such as this one. Plus the golden rim with engraved Forest Essential made me want to pick it. 😀 Apart from the packaging, I also love citrus fragrance in general and that can be another side reason why I picked this one. It has a little round mirror on the inside of the lip which makes it easy to apply.
The consistency of the lip balm is quite light as compared to other lip balms in the market. It doesn’t leave a specific layer on my lips. It definitely hydrates the lips but doesn’t give me any oily or greasy feel on my lips. I personally find it perfect to use under certain lipsticks. It also has this orange-citrusy fragrance, well quite faint though.
How I Use it
1. I apply it on my lips before applying lipsticks
2. Use it daily in the morning as a regular Lip Balm
3. Use it at night before going to sleep
I have been using the product for a long time now, and almost hit the pan. This makes my lips soft and supple. Heals moderately dry lips however, I would like to mention here that it does not work so great on chapped lips. Though if you scrub lightly chapped lips and apply it over, it might work.
Overall I feel this is a lovely lip balm, a great option for the ladies who prefer organic ingredients in their skin care. For everyday use, I find this is really good however if you are looking for something to heal severely dry and chapped lips, you might need something extra. I did read some people mentioning that they were expecting this to lighten the lip pigmentation, but I am not sure if its really made like that. I mean even if you’re looking for citrus to provide lightening effect on the lips, its not really logical with this product since it has only 0.1 % extract of citrus.
PROs of Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm Sweet Narangi Juice
1. Love the little luxurious packaging.
2. Smells very citrusy and fresh.
3. Light weight hydrating lip balm.
4. I use it underneath lipsticks and it really works at making the lips look supple.
5. Makes lips really soft and smooth.
6. Does not leave a greasy or oily layer.
7. Quite long lasting.
8. Ingredient list is honest and includes the percentage of each ingredient.
CONs of Forest Essentials Luscious Lip Balm Sweet Narangi Juice
1. Does not work great on severely dry and chapped lips.
2. No Sun protection 🙁
3. Some beauties may not be comfortable with a mini-tub packaging.
4. A little bit on the expensive side for a lip balm.
1. This lip balm is perfect to be used underneath lipsticks as it does not leave an oily layer and get quickly absorbed.
2. Use it daily before bed time to wake up with soft and supple lips.
3. If you are going to be out in the sun, make sure use a lip balm with sun protection in it.
4. Always use products which come in tubs with clean hands.
5. Do not store it in a place which has direct sun light.
Will I Repurchase this?
I guess I will as I really enjoyed using this.
Do I Recommend this?
Of course if you love citrus and are looking for a natural lip balm. 🙂