Heya beautiful friends, I am back with another highlight and contour palette for you all. So today I will be doing Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette with Brush Review, Swatches. I had already reviewed their Freedom Pro Powder Strobe Palette before and I absolutely loved it to the bits hence I decided to pick another version of this palette. Therefore let’s see in the review and see if this performs equally good as the powder palette or not.
Claims for Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette
The Pro cream Strobe Palette contains everything you need to finish, brighten, contour, and highlight your skin.
Includes 3x Matte Highlighters, 3x Matte Contours, 1x Pro Strobe Brush.
How to Use Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette
- Apply contour to the areas of the face the sun would naturally hit. Using very light strokes, first apply the contour shade to the top of the forehead, the cheekbones, and the down along your jawline. Done correctly, your contour application will be in a 3 shape on either side of your face.
- Highlighter reflects the light well, so only apply it to the places you want to draw attention to. Sweep it above the cheekbone, along the brow bone and down the centre of your nose to give the impression of the rounded surface.
- As a finishing touch, dab a little bit of highlighter onto your Cupid brow.
Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Ceresine, Talc, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica, Propylparaben, BHT, (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.
Price of Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette
$ 15.00 for 15 grams in the USA. (Approximate)
£ 10.00 for 15 g in the UK
₹ 1750.00 for 15 g in India.
In Detail Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette with Brush Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of the Freedom pro strobe and contour palette is very similar to the Freedom Pro powder Strobe Palette. It comes with exactly the same brush. So both the variants are pretty much siblings, one cream and the other compact powders in formula.
The brush has the perfect shape for contouring. It’s elliptical and it makes contouring and blending very easy. I cannot mention enough how amazing this brush is and the fact that this palette comes with its own brush. 🙂
The palette comes with 6 shades of creams. This includes three cream contours and three cream highlights. The first row of this palette comes with three cream highlights, and the second row has three different contour cream shades. The shades have not been numbered which makes it quite difficult for me to point the shades out.
The first row of lighter shades has a beige highlight, a yellow highlight and an off white highlight. The contour row consists of a light contour, a deep contour, and a medium contour. It’s a palette which can be used for a lot of things while doing makeup. Hence, I can easily say this is going to be great for personal or professional use.
Yellow Highlight – To brighten up the areas on my skin which need some lifting up.
Off White Highlight – Inner corners of my eyes and cupid’s bow.
Beige Highlight – Sometimes on the under eyes area
Also, these 3 shades above can be used as concealers.
This are quite amazing for contouring.
Dark Contour – For contouring my face. Pretty perfect as it makes my face look slimmed out.
Medium Contour – Can be a contour shade for ladies with very light skin tone.
Light Contour – I don’t really use this one. May be used by ladies who need very very light contouring.
The texture of the cream in contour and highlight palette is extremely soft, smooth and creamy. They just glides on the skin like butter and blend very easily on the skin as well. This palette will suit almost all fair to medium skin tone beauties. Ladies with deeper skin tone than mine (NC 42) may not find this palette working for them.
Also, I would not recommend this particular cream palette for people with oily skin as this is a creamy product and applying this product might make the skin look more oily and greasy. This is best contour and highlight palette for beauties with dry skin.
Cream Vs Powder
To be honest with you guys I prefer the Freedom powder strobe palette more for my combination to oily skin rather than this one as it makes my skin look more oily and greasy and I need frequent powder touch ups with it.
Last but not the least this palette stayed on my combination to oily skin for about 2-3 hours maximum and after that it started fading evenly.
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette
1) Packaging is basic yet user friendly.
2) Has a full sized mirror.
3) The brush provided is very useful for contouring.
4) A steal at this price.
5) Highlights, Concealers and Contours in a single palette.
6) Good for personal or professional use.
7) Shades will suit mostly all complexions which at less than MAC NC 42.
Cons of Freedom Pro Cream Strobe Palette
1) Staying power was not that great on my combination to oily skin.
2) As this is a cream product, it makes my skin feel heavy and oily after a while.
3) Not easily available in India.
4) Won’t be a good choice for ladies with combination to oily skin.
1) As I mentioned in the review that this is not suitable for people with oily to combination skin. I would suggest you to use a this product and then set it with a similar shade of powder compact.
2) When asked to choose between the two palettes, I would sure go for the powder one because this one (although good) is not suitable for my skin type.
4) What I do basically is, I use the cream product first and then take the Freedom powder strobe palette and apply corresponding shades on top of the cream product.
5) This palette is also a good option for use during winters as at that time skin appears to be more dry.