Hello everyone, so after reviewing the newly launched MAC Vibe Tribe limited edition bronzer in shade Refined Golden, I am back with another pro powder strobe and contour palette for you all. Although I do not contour daily, but the packaging of this palette attracted me so much that I decided to give it a try. I purchased two palette from the same range. This one is the freedom pro Powder strobe and contour palette and the other one is freedom pro Cream strobe and contour palette. I will be doing Freedom Pro Strobe Highlight and Contour Palette With Brush Review, Swatches today. Let me know if you need a review on the cream version as well.
Claims by Freedom for Pro Strobe powder Highlight and Contour Palette
The Pro Powder Strobe Palette contains everything you need to finish, brighten, contour, and highlight your skin.
Includes: 2x Matte Highlighters, 1x Shimmer Highlighter, 3x Matte Contours, 1x Pro Strobe Brush.
How to Use the Strobe, Highlight and Contour Palette
1) Apply contour powder to the areas of the face the sun would naturally hit. Using very light strokes, first apply the contour shade to the top of the forehead, the cheekbones, and the down along your jawline. Done correctly, your contour application will be in a 3 shape on either side of your face.
2) Highlighter reflects the light well, so only apply it to the places you want to draw attention to. Sweep it above the cheekbone, along the brow bone and down the centre of your nose to give the impression of the rounded surface.
3) As a finishing touch, dab a little bit of highlighter onto your Cupid brow.
Ingredients of Freedom Pro Strobe Highlight and Contour Palette
Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, (+/-): CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499
₹ 1750.00 for 15 grams in India.
$ 22.00 for 15 grams in the USA. (Approximate)
£ 10.00 for 15 grams in the UK.
In Detail Freedom Pro Strobe Highlight and Contour Palette With Brush Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging of the Freedom pro strobe and contour palette is very attractive. It comes in a classic sturdy black packaging with a full size mirror, the best thing about this palette is that it comes with its own brush. The palette shuts with a click. Hence it is travel friendly and easy to carry. The packaging is not bulky at all. It’s very-very sleek and handy.
The brush provided with this palette is vey cute. It’s almost the softest brush that I have ever used. I really love this brush. As this is a perfectly shaped brush for contouring. The bristles together are kept elliptical in shape. So it would be very convenient to use for contouring specially the hollows of the cheeks.
The palette comes in two versions one is the cream contour and the other one is powder contour. I have both the version of it but as I have oily to combination skin, I decided to review this.
Coming on to the review of the freedom pro powder strobe and contour palatte. The palette comes with 6 different shades of powders. This includes three powder contour and three powder highlights. The first row of this palatte comes with three powder highlights, and the second row has three different contour powder shades. Now the weird thing that I found about this palette is that the shades don’t have any names, neither any number. So it’s a bit hard to explain the shade.
The first highlight row includes a beige highlight, a yellow highlight and a bit white-off white highlight. The contour row consists of a light contour, a deep contour, and a medium contour. I find this palette very multipurpose.
I mostly use the yellow highlight powder to set my under eye area, As it just instantly lifts my the area. The White shimmery highlight I like to use at the inner corners of the eyes. Now I don’t find the beige highlight to be that useful personally. Now coming to the contour shades I really like the contour shades more than the highlight shades. I use the darkest contour shade in the palette for contouring. It’s just the perfect contouring shade for me. It gives me that perfect sculpted look and makes my face look slimmer and in good shape.
Coming to the lightest and medium contour powders, I don’t really find these shade to be working for me as contours because they are quite light and don’t show up properly on my skin. So I like to use these shades as eyeshadows 😛 They just work as perfect transition colours on my crease.
The texture of the powders in contour and highlight palette is extremely soft, smooth and satiny. It doesn’t feel chalky at all. This palette will suit almost all fair to medium skin tone ladies. Beauties with deeper skin tone won’t find this palette appropriate for themselves. Now I would not recommend this particular powder palette for dry skin beauties. Dry skin beauties are suggested to go for the cream version of it. Powder palette is mostly suitable for combination to oily skin. As powder products helps to absorb excess oil from your face.
Last but not the least this palette stayed on my combination to oily skin for about 5-6 hours maximum and after that it started fading evenly.
More Photos and Swatches
Pros of Freedom Pro Strobe Highlight and Contour Palette With Brush
1) Attractive packaging.
2) comes with a full size mirror
3) very good quality brush provided.
4) decent pricing.
5) good staying power.
6) multipurpose use.
7) Good for people with professional use or a makeup artist.
8) nice shade selection for fair to medium skin tones.
Cons of Freedom Pro Strobe Highlight and Contour Palette With Brush
2) no separate palette for deeper skin tones.
1) use short strokes to apply the contour powder on your face. Need not apply all at once or you may end up looking muddy.
2) To increase the wear time of this contour palette shades, use the cream product first and top it with a powder contour.
3) if you are a beginner in makeup or if you are not use to contouring stick to the lightest shade of the contour powder.
4) Always use 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone for contouring.
5) highlight the areas where the light naturally hits your face. Applying highlighter instantly brightens up the face. Giving you that soft glowy look.