Since I have moved to Delhi, I have been struggling to take care of my hair. It tends to get dry because of the dry hot climate in these summer days. I came across this new product from Garnier which looked like a hair masque to me, and I thought why not give it a try. Lets read on to find out if it really worked and gave my hair extra life. 🙂
About Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Oil-In-Cream
The new generation of hair oil is a cream.
Now get twice the nourishment of hair oils in a non sticky cream format
• Nourishes and hair feels stronger
• Zero stickiness and mess
• Pleasant long lasting fragrance
• Formula enriched with Coconut, Olive & Almond Oils
Using hair oil is irritating and so old fashion. Ditch the hair oil and grab Garnier Fructis Oil-in-Cream. No need to search for home remedies for hairfall or dandruff when you have Oil-in-Cream at your side. Infused with coconut, olive and almond oil extracts, this cream provides nourishment to your hair. It conditions your hair from root to tip. It makes hair stronger from roots. Leaves hair soft, shiny and beautiful. Garnier Fructis Oil-in-Cream leaves your hair fragrant, strong and healthy.
How to use it?
Simple! Use it just like a hair oil.
Before Wash: Massage into hair and scalp for 1 to 2 minutes. Oil in cream intensely nourishes your hair and transforms it.
After Wash: Wash your hair with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner. Use on hair lengths for easy manageability and styling.
Overnight: Massage into hair and scalp for 1 to 2 minutes and leave overnight. Wash away with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner for intense nourishment.
Rs. 60 for 100g
Rs. 100 for 200g
In Detail Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Oil-In-Cream Review and My Experience
The product has a very pretty and thoughtful packaging. Thoughtful because a tube package is always a more hygienic option as compared to a tub. It has a flip open top which is quite sturdy so its a fairly travel safe product.
Garnier Oil in Cream scent reminds me of nuts, I specially appreciate coconut and some zest of lemons which provides a definite hint of freshness to the smell. Overall not very overwhelming but a nice smell. Speaking of the consistency, the product has a really nice soft creamy consistency. Its light yet not too runny. When you look at it, it does look quite shiny.
How I Use it
I have been using this for over 2 weeks now and instead of oil over these past weeks, I have gone back to it again and again. One of the reasons is, it is pretty easy to use unlike our regular good old hair oil. I like to take 2 coin sized amounts and work it through the entire lengths of my hair. Because this product has mineral oil in it, I do not apply it on my scalp. I use it only on the lengths of my hair. I use it in 2 ways:
1. I apply it properly on my hair and let it soak the nourishment for around half or one half hour depending on how much time I have in hand. After this I wash my hair using my regular shampoo.
2. I have used it as an overnight treatment twice. However, I don’t think that the results were very different so, I reverted back to using it as a prewash treatment.
The product has a non sticky/ non oily feel. But its not exactly a “no product” feeling either. It just does not make my hair go all flat is what I am trying to say. This definitely does not mean that you can apply this product in generous quantity and venture out. Of course it can be used as a styling cream, but because I have an oily scalp, I avoid using oil based products on my hair while styling. Also the use of alcohol and mineral oil kind of stop me from reaching out to it as a styling product.
The product really works well on the hair as a prewash treatment. It makes my hair really soft and smooth. It reduces tangles but of course does not get rid of them completely. What I really love is that it does not cause any increased hair fall. Hairfall is one thing that is ON MY MIND when I am about to try a new hair product and I am glad this one did not cause any issues. Oh, speaking of the nice fragrance, it does not really last long. It kind of just gets washed away with the shampoo. But its alright I guess.
PROs of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Oil-In-Cream
1. I love the packaging with fun colours and travel safe design.
2. Really easy to use as compared to hair oils.
3. Can be used in multiple ways.
4. Non greasy.
5. Makes the hair soft and manageable.
6. Smells nice while it is in the hair.
7. Reduces frizz to an extent.
8. Did not cause any increased hair fall.
9. Very affordable and easily available.
CONs of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Oil-In-Cream
1. The ingredient list has things like mineral oil and alcohol which are quite controversial ingredients when it comes to hair care.
2. It is quite easy to apply as compared to a regular hair oil, but the results are not extraordinarily different from what you would get from a good old hair oil. Plus subjecting my hair to so many chemicals for the same results kind of makes me give it a second thought.
1. If you find oiling your hair a cumbersome job, you might want to try this baby out. It is super easy to apply.
2. If you feel hair oils are too heavy or greasy, this product is going to solve your problems as it will give the same results without much greasy feeling.
3. Out of the ways I tried it, I find this worked best as a prewash treatment.
4. If you’re looking for affordable hair masque options in India, this is a new innovative product which more or less works like a hair masque.
5. If you have sensitive scalp, try this cream over a section of your scalp before using it generously.
Would I Repurchase it?
Oiling my hair is never really a problem for me because I oil my hair a couple of hours before washing or the night before washing my hair. However, I really loves this product too. I guess I will keep it with me for travelling as oil is not safe while travelling but this can work equally well. I have a little doubt because of alcohol and mineral oil in it, but I guess I am not going to use it on a regular basis so, that should not be a problem.
So, If you are someone who doesn’t like greasy and heavy feeling of hair oils, try this one out. 🙂