Everytime I tell someone at home about any hair problem, they tell me to oil my hair. I do oil my hair once or twice a week however since it has been super hot and humid these days, I sometimes skip oiling and use pre shampoo deep conditioners like the L’oreal Paris Oil in Cream or the Garnier Fructis Oil in Cream. I have enjoyed using both these. Somewhere around 10 days back I spotted this baby sitting on a shelf at my local beauty store. I knew I had to get it. Have been using this continuously since then. So let us begin the Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream Oil Replacement Cream Review. I also got some conditioners from Garnier’s newly launched range which I will be reviewing on the blog soon. 🙂
Claims for Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream Oil Replacement Cream
BREAKTHROUGH INNOVATION: Get the nourishment of hair oils, not the stickiness. This unique Oil-in-cream melts away without leaving sticky residue and does not weigh your down. It is enriched with 5 precious herbs – Green tea, Eucalyptus, Aloe, Lemon & Henna. Discover hair that is nourished, healthier & more beautiful thus revitalised.
Garnier creates a unique Oil-in-Cream, which is enriched wtih 5 precious herbs. Discover hair that is nourished, healthier and more beautiful thus revitalized.
1. The soothing moisture of Aloe vera
2. The superior shine from Lemon
3. The unique conditioning of Henna
4. Eucalyptus’ anti bacterial freshness
5. Green Tea’s anti-oxidants with hair vitalizing properties
How to Use
Use exactly as a hair oil: before wash, after wash or overnight. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.
I got the big sized tube which is 200 grams, it retails for INR 120.00
There is a 100 grams tube available for INR 70.00
In Detail Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream Oil Replacement Cream Review and My Experience
This is my 3rd Oil replacement or Oil in cream. As mentioned above, I have been really enjoying these when I feel a little lazy to oil my hair or there is another reason I can’t oil my hair. Garnier has mentioned putting 5 amazing herbs in this one which are aloe vera, lemon, henna, eucalyptus and green tea.
It comes in a cute green coloured stout tube. The labels mention every little detail about the product. It has a flip open top which closes with a satisfying click making it travel friendly. The garnier ultra blends oil in cream has been launched in 2 sizes. So if you are travelling, you can go for the smaller tube.
The product smells very creamy and herbal. Its quite a calm scent and feels very soothing. It does not linger around much after washing the product out from the hair. It has a nice buttery, thin and slippery consistency. Surprisingly, it still does not feel greasy at all.
How I Use Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream
I have tried using it in 3 ways
As Prewash treatment: I take almost 2 big coin sized amount of it in my palm and apply it lavishly on my entire hair lengths sparing the roots. Leave it on for around 30 to 45 minutes and then wash my hair with my regular shampoo.
As Post Wash treatment: I used a pea sized amount and worked it on the ends of my hair. I didn’t go for the lengths for the post wash styling because I kind of think that this may make my hair look oily.
As Overnight treatment: I applied it on my hair generously exactly the way I would for pre wash treatment and left it overnight. In the morning, I washed my hair with my regular shampoo.
Even while applying the product, I can already feel how soft this is making my hair. I am most comfortable using it as a pre wash treatment and it works the best for me this way. When I used it overnight, the results were exactly the same as they were with pre wash treatment. So I guess its better I avoid the mess of sleeping with product in my hair when I am getting the same results either ways. As a post wash styling treatment, when I applied it on the ends of my hair, it made the ends of my hair look more nourished and less dry. But that is achievable by my regular Macadamia Natural Oil Treatment which is lighter in comparison to the oil in cream.
I have been really enjoying using it before I wash my hair. After wash my hair feels incredibly soft and silky. I notice my hair looks more nourished and there is an added shine. It definitely reduces tangles from the hair and I feel like running my fingers through my hair. My hair never felt weighed down or greasy. There is obvious bounce and silkiness. It did not cause any increased hair fall.
I definitely like this better than any other oil in cream treatment I have ever tried before. However I am a little concerned about the ingredients. If you read the list, you will notice elements like mineral oil, silicone and alcohol. So although it contains 5 natural herbs, it is not completely herbal or natural. It does work pretty amazing however I wouldn’t replace my hair oil permanently with this because at the end of the day its not completely herbal or natural.
Overall I have to say its an amazing concept and this product is actually going to be a life saver for those who do not like to oil their hair. It delivers almost the same results as hair oiling with a regular oil with the ease and flexibility to use in multiple ways. However I did not notice any long term benefits.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream Oil Replacement Cream
1. Cute green packaging, comes in different sizes.
2. The buttery, thin and slippery consistency makes it super easy to use.
3. Love the soothing creamy and herbal fragrance.
4. Can be used in 3 different ways. (Works best as a prewash treatment for me)
5. Makes the hair really soft, silky, reduces tangles and frizz.
6. Adds a little bit shine to the hair.
7. Contains 5 amazing herbs – aloe vera, lemon, henna, eucalyptus and green tea.
8. As a pre wash treatment, I never noticed any increased hairfall.
9. Very nominal price tag.
10. easily available.
CONs of Garnier Ultra Blends 5 Precious Herbs Oil In Cream Oil Replacement Cream
1. Contains mineral oils, alcohol and dimethicone (silicone).
2. Does not give any “better” results than regular hair oiling since its supposed to be an oil replacement cream. It is quite easy to apply as compared to a regular hair oil, but the results are not extraordinarily different from what you would get from a good old hair oil. Plus subjecting my hair to so many chemicals for the same results kind of makes me give it a second thought.
1. If you find oiling your hair a cumbersome job, you might want to try this baby out. It is super easy to apply.
2. If you feel hair oils are too heavy or greasy, this product is going to solve your problems as it will give the same results without much greasy feeling.
3. Out of the ways I tried it, I find this worked best as a prewash treatment.
4. If you’re looking for affordable hair masque options in India, this is a new innovative product (oil in cream) which more or less works like a hair masque.
5. If you have sensitive scalp, try this cream over a section of your scalp before using it generously.