Rose Roses and more roses, I love everything about rose. Well they are amazing for the skin. I love the way they look, smell and how they act on the skin. So gentle and so soothing. I am all about reds and roses 🙂
About Kama Ayurveda Pure Rosewater
KAMA Ayurveda Pure Rosewater is made from the roses of Kannauj, a region in North India, rich in white soil conductive to roses’ growth. The Kannauj rose is considered special…it has the same specifications as the Bulgarian rose.
The steam water distillation process used to create this wonderful rosewater ensures a high level of hygiene and unmatched purity.
Rose water is a natural astringent. It balances and restores skin’s PH level and helps tighten pores.
Rose water is also a good non-alcoholic toner. Kama rosewater is a good non-alcoholic refresher that helps remove the residue of the previous cleansing procedures such as removing of makeup. It refines the pores and tones the skin making it ready for moisturizing treatment. It can also be used to damp skin before applying Kama Natural Plant Mask (Lavanya) or Kama Miraculous Beauty Fluid (Kumkumadi).
Kama rosewater can also be used as an aftershave. Aftershaves are basically toners, however because most aftershaves are primarily made of alcohol and perfume, they damage the skin by disturbing the recovery of the mantle, which is destroyed by shaving soap and razor blade use.
How to Apply?
Spray onto the face and body for a refreshing effect.
A little bit extra about Rose from their website
A symbol of beauty, purity and freshness, Rosa, commonly known as Rose, has soothing, healing, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Rose cleanses, purifies, firms and tones the skin. It also treats dry and ageing skin. It gets rid of pigmentation, redness and swelling and is good for all kinds of skin tones. In the case of oily skin, it balances the oil content, and can be used for treating skin irritations and burns. Rose deals with inflammation of the scalp, strengthens dry hair, nourishes the scalp, moisturises hair roots, and promotes new hair growth. It also prevents outbreaks of skin problems like acne, pore block, blackheads, pimples, wrinkles and lines. It is used as an astringent to hydrate the skin, and to make it healthy, youthful, supple, fresh and glowing. Rose petals are a great way to relieve eye pain and headaches.
Rs 185 for 50 ml bottle
Rs 725 for 200 ml bottle
In Detail Kama Ayurveda Pure Rosewater Review and my Experience
Rosewater is a part of almost every Indian woman’s skin care routine. We use rosewater in multiple ways like mixing it with face masks, as a toner, to refresh our skin etc. So I got this rose water by Kama Ayurveda and it comes in this beautiful amber coloured plastic bottle. We usually have medicines in amber coloured bottles as they prevent the contents from photo degradation, so I guess amber bottle is a great idea for a natural product like this. The spray disperses the rose water in a lovely mist with is equally distributed on its coarse. So the packaging looks classic and is very travel friendly.
How I Use it
1. I use it almost everyday after washing my face, just kind of let it sit there for a couple of minutes before I put my moisturiser on.
2. I mix it with powdered face masks to make a paste
3. I use it after I wash off the face mask as it really soothes my skin and does not let it feel so dry and stretchy.
4. I also sometimes randomly use it during the day as it really gives a refreshed feeling plus I am a die hard fan of rose fragrance.
This smells like natural roses, not at all overpowering, just lovely lingering smell of roses. It has never caused any breakouts or irritation on my skin, in fact it actually calms down my skin. Gives a lovely cool refreshed feeling. So yes if you’re someone like me, who loves roses, this can work as an aromatherapeutic agent as well. Because this is such a pure and gentle product, this would be loved by all skin types.
PROs of Kama Ayurveda Pure Rosewater
1. Comes in a lovely amber coloured, travel friendly bottle.
2. Smells of beautiful natural roses, totally mesmerising.
3. Soothes and calms my skin.
4. Works great as a gentle toner and for freshening up the face every now and then.
5. All natural product.
6. Can be used by all skin types.
7. Never caused any irritation on my skin.
CONs of Kama Ayurveda Pure Rosewater
I am not sure what to write in the cons section but, I guess
1. limited product availability and
2. the slightly higher price tag
would be all I can put forward at the moment for this wonderful rose water.
1. Kama Rose water is a great product and definitely a must try when you want to indulge a little.
2. Rose water can be a wonderful addition to your skin care routine. If you don not use them already, try including it and I am positive that you will love it. If you are uncomfortable getting this costly rose water, start with the regular ones in the market. Those are not so bad either. 🙂
Would I Repurchase this?
I guess I would love to, provided my eyes don’t catch another one that I wanna try next.