Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin Review, Demo: Hey guys, so today I am going to talk about a product that I have used since I was in a coaching centre at Kota preparing for my medical entrance exams. 😛 I have always had combination skin. In fact I am blessed that I never had any serious acne issues. However I do get zits once in a while mostly around that time of the month. In that situation, Lacto Calamine has been one of my most trusted friends. Calamine is a soothing agent for the skin, also used for sunburn, dryness etc. Basically it is a multi purpose agent which has numerous benefits for the skin. Most importantly, its soothing properties. Let us get into the review below and learn more about this product.
About Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin
Discover Skinsurance with Lacto Calamine
2. Acne & Oil Control
3. Dead Skin Removal
How to Use Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin
- Apply everyday for clear, beautiful skin.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Ingredients in Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin
Aqua, Light Kaolin, Castor Oil, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Carbonate, Emulsifiers, Preservatives, Perfumes and Permitted Colours.
Price of Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin
This bottle I have is almost more than a year old. I got it for INR 72.00 for 120 mL of product. I am pretty sure the prices would have been increased by now. This also comes in a smaller size variant but that one is very hard to get.
In Detail Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance for Oily Normal Skin Review, Demo and My Experience
Lacto Calamine Skinsurance comes in classic LC packaging. A white opaque bottle with a slender top. Different variants of Lacto Calamine lotion come in different colour theme of packaging. This one comes in lavender themed labels. However, I have to say I absolutely do not like the packaging. First because you have to pour the product from the top. Secondly, the product always sticks around the mouth and later settles there making the mouth of the bottle look super messy and gross.
The product has a very mild yet soothing fragrance. If you have ever smelled Lacto Calamine lotion before, you know how this smells because all LC lotions smell the same. This one is no different. The consistency of the lotion is more on the thicker side. This makes is quite difficult to get the product out of the bottle. I literally have to hold the bottle upside down and hit it at the back to dispense the product sometimes. 😀
How I Use it
I do not use this everyday. I mostly use it when my skin feels irritated or like when I notice some unevenness on my skin texture. Also, whenever I notice some zits. Lastly, I use this every time I have been out in the sun for long durations. Usually, I take a dime sized amount and apply this all over my face and neck. I apply this in 2 ways.
1. I apply a thick layer of this product almost like a mask. Let it sit and dry for around a couple of hours and then wash it off. I do this when I have to deal with breakouts or minor zits. Also sometimes when I feel like my skin has experienced some amount of skin burns.
2. I apply it like a normal moisturising lotion. I take a dime sized amount and gently massage it on my skin. Making sure to cover my face as well as neck. This product does not skin or blend into the skin very easily. I do have to work on my skin for a couple of minutes or more so that this completely sinks in my skin.
When I use a thick layer as a mask over my zits and stuff, this actually calms them down. I repeat this 2-3 days in succession and my zits bid goodbye to my skin. Therefore, this is one of my skin rescue products when I am experiencing light or minor break out issues. This basically really calms down the skin and reduces inflammation. Because of Kaolin clay, it also gets rid of zits.
Other times, when I use this as a moisturiser, this makes my skin feel incredibly soft. It helps smoothen my skin as well as my skin feels less oily. Even during very hot humid weather like it was in my college, this product helped my skin stay oil free for 4-5 hours.
This is one of the products in my vanity which belongs to “all time essentials”. Its simple yet effective formulation makes me always keep it by my side. This works for all skin types as far as I can tell. However dry skin beauties might need to use a separate moisturiser underneath before using this. But for my combination skin, this provides enough hydration. Its beautiful mix of Glycerin and Kaolin clay helps moisturise skin as well as prevents it from getting very oily. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a skin soothing agent. But remember to always do a patch test before going all in with a product.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo
PROs of Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance
1. Skin soothing agent which actually works.
2. Personally, I find this working as a good moisturiser when my combination skin is feeling more oily.
3. Calms down zits and breakouts.
4. Calms my skin after sun exposure.
5. Helps soften the texture of my skin.
6. Regular use even has helped me get rid of sun burns.
CONs of Lacto Calamine Classic Skinsurance
1. Messy packaging.
2. Has added preservatives, perfumes and colours (WHY? 🙁 )
3. Won’t be enough for dry skin beauties.
1. Make sure to always take your time blending this product so that it sinks into the skin. Because it does take some time for that.
2. Use it as a lazy day skin mask over nose, apples of the cheek and forehead portion to calm down the skin and prevent breakouts.
3. Always tightly screw the bottle close or else the product tends to get dry around the mouth.