Hi my angels, today I am going to do Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Review for you guys. Lakme has consistently been coming up with new products and I am quite happy that we always have some exciting new launches. I love lakme for its decent quality at affordable prices. They recently launched this mousse foundation. Shraddha Kapoor looks totally flawless while wearing this foundation in the TV commercial. So let us dive in to the review and swatches, find out if this foundation works.
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Shades available
It has 4 shades available
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Beige Caramel
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Beige Vanilla
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Rose Ivory
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Rose Honey
These are the shade details by Lakme however I strongly feel that the shades in reality are way lighter than the one portrayed in this picture. For example, I got the shade Rose Ivory which seems fairly medium-tan here however in the swatches below you will notice that the shade is 50 times lighter than it appears in the shade guide.
Claims for Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
Lakme 9 to 5 WEIGHTLESS Mousse Foundation is your answer to a workings women’s barrier to using foundation. It is a lightweight foundation meant for everyday use. It is so lightweight that you won’t even feel you are wearing foundation. It not only blends in effortlessly, but gives a matte finish that lasts through the day. It is available in 4 shades and it extremely convenient to carry.
How to use or apply the foundation
Step 1: Apply Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Foundation to clean, moisturized skin.
Step 2: Just take a small amount of product with the index finger and start applying it to the skin with your fingertips. Usually, you can just apply the mousse in four places: the forehead, nose, chin and cheekbones.
Step 3: Blend into your skin starting from the centre of the skin outwards, taking care to cover your face including your neck.
Rs 575/- for 29 grams.
In Detail Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation Review and My Experience
The foundation comes in a beautiful rose gold coloured tube packaging. It has all details about the product except the ingredients. I like the fact that its in a tube form because this makes it more hygienic and we can control how much product is coming out of the tube. However because the tube is opaque, we don’t know what the foundation shade really looks like unless we have swatched it.
It has a floral scent to it, mostly jasmine. I am not particularly a fan of jasmine. The scent does not linger around for long. The foundation comes out of the tiny hole on the mouth of the tube smoothly. It has a very light weight texture, rightly a mousse. It feels soft, velvety and super light. I love how truly weightless this is. It evens out the skin well. I have oily combination skin, and on me this stays well for around 5 hours. It gives a satiny, semi matte finish. For a more matte look, I apply the 9 to 5 compact powder over it. It does not accentuate any fine lines or pores, gives a beautiful blurred out look.
My first complain with the product would be the coverage. Although its a foundation, coverage wise its very much comparable to a BB cream. It has sheer to medium coverage. It won’t hide any signifiant problem areas on the skin. It is buildable to an extent but in this hot weather, I don’t like to apply layers of product on my skin. Secondly I am disappointed with the shades that they have launched. I picked up Rose Ivory, I am NC 35 and I feel this matches my skin well. However for ladies who are NC 44 or more, this range would probably not be a good match because all the shades in the range are quite light. So I really hope Lakme comes up with more shades in the future for medium and olive skin tones. Last but not the least, this product accentuates dry patches on the skin which I absolutely don’t like.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
1. Mouse texture, weightless like Lakme claims.
2. Gives a soft velvety, semi matte finish to the skin.
3. Provides a nice blurry effect on the skin.
4. Does not settle in lines/pores or accentuate them.
5. Wear time is decent around 5 hours.
6. Does not feel cakey if I layer it on for more coverage.
CONs of Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Foundation
1. The shades are very limited. These would only cater to very light skin tones or light to medium skin tones. For olive skin tones, this foundation range has no shades available.
2. I was expecting a better coverage.
3. Accentuates dry patches.
4. No ingredient list mentioned anywhere on the packaging. So I get skeptical, what if the satiny smooth feeling is because of silicones. Guess i’ll never know since there are no ingredients mentioned.
1. This is a very good everyday wear foundation for sheer to medium coverage. I would not suggest wearing this for any big event since it does not cover significant marks or hyperpigmentation.
2. I apply this foundation with my fingers mostly and I think it works the best when I apply it like this.
3. Though its weightless, always remove the foundation using a makeup remover before going to bed at night. After all its a foundation not a moisturiser.
4. Dry skin beauties will definitely need a good moisturiser before putting this on.
5. If you have dry patches on the skin, even small ones, do not rely on this foundation.