Lipland official Nicol Concilio Collection: Hello there Gorgeous! Hope you’re having a fabulously blessed day! What’s a better way to make your day even better you ask? Makeup talk of course! So let’s get down today. Today I want to share with you, Lipland Matte Lip Crayon Lipstick Zoey Review, Swatches. This is a color they came out with in collaboration with YouTube and Instagram superstar, Nicol Concilio.
Now I had seen her videos randomly and I never know who she was. I always loved watched her Instagram short tutorials. She did them well! So finally one day I found out who she was and followed her. When she announced her shades with Lipland, I fell in love with Zoey and knew I had to have it! Read on to find out more!
Claims for Lipland Matte Lip Crayons
- Phthalates Free
- SLS Free
- Gluten Free
- Paraben Free
- No Animal Testing
- Made in USA
How to Use Lipland Matte Lip Crayons
- Start off with some lip prep. Exfoliating and moisturising are very important prior to application.
- Then if you want, you can use a matching or nude lip liner to outline your lips, to create a neater edge.
- Start applying the color in the center and working your way to the edges.
- Keep your lips apart whilst it dries down to a matte finish. Then rock those lips!
Ingredients of Lipland Matte Lip Crayons
Price of Lipland Matte Lip Crayon
The 3 matte lip crayons that Nicol came out with i.e. GIGI, GLORY and ZOEY; retail for $17.99 USD on Lipland’s website. They aren’t available in store. Discounts do not apply to her exclusive collection.
Other matte lip crayons are available for 25% off at all times!
The brand is not directly available in UK or any other country yet. Lipland does offer international shipping.
In Detail Lipland Matte Lip Crayon Lipstick Zoey Review, Swatches and My Experience
Now I’ve been looking for a good terracotta shade for a while and that’s why this color struck me. It looks a lot different on the website then it actually is in person which is annoying, but that’s what happens in most cases. It looks different one me then Nicol herself because we are skin tones apart and my lips are a lot more pigmented as well. So I didn’t expect much pink in it, which there is in the color. Regardless, I LOVE the color so much so that I might just buy a backup because I never want to be without this color ever!
That being said, I’m not one to buy products because someone’s name is slapped onto the label. For me it’s about quality, and everything else. I’ve recently come across collaborations with great YouTube influencers who have slapped their names onto mediocre products and it’s such a shame really.
Now when I first tried this out, the initial texture wasn’t matte so I thought their ‘matte’ claim was a lie. But with time the lip crayon completely set on my lips and become completely matte which I was happy about. It was really interesting. Normal lip products don’t act like this.
The color Zoey is shown to be a terracotta with brown and peach, and perhaps slightly brick colored undertones but on me, it’s more of a medium terracotta with a great deal of pink. This is such a perfect color to pair with even heavier eyes, or lighter ones. You could just pair this alone with some simple winged liner and it would look perfect as well. It’s one of those lip colors that make you look all dolled up with minimum effort. Did I mention how much I love it?
Now I just have one major gripe about it and that it the packaging. First of all I’m glad it’s retractable and not something I have to sharpen. But with that comes the fact that the tip is always stunted, so harp application isn’t always easy. Plus the mouth always gets dirty and the gold tube is prone to finger print marks. However, looks wise it’s chic and a product that would stand out in your collection!
Here is the wear test I did to show how it performed. The lasting power was impressive!
Wear Test on the Lips
After 4-5 hours
(inclusive of a little eating and drinking) the color has worn off from the middle but still isnt in completely bad shape. Hence, some minor touch ups and it would be good to go!
Here is the smudge test
Under water pressure
The color didn’t budge or bleed
Slight transfer and fading of color, mostly intact
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Lipland Matte Lip Crayon
- Takes time to dry so one can easily fix their mistakes
- Not too drying on the lips
- Once it dries, its set and doesn’t budge
- Lipstick as well as liquid lipstick hybrid in one
- Amazing universal color
- Chic packaging
- Easy to travel with
- Decent lasting power
- Retractable so no sharpening issues
Cons of Lipland Matte Lip Crayon
- Takes some time to dry hence, annoying if you’re in a hurry
- The tip becomes a stub which makes for messy application
- Dries lips as time passes
- Black tip gets dirty when applying to the lips
- Gold packaging, therefore prone to finger print smudges
- Lip prep is always important. Exfoliating with a nice lip scrub and then moisturizing will change your lip game!
- Since this doesn’t have any sharp edges, be careful whilst applying. If the tip is too thick, then use a lip brush instead!
- Since it takes time to dry, it gives you time to fix your mistakes
4.5 / 5
This has quite quickly become one of my favourite lip products. I want to wear it all the time. Mostly because I love the color so much, and the fact that its comfortable, makes it a winner in my book! It doesn’t disappoint performance wise either! Will definitely invest in more colors soon!
Hope this review was helpful! Feel free to ask any further questions. Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts!
Have a great day beautiful 🙂