Heya everyone, So today I am going to do a review on the newest launch by the brand Loreal Paris which is the color Riche le smokey eyeliner in shade antique green. I went to the counter to buy the foundation but as soon as I saw this eyeliner I went crazy for it and picked two shades from this range, although this product was not in my list. I have done the swatches of all the shades so if you want you can check that out. Now this is my first review on the blog for a coloured eyeliner so I am very excited to do the L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Pencil Eyeliner Antique Green 209 Review, Swatches. Hope you all are equally excited too. 🙂
Claims for L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Pencil Eyeliner with Smudger Antique Green 209
- New Colour Riche Le Smokey Eyeliner by L’Oreal Paris come in 6 beautiful, wearable shades with a luxurious, intense formula combining oil and wax.
- Colour Riche Le Smokey softly glides over the eyelid allowing you to achieve a long-lasting and intense look.
- With a pencil on one end and a smudger on the other it has never been easier to create the perfectly smokey look.
- Ophthalmologically tested, Color Riche Le Smoky is easily removed with a standard make-up remover.
₹ 650.00 for 1.2 grams in India.
$ 8.07 for 1.2 grams in the USA.
£ 4.99 for 1.2 grams in the UK.
In Detail L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Pencil Eyeliner Antique Green 209 Review, Swatches and My Experience
The packaging is very simple and light weight. It is just wrapped with a plastic cover when you buy it, and there is the pencil inside. The color Riche eyeliner pencil has two ends. On one end it has the pencil eyeliner and on another end there is a smudger. The packaging is so light weight that one can easily carry it in a purse. The pencil does not come in a twist up form so there is a need for sharpening of the product. Sharpening of the product leads to product wastage which I dislike. Wished that loreal would have came up with the twist up pencil or would have provided a sharpener with the product.
Now LOREAL has about six shades to offer in this collection. I have done a separate post on the swatches as well so if you want to see the shades please check it out – All L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner with Smudger 6 Shades Review, Swatches The list of the shades are below:
1) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Purple Dream : a dark muted aubergine purple shade.
2) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Black Velour : intense black shade.
3) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Antique Green : deep muted emerald green shade, very unique in this range.
4) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Mystic Grey : dark charcoal grey still somehow looks very fresh. Again a unique shade in this range.
5) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Stormy Sea : its more of a smoked steel blue-grey shade. Another unique shade in the range.
6) L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Eyeliner Brown Fusion : intense deep muted brown shade.
So overall a nice shade selection. I also wanted to pick up the black shade as well but as I have so many black eyeliners in my vanity. But, stopped myself from buying it. Finally picked up antique green from this range which is a very beautiful khaki green shade. I am completely in love with this shade.
It’s such a beautiful unique shade. I do not have such shade a in my vanity. So I am glad that I picked it up. Now this eyeliner comes in a 2 in 1 form. It has a pencil eyeliner on one end and a smudger on the other end. I found the smudger to be very cheap in quality. I don’t really find the smudger to be that useful. Now one needs to be quick in smudging this eyeliner as it sets fast on the eyelid. I find the product to be perfect for creating smokey eyes. I have personally used this product as an eyeliner as well a kajal and both worked equally good on me. It did not irritate my eyes at all. So though LOREAL says that it’s a eyeliner but I find it working as an eyeliner as well as kajal (yay..happy dance, happy dance.)
The texture of the eyeliner is extremely smooth and buttery. In one swipe you get opaque coverage on the lids. The eyeliner glides on very smoothly on the eyelids. Almost like a butter. But I wish that the colour payoff would have been more deeper than what it is. As the colour needs two swipes to show up with full intensity.
The eyeliner stayed on my eyelids for good 6-7 hours after that it started fading a little bit. On my water line it stayed for 4-5 hours maximum. Because this is an eyeliner so I won’t suggest you to use this on your waterline because it may not suit sensitive eyes on the waterline.
More Photos and Swatches
Pros of L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Pencil Eyeliner Antique Green 209
1) decent packaging.
2) nice and smooth texture.
3) good staying power.
4) decently priced.
5) nice and unique shade.
Cons of L’Oreal Color Riche Le Smoky Pencil Eyeliner Antique Green 209
1) no sharper provided.
2) colour pay off could have been better.
3) Cheap smugher provided
Would I recommend this product?
Yes definitely it’s a product worth checking out at a reasonable price range. I would personally not buy this product again because I have so many other eye pencils to use. Maybe in different shades I will buy.
1) To increase the staying power of this pencil or to use it as an eyeshadow, use an eyeshadow base or a concealer on the entire eyelid.
2) Be a little quick in blending or smoking out the product as it sets fast on the eyelids.
3) To wear it as an eyeshadow: If you have oily eyelids use this eye pencil as a eyeshadow on entire eyelid and then pat a similar shade eyeshadow on top of it. As patting an eyeshadow will absorb excess oil and will also increase the wear time.