I have been travelling quite a bit lately. Its only april and Gods of summers have already arrived in India with all their might. Yesterday the temperature was 43* C which is ridiculously hot. Because of the dry air, my hair started feeling rough. I really wanted a hair product which I could use to nourish my hair since while travelling I can’t really use an oil treatment. I went out to get the Garnier Oil In Cream however I spotted this one shinning on one of the shelves. So I thought lets go through the L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream Review.
Claims for L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream
- The future of oiling is here with the new L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Oil-In-Cream
- Leaves your hair 3 times softer & shinier, with zero stickiness
- Unique oil in cream formula with 6 exotic oils from around the world – Argan, Almond, Jojoba, Olive, Coconut and Camelina
- Multi-use product that can be used prewash, post wash and for an overnight massage.
*Instrumental test, **Instrumental test, 3 pre-wash applications
How to use Loreal Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream
This multi-use formula can be used as –
- Prewash : Leave for 30 minutes on hair and rinse off for ultimate softness
- Post Wash Styling : Apply on lengths and tips to keep your hair manageable and protected all day
- Overnight : Massage on scalp and hair and leave it overnight for intense nourishment
Rs. 80/- for 100 ml
Rs. 135/- for 200 ml
In Detail L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream Review
The concept of Oil in creams are rather new in India because we mostly were taught to oil our hair since childhood. However not all of us like to oil our hair and high time beauty brands came up with an alternative. I tried the Garnier Oil in Cream and I was pretty happy with it. Its lovely to see more companies coming up with this kind of products.
Loreal Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream comes in a gorgeous golden shiny tube packaging. It has a flip open top which closes with a satisfying click making it rather travel friendly. All the information including detailed ingredient list is mentioned on the outside labels. It has 6 oils namely Argan Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil and Camelina oil.
It has a quite noticeable fragrance which is mostly floral and nutty. Its pleasant enough and doesn’t really bother me. The product fragrance stays in my hair for an entire day or may be a little longer everytime I use it. Loreal Oil in Cream has a thin, slippery and creamy consistency. It does not feel greasy at all. Really easy to apply in the hair.
How I Use Loreal Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream
I have tried using it in all the 3 ways that they suggested.
Prewash: I take almost 2 big coin sized amount of it in my palm and apply it lavishly on my entire hair lengths sparing the roots. Leave it on for around 30 to 45 minutes and then wash my hair with my regular shampoo.
Post Wash: I used a pea sized amount and worked it on the ends of my hair. I didn’t go for the lengths for the post wash styling because I kind of think that this may make my hair look oily.
Overnight: I applied it on my hair generously exactly the way I would for pre wash treatment and left it overnight. In the morning, I washed my hair with my regular shampoo.
The oil in cream works the best as a pre wash treatment according to me. When I used it overnight, the results were exactly the same as they were with pre wash treatment. So its better I avoid the mess of sleeping with product in my hair when I am getting the same results either ways. As a post wash styling treatment, when I applied it on the ends of my hair, I noticed that it made the ends of my hair look less damaged and appear very nice. However the results were barely noticeable.
As a pre wash treatment this product is convenient to use and ideally replaces a typical oiling treatment. It made my hair super soft, added a bit of smoothness and reduced tangles to an extent. Frizz was reduced noticeably. It did not give me super lustrous hair as I was hoping (looking at the shiny golden tube), but it did add a little bit of extra shine.
My concerns with this product however is its ingredients. Although it contains 6 amazing hair oils, it also has some ingredients which I would rather not be very keen on putting in my hair like mineral oils and alcohol. I mean isn’t it weird when a product contains both nourishing as well as drying ingredients together?
Overall I have to say its an amazing concept and this product is actually going to be a life saver for those who do not like to oil their hair. It delivers almost the same results as hair oiling with a regular oil with the ease and flexibility to use in multiple ways.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream
1. Travel safe, easy to use and gorgeous packaging.
2. The thin, slippery and creamy consistency makes it really easy to apply in the hair.
3. Fragrance is pretty nice.
4. Can be used in 3 different ways. (Works best as a prewash treatment for me)
5. Makes the hair really soft, smooth, reduces tangles and frizz.
6. Adds a little bit shine to the hair.
7. Contains 6 amazing hair oils – Argan Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil and Camelina oil
8. Contains UV filters as per claim
9. As a pre wash treatment, I never noticed any increased hairfall.
10. Very nominal price tag.
11. easily available.
CONs of L’Oreal Paris Hair Expertise 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream Oil Replacement Cream
1. Contains mineral oils, alcohol and artificial fragrances.
2. Does not give any “better” results than regular hair oiling since its supposed to be an oil replacement cream. It is quite easy to apply as compared to a regular hair oil, but the results are not extraordinarily different from what you would get from a good old hair oil. Plus subjecting my hair to so many chemicals for the same results kind of makes me give it a second thought.
3. Doesn’t last long since I require quite a lot of product per usage.
1. If you find oiling your hair a cumbersome job, you might want to try this baby out. It is super easy to apply.
2. If you feel hair oils are too heavy or greasy, this product is going to solve your problems as it will give the same results without much greasy feeling.
3. Out of the ways I tried it, I find this worked best as a prewash treatment.
4. If you’re looking for affordable hair masque options in India, this is a new innovative product which more or less works like a hair masque.
5. If you have sensitive scalp, try this cream over a section of your scalp before using it generously.
Would I repurchase it?
Oiling my hair is something I have been doing since childhood. However its pretty difficult to stick to regular hair oiling because of my super busy schedule. This product comes in super handy in such times. Also, this is the best option while I am travelling. For girls with dry hair, who hate oiling, this is basically one of the best options available in the market. So I will repurchase it for travelling, but I am not sure I will let this replace my regular hair oil.