Hi my angels, Lets do a Kajal or Kohl Review today. I wear Kajal everyday and it’s one of my favourite makeup essentials. I have been wearing this lately so let us do a L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique Supreme Black Review.
Claims for L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique Supreme Black
Get the best for your eyes with the all new L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique. Infused with the goodness of cocoa butter, Vitamin E and olive oil esters, it glides like butter. The mineral pigments deliver deep black color in a single stroke. Use it on your lash line or as eyeliner, the vivid bold strokes would add instant definition to your eyes.
- Mineral pigments for intense black color
- Water proof and smudge proof
- Adds definition
- Tested by ophthalmologists
- Suitable for contact lens users
L’Oreal Kajal Magique perfectly balances care and style. It is ophthalmologically tested and is suitable for everyday use and contact lens users.
How to use
- To use it as kajal draw a precise line along your water line or lash line.
- To use it as eyeliner glide it on the upper lid. Use multiple strokes for added effect.
Rs 245/- for 0.35 grams of product.
In Detail L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique Supreme Black Review and My Experience
I bought this Kajal with great expectations when I saw Aishwarya Rai Bachhan flaunting her bold beautiful Kohled eye look. I didn’t order it online and went to the mall to get one just because I couldn’t wait then. First thing’s first speaking of the packaging, it is the first twist up retractable Kajal packaging by Loreal in the Indian market. Its pink and black which I love. Has everything on the labels at the back except for the most important – ingredients. I don’t know when will the cosmetic companies take this seriously and start putting ingredient list on all their products.
Coming to the most desirable characteristic in a Kajal – the pigmentation. Well I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I mean I want to love it but I can’t. The pigment this has can be called dark black but it no way fits the claim of being “Supreme Black” because I have used more black ones. Another part which I wasn’t very happy about was its texture which to me seems pretty dry and not really creamy. It does not apply smoothly in a single stroke. I have to go 3-4 strokes to get it even. So neither the colour is jet black nor is the colour intensity upto the mark.
After application, it takes around a couple of minutes to set. Before that if I rub it, it comes right off. After it sets, its becomes more resistant to rubbing although not completely. The Loreal Kajal Magique claims to be smudge proof upto 12 hours however in my case it remained smudge proof for about 6 hours, after which I noticed some smudging near my lower lash line corners. It is waterproof.
So apart from the fact that it needs around 3 strokes for proper pigmentation, I quite like it. I would have loved even deeper black but I guess this was okay for starters by Loreal.
In the pictures below, I have applied it on my lower lash line in 3-4 strokes.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique
1. First twist up retractable Kohl pencil by L’oreal in pink and black.
2. Does not pull on tug on the skin while applying.
3. Decent Pigmentation.
4. Lasts without any smudging for around 6 hours.
6. Does not irritate my eyes.
7. Easily available.
CONs of L’Oreal Paris Kajal Magique
1. I would have preferred a more intense black pigmentation for the Kajal.
2. Needs building up (around 3 strokes).
3. Does not stay smudge free for “12 hours”
4. No ingredient list anywhere.
1. Its a close competition to the Maybelline Colossal 12 Hour Kajal, so swatch both of them before purchasing.
2. Always use a good eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup. Never rub, use only gentle motions.