L’Oreal Paris recently came up with a new Skin Perfect range in which they have age specific skin care products. As I have mentioned it “HERE” this review is based on my mum’s experience with the product.
About L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Anti-Aging + Whitening Cream For Age 40+
- Skin care customized for your age- The skin has different needs at every age. L’oreal Paris created Skin Perfect, a range specifically formulated to address these specific skin needs.
- From the age of 40, aging and aggressions such as exposure to UV rays may cause wrinkles and dark spots to appear, skin loses its firmness.
- The L’oreal Expertise – L’oreal research has selected powerful actives and specifically designed this cream to act on skin texture and tone of Indian women from 40 years old.
- Anti Aging Action- Enriched with Pro-Retinol A, a powerful anti-aging active. This formula visibly reduces wrinkles and helps make skin plumper.
- Advanced whitening- Vitamin 3X complex combines 3 vitamins: Vitamin B3 and C, known to act on melanin responsible for dullness and dark spots and Vitamin E, known for its anti-oxidant properties.
- SPF 21 PA+++ for daily UV protection- protects the skin from sun rays which cause aging and darkening.
- Instantly: skin is fairer and smooth
- All day: long lasting hydration
- Day after day: wrinkles are visibly reduced, skin quality is improved, skin tone is even, and dark spots are faded.
- Dermatologically tested, non greasy – non comedogenic formula.
Rs 595 for 50g jar
Water, Glycerin, Homosalate, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Triethanolamine, Phe.Benzimidazole, Sulfonic Acid, Octocrylene, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane,Titanium, DiO2 Silica, PEG 100 Stearate, CI 77891, Glyceryl Stearate, CI 19140, CI 15510, Tocophery Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Hydrolysed Rice Protein, Phenoxyenthanol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sunflower seed oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Limonene, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salycylate, Lentil Seed Extract, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Perlite, Cetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Retinyl Palmitate, Citronellol, Citral, Aluminium Hydroxide, Prunus Yedoensis Leaf extract, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal
(Phew! That was a long list to type 😀 )
In Detail L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Anti-Aging + Whitening Cream For Age 40+ Review
My mother used this cream religiously and has come up with this review. First, talking about the packaging. I guess it looks great in the glass jar. It has the white label surrounding which basically has almost all information. However it is the outer box which has all the information about the product in toto including the ingredients.
As you open it, you will see an off white coloured cream which looks neither too thick nor too runny. It has this smell which is not very strong, and kind of goes away after sometime. It is quite easy to blend it on the skin. You will need approximately a pea sized amount to cover your entire face and neck. Post application, this does not make your skin look very oily or greasy. This is a tad bit more moisturizing then the olay day cream. You can apply light make up on top of it. However if you do use it more than required, it may give your skin a little greasy look.
Moving on the effects, according to my mom this cream has definitely helped her get rid of tan to an extent. It has showed effects on dark spots and helped make them less noticeable. So basically her skin looks comparatively more evened out. The cream also has an SPF which means you do not need to slather on an additional sun protection on top for moderate sun exposure. She says her skin feels more moisturised and dry patched have reduced. The only claim about which she is not sure is the reduction in wrinkles. She hasn’t really noticed a change in the skin lines but may be it needs more time to show action on skin wrinkles.
PROs of L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Anti-Aging + Whitening Cream For Age 40+
1. Nice, easy to use packaging
2. Product is easy to apply
3. Does not make the skin look oily or greasy
4. Brightens up the skin and reduces tan
5. Has sun protection
6. Evens out the skin tone
7. Is moisturizing and does not make the skin look oily
8. The price is good for an anti ageing cream
CONs of L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect Anti-Aging + Whitening Cream For Age 40+
1. A very long ingredient list
2. I don’t think a glass jar is a great option while travelling
3. Did not work on wrinkles as good as we thought this would
1. Dot apply too much of it or it can leave a white caste and make the face look greasy
2. Use it only after properly cleaning your face with a face wash
3. If you are in your 40s, this is a good cream to try
Will I repurchase this?
So far, mum seems to love it. If she continues to see results, I am sure we may repurchase this baby.