Don’t we all admire our bollywood divas? Yes we do, right? But have you ever wondered how their makeup looks fresh, dewy and glossy? I am sure many of you would have wanted to know the secret behind it. So the reason behind their glowing skin is healthy eating and workout but the reason behind their fresh and dewy makeup look is the M.A.C. Strobe Cream.
So hey beautiful ladies, my name is Aditi and I am a makeup artist and today I am going to share my views on M.A.C Strobe Cream- THE SECRET OF FRESH, DEWY AND GLOSSY MAKEUP.
Claims for MAC Strobe Cream
A moisturizer that boosts the look of dull skin and luminizes with iridescent particles.
The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals to refresh and moisten. Boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with nutritious vitamins and a mega-dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight.
• Smoothes skin
• Improves clarity
• Provides radiance
• Dermatologist tested
• Ophthalmologist tested
• Non- acnegenic
Apply desired amount of product to fingertips and blend over face.
Price of MAC Strobe Cream
$ 33.00 for 1.7 fl oz in the USA
£ 24.50 for 50 mL in the UK
₹ 2500.00 for 50 mL in India
In Detail MAC Strobe Cream Review, Swatches, Demo and My Experience
Let’s start with understanding the meaning of strobing. STROBING is basically intensive highlighting to radiate a youthful look. M.A. C has two types’ strobing creams:-
1. MAC STROBE CREAM ( for normal to dry skin)
2. MAC STROBE LOTION ( for normal to oily skin)
Today I’ll be writing about M.A.C STROBE CREAM which is meant for people with normal to dry skin. M.A.C strobe cream comes in a 50mL white tube with a black cap. The quantity is quite good and long lasting. The white tube has pink iridescent particles which gives a highlight to the tube and also makes it look attractive.
The product is a white cream with purple iridescent particles for highlighting the skin. These iridescent particles give a dimension to your face. I don’t to like to use it on myself as my skin is oily and on a deeper skin tone side. It makes my face look grey and greasy. But I have used it on my clients with fair and dry skin and it has turn out very well and they have never complained about it. Instead they get so much fascinated with its result that many of them bought it for themselves.
It can be used as a skin care product, as apart from giving glow to the skin it also hydrates your skin. It can be used in different ways. Check out these different ways in the application section below.
How to Use MAC Strobe Cream – 4 Different Ways!
There are four ways of using it
1. Use it beneath the foundation
• Moisturize your face well. Then take a very little amount of strobe cream and apply it all over the face using your hand or a foundation/ buffing brush.
2. Mix it with the foundation
• In order to make a matte finish foundation or any foundation dewy, add a drop of strobe cream to it. Then apply the foundation on your face using finger or foundation brush.
3. Make foundation a shade lighter
• In order to make your foundation a shade lighter, add a small drop of strobe cream to it. Mix it well and then apply the foundation on the face.
• But remember that it will also change the properties of your foundation and make it dewy.
4. Apply on highlighting areas
• This application method is best for people with oily skin who have unknowingly bought this product.
• After applying the foundation take drop of strobe cream and apply it on the highlighting areas such as the area right above the eye brows, middle of the eyebrows, down the centre of the nose, middle of your upper lip, middle of the chin and right above the cheek bone. Apply it in a patting motion using a finger or small concealing brush.
• For people with oily skin apply it only on the cheek bones and right above the eyebrows.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo, MBF Makeup Look
Pros of MAC Strobe Cream
1) Makes the dull skin glow
2) Works as a cream highlighter
3) Can be used without foundation
4) Small amount is sufficient
5) Can be used on a daily basis
6) Works as a skincare product
7) Due to its illuminating properties it makes the appearance of breakouts and open pores visibly less.
Cons of MAC Strobe Cream
1) Not for people with oily skin
2) Not suitable for dark skin tones (Shades above MAC NC40). As it makes the skin look grey.
Overall, it is a very good product. Gives a dewy and glamorous look to your face. For best results buff it well into your skin with a buffing brush. And as I have mentioned earlier also it is not suitable for dusky and oily skin people.
So ladies! What are you waiting for? Look glamorous this wedding season and I am sure people are definitely going to ask you the reason behind your glowing skin.
People with fair but oily skin don’t worry M.A.C has a product for you as well. You can try M.A.C STROBE LOTION which works almost the same way. Well I am not going to be partial with our beautiful dusky Indian skin tone ladies. I will be soon writing about a product that would give you that bollywood diva look but currently that’s a surprise for you all. To know more about it stay tuned with MAKEUP AND BEAUTY FOREVER. 🙂