If you have heard me rave about the Macadamia Natural oil range, you probably know already how much I love their products. I have used almost every product from the Macadamia Natural Oil range and have not been disappointed with any of them. Have always been a fan of sulphate free shampoos since I started using them a couple of years ago. Love to try different sulphate free shampoos and that was one of the reasons this appealed to me so much. Read on to find out the exact reasons why this impressed me 🙂
About Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo
Macadamia Rejuvenating Shampoo is designed to add moisture and protection to all hair types and is excellent for dry, damaged hair.
- Sulfate and paraben free.
- Gently cleanses chemically treated, damaged hair.
- Replenishes moisture with no heavy build-up.
- Protects from harsh daily environmental elements.
Directions for Use
- Wet the hair with warm water and shampoo with Macadamia Rejuvenating Shampoo.
- Gently massage the scalp and roots with your fingertips and work into a rich lather.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and towel dry.
- Repeat if necessary.
Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Cetyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Glycol Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Laurdimonium Hyddroxypropyl Hydrolysed Wheat Proteion, Glycereth-2 Cocoate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Sea Salt, Aminomethyl Propanol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Limonene, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI42090), Red 4 (CI 14700).
$ 21.00 for 300 ml or the same size available for approximately Rs 1200/- in India
In Detail Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo Review and My Experience
Like I mentioned before, the reasons why I decided to pick this baby was because it is a sulphate free shampoo and it comes from a brand which has impressed me before. It comes in a lovely brown coloured plastic bottle with lovely flower pattern printed on it. It has this pretty fusiform shape. The cap as you can see is light green in colour with a flip open top. I got this in the bigger 300 ml size as I was pretty sure I am going to like it 😀
The shampoo has this peachy off white colour, and smells completely amazing. It has this beautiful smell of flowers and slightly nut like may be but overall absolutely lovely. I am in love how this makes my shower smell when I am washing my hair. It creates a beautiful lather which doesn’t feel very thick, but is quite soft.
How I Use it
I use it every time I wash my hair. When I have oil in my hair, I need a little bit extra amount, otherwise I need approximately one and a half coin sized amount for my hair. For reference, my hair length is approximately 3 to 3.5 inches below my navel. So if you have hair length shorter than that, you would probably need lesser amount. I work it on my scalp and very gently massage my scalp. For washing it off, I always prefer using cold water. Afterwards I let my hair dry in the natural air.
This cleanses my hair very well. My hair still does not feel very dry and tangly. Hair looks healthy and nourished. Gives a slight shine to the hair as well. It also leaves that wonderful fragrance lingering from more then a day which I adore. My feels fresh for a couple of days after which I need to wash my hair again. Because this shampoo is so gentle for the scalp and hair, it does not irritate my scalp. It did not cause any hairfall.
Overall I feel its a lovely shampoo for the beauties who prefer using sulphate and paraben free shampoos. Also this shampoo is colour safe so can be used on coloured hair as well.
PROs of Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo
1. Lovely tropical looking packaging.
2. Smells super deliciously amazing.
3. Cleanses my hair well without drying it out.
4. Makes hair soft and shiny.
5. Did not cause any scalp irritation or hairfall.
6. Can be used by all hair types.
7. Free of sulphates and parabens. Good for coloured hair as well.
CONs of Macadamia Natural Oil Rejuvenating Shampoo
1. Higher price tag!
2. Not easily available in India
3. May not wash off the oil completely if your hair is heavily oiled.
1. If you’re looking for a sulphate free shampoo, try this one.
2. Always work the shampoo using gentle motions of the fingers on the scalp.
3. Never rub your hair vigorously while washing.
4. Always condition your hair after washing.
5. Never try to force comb wet hair.
Will I repurchase this?
I might reconsider repurchasing this but for the high price tag and the limited availability.