Today I am going to share with you guys my holy grail facial spray. I have tried some really high end facial mists/sprays and some affordable ones, but this is hands down the king of all. Mario Badescu is a super popular skin care brand among celebrities. This brand has kept its quality consistent through out the years and has some of the best products for basic beauty necessities. I do use a handful of products from MB, and I have never been disappointed by any thing from this brand. So lets go through the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater Review.
Claims for Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs & Rosewater is a refreshing, hydrating mist for all skin types.
Created with a blend of fragrant herbal extracts and rosewater, it lightly refreshes skin whilst boosting hydration and relieving dehydrated, tight complexions. Mist it over your moisturiser for a hydration boost or use it to set makeup. It can even be used on dry hair as a light moisturising mist.
Aqua (Water, Eau), Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosa Canina Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Citronellol, Geraniol, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1).
How to Use
Mist on face, neck and hair as needed. Will not disturb make-up.
In Detail Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater Review and My Experience
Mario Badescu products have the most basic packaging. The product inside are total bomb dot com. The facial spray comes in a semi transparent plastic spray bottle with a cover cap. The spray is amazing and disperses the product in a mist form. I can see the product inside which has a little red-pink tinge to it. The label outside has all the basic information about the product. It also says that this is suitable for all skin types.
Mario Badescu rosewater facial spray has the most amazing smell ever. It smells of a bunch of fresh roses with some mild aloe vera. This is one of my favourite rose like smelling products, and I am someone who is obsessed with roses. The facial spray has a water like consistency. It is absolutely non sticky.
Coming the best parts about this facial spray, it is a multipurpose product. I always take it along with me when I am travelling or going out. Let me take you through the various ways that I use it and the wonderful effects it has.
How I Use it
1. As a toner: I use it everytime I wash my face. I would spray it on to my face right after patting it dry. I then let it sit till it gets absorbed (Some part evaporates).
2. As a freshner: I like to spray it on to my face at random during the day, it really freshens up the skin.
3. After a face mask: Everytime I use a face mask, I like to spray it on. My face doesn’t feel as tight when I use this.
4. On my hair: I sometimes use it on the ends of my hair when I feel that they look a little dry/rough.
5. On my makeup: I spray it on top of my makeup when I feel my makeup is looking somewhat cakey or dry.
This is one amazing product which serves so many purposes. When I spray it on after washing my face, it works as an amazing toner. It helps soothe the skin. The aloe actually moisturises the skin a little bit. This gives a very mild cooling sensation which I totally adore. I have to say that this is one of the best products available out there for sensitive skin. Whenever I out in the sun, I spray it on and it just makes my skin feel so refreshed and calms it down. Very often I find myself using it randomly during the day because of its refreshing properties. Also because it smells wonderful.
On my hair, I have used it sometimes on the ends. It makes the ends of my hair look not so dry and kind of freshens up the hair if I spray it lightly on my entire hair.
For Makeup, its a well known controversy whether to use this product as a makeup setting spray or not. Well according to me, no. This product is not meant to be used like a makeup setting spray, although they mention on the bottle that “ …Use it to set makeup,soothe your skin….“ . I have tried using it as a makeup setting spray and it didn’t help my makeup last longer. However I found it really useful for the times when my makeup felt cakey or dry. I just sprayed it on my face and it just gives that fresh makeup appearance to the face. It does not disturb the makeup and feels really light and refreshing.
So now you know why this product is my HG favourite. Its refreshing, hydrating, soothing and it smells of roses. Its super handy while I am travelling and just a saviour for my skin when its feeling red or irritated. A total must have.
PROs of Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
1. Simple travel friendly packaging.
2. Smells of roses and a little bit aloe.
3. Provides moderate hydration to the skin. Sometimes, this much hydration feels enough on my skin however during winters I do need to use something extra.
4. Refreshes the skin, gives a mild cooling sensation.
5. Works amazing as a regular skin toner.
6. Can be used on hair as well.
7. Soothes irritated skin and really helps calm things down by reducing redness.
8. Never caused any sort of reactions or breakouts.
9. Made of natural botanical ingredients. Not tested on animals.
9. Paraben free.
CONs of Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
1. Not directly available in India.
1. I highly recommend this product for everyone (all skin types) specially beauties with sensitive skin.
2. I keep it in the fridge during the summers so that it feels even better on my skin.
3. For beauties with dry skin, using a moisturiser after this is advised whereas beauties with oily and/or combination skin can get away with this as a moisturiser.
4. It did not work as a makeup setting spray for me however it did work amazing at fixing my makeup when I felt it was very cakey.