Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo Review: I hope you all are having an amazing day. For every girl, a good hair day automatically turns into an amazing one. Therefore, the most important step is to keep your locks clean by regularly shampooing them. Hence, today I am reviewing my current favourite Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo. So here we go.
About Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
Very dry, damaged hair needs extra moisture and conditioning to prevent hair breakage, frizz and flyaways. Inspired by the refreshing aloe plant that never seems to dry, Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo is a professional hair treatment and hair protectant that optimizes moisture balance for healthy looking natural and color treated hair.
- Intense moisturizing, anti-frizz shampoo gently cleanses hair leaving it extremely moisturized, soft and shiny.
- Formulated with aloe, cupuacu butter and apricot kernel oil for volumizing control.
- Paraben-free formula is also suitable for color treated and natural hair.
How to use Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
- Apply to wet hair and lather with a massaging motion.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Apply conditioner after that, preferably ULTRA HYDRASOURCE Conditioner for extra deep hydration.
Ingredients in Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone,Cetearyl Alcohol, Hexylene Glycol, Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Salicylic Acid , Carbomer, Limonene, Hexyl CinnHydroxystearyl Cetyl Ether, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cocamide MIPA, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Propylene, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Disodamal, Coumarin,Linalool, Butylohenyl Methylpropional,Benzyl Alcohol, * Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, Apricot Kernel Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydroxycitrinellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid(F.I.L D49929/1)
Price of Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
$ 17.00 for 13.5 oz in USA
C$ 18.68 for 400 mL in Canada
£ 11.54 for 250 mL in UK, Scotland
€ 12.50 for 400 mL in Europe, France
CHF 9.85 for 200 mL in Switzerland
A$ 21.13 for 400 mL in Australia
S$ 27.00 for 400 mL in Singapore
₱ 924.00 for 400 mL in Philippines
₹ 220.00 for 200 mL in India
Matrix products come in different sizes in different countries. In most places, they come in 3 sizes which are 250 mL, 400 mL and a jumbo 1000 mL.
In Detail Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo Review
The shampoo comes in a sleek white plastic bottle with a purple flip cap. I love the fragrance which is in fact not very overpowering neither mild. The consistency is medium. Also, colour of the product is white.
I recently tried experimenting with my hair by colouring them at home. However, the experience was not so great. I could hardly find any difference after colouring. The shade I chose did not show up on my hair. On the contrary, it made them dry over a period of time.
Hence, I was on a search for a shampoo that could replenish the moisture of my hair. I began searching online and found this gem. Therefore, I ordered it along with the conditioner. I totally love the smell and good thing is, a little quantity of this shampoo lathers well. Even after oiling I need not overuse it.
Love the smell that lingers after wash but it fades away soon. After few washes itself my hair started behaving. The general disposition of my hair is dry and colouring made them rough too. This shampoo acted as a total saviour. After applying this my hair felt soft to touch. Also, there was a shine imparted to them.
I have been using it for quite sometime and would definitely recommend it to girls battling dry hair. If you have very fine hair then it might make them look flat. So go out and use it yourself to see if amazes you.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
- Effectively treats dry hair.
- Paraben free.
- Lathers well.
- Travel friendly sturdy packaging.
- Nice fragrance.
Cons of Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo
- Does not last long
- Not suitable for fine hair.
- A little expensive for this quantity.
- Dry hair needs moisture and there is nothing that can beat a good oil massage. So even if you are not an oil person do it once a week for the sake of your hair.
- Do not use a product for too long as it can lead to product buildup. This a good reason to experiment with new products out there.
- One simple rule is not overusing the product. If you apply too much oil you need a lot of shampoo to remove it and ultimately it rips the moisture and dries them out.
- Moderation is the key. So use oil only for scalp and little bit on the strands. Dilute the shampoo in water before application to avoid too much product at one spot.