Hi my angels, Maybelline launched another Kajal. Its more black as compared to the original colossals. We will go through the Maybelline Super Black Colossal Kajal Review and also see the differences between this one and the older colossal Kajals.
Claims for Maybelline Super Black Colossal Kajal
Colossal Kajal goes Blacker & Bolder
New Maybelline Colossal Kajal Super Black – It gives you a 2X blacker look in one smooth stroke, that stays intense for up to 16 hours! With light absorbing pigments, the formula delivers 2 times more blackness* for double the intensity. Enriched with oil for super smooth application, it glides on effortlessly, adding a rich, glossy sheen color that stays waterproof and smudgeproof for upto 16 hours.
SUPER BLACK With Light Absorbing Pigments, the formula delivers 2 times more blackness*, for double the intensity. For the boldest black look that enhances the natural color & shine of your eyes – in a single stroke.
SUPER SMOOTH Enriched with oil for super smooth application, it gglliiddeess oonn effortlessly and evenly, to perfectly define eyes – in one smooth stroke – while adding a rich, glossy sheen to the color result that lasts all day.
SUPER LASTING Waterproof, smudgeproof formula stays intense for 16 hours. Ophthalmologically tested, it is suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens users
How to Use/Apply the Kajal
- Starting at the inner corner of the eye, draw a neat line along the waterline.
- Starting once again at the inner corner, add a bold stroke along the upper lash line.
INR 300.00 for 0.35 g
In Detail Maybelline Super Black Colossal Kajal Review and My Experience
The packaging of superblack Kajal is quite literally the opposite of original colossals. Its a black packaging with yellow labelings. I have to admit, I like the new packaging more. It has a twist up retractable mechanism which is smooth. It closes with a satisfying click, so pretty safe to travel with.
The Maybelline super black kajal has a lovely creamy formula that glides smoothly. I am a person who does not like to put a pencil kohl on my upper lash line, I always go for a liquid eyeliner. However because the formula of this kohl is so smooth, I applied it on my upper lash line as well. It has a soft and super matte texture. There are really sparse tiny silver shimmers in the kajal which become prominent only when I look really attentively and close. I have highlighted the tiny shimmers on my hand swatch below. The Kajal is intensely pigmented. I love how the pigment is true black and there is absolutely no charcoal or brown tones whatsoever. If you like to flaunt bold kohl rimmed eyes, this Kajal is a must have.
The wear time of superblack Kajal was approximately 8 hours on my eyes. In this period, it did not fade of smudge at all. By 10 hours, I could notice some minor fading around the outer corners of the eye which was not very obvious. By 12 hours, it started fading a bit on my waterline. So I have to say I am really impressed with the staying power of this Kajal. Its absolutely water proof and smudge proof. In fact I need a good makeup remover to completely take it out.
More Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Colossal Super Black Kajal Vs Maybelline Colossal Original 12 Hour Kajal
1. The packaging – The colour theme of the packaging exactly opposite of each other.
2. Formula – Superblack is more creamy and applies smoother also has some sparse silver shimmers.
3. Pigmentation – Superblack is 10 times more intensely pigmented.
4. Stay Time – Super black stays on for 10 to 12 hours on my eyes while colossal original (12h) stayed on my eyes for around 7 to 8 hours.
5. Price – This one is priced at Rs. 300/- while the other one was Rs. 199/- A price hike of approximately 100/-.
6. Both of them do not have ingredients mentioned anywhere on the packaging.
PROs of Maybelline Super Black Colossal Kajal
1. I like the black and yellow packaging.
2. Smoother, creamier formula.
3. Soft, matte texture.
4. Intense true black pigmentation.
5. Smudgeproof, waterproof.
6. Long wearing – 10 to 12 hours.
7. The Kajal stick does not break while applying. (Yay!!)
CONs of Maybelline Super Black Colossal Kajal
1. No ingredients list mentioned again!
Although I am pretty -meh!- about the price hike, I honestly feel that the formula of the super black colossal kajal is way superior. I recommend this to everyone who likes intense black kohl on the eyes. Make sure to remove with a good quality makeup remover before retiring to bed because this does not come off completely easily.
(I would have given it a 5 if the ingredients were mentioned because I feel its really important to know what we are putting on our skin.)