Hair masks and myself have a never ending relationship. The reason is, my hair like to stay dry so that its best friends i.e. the hair masks come and have a mini party when I put them on. So I keep trying different hair masks pretty often. This is one of the hair masks which by the name sounds like the most moisturising thing in the world there can ever be. Lets find out if it stands true to its name. 🙂
About Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask
Indulge your senses with OGX Argan Oil & Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask, a creamy blend of moisturizing shea butter to balance hair and scalp. Weightless argan oil restores luster and shine, giving you silky-smooth strands to soften your natural curls for hydrated perfection. Whether you want to embrace your natural curls or repair damage caused by styling, this non-greasy, hydrating formula will give you frizz-free smooth strands that will resist breakage while adding shine for hair that is super soft and healthy looking.
OGX Argan Oil & Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask:
- An infusion of hydrating shea butter moisturizes both hair and scalp
- Penetrating argan oils create a non-greasy shine for hair that begs to be touched
- Smooth hydration
- Beauty pure and simple
Rs 725/- for 237 ml
In Detail Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask Review and My Experience
Organix products have been slowly becoming readily available in India, though mostly on the online shopping portals. I have tried a few of their stuff and although never been super impressed by any of those, I keep trying out new ones to find out if any one can fulfil my expectations. So I got this one since my hair has been needing some serious moisturisation since I have moved to Delhi. The air is quite dry here in the Capital and I feel obligated to treat my hair with all the moisture I can possibly give it.
This hair masque comes in a nice stout tub which has this beautiful golden brown colour on the outside. The labels mention every detail including the ingredients which I find quite helpful. The cap has a screw lock mechanism which might be a problem sometimes in the shower when hands are wet or soapy. So the packaging overall is okay.
As soon I you open the top, I get this beautiful tropical fresh and creamy fragrance. It has a nice gooey consistency. Its not very thick or dense, but feels creamy.
How I Use it
When I am done washing my hair, I like to take it on my palms and evenly distribute it through the lengths of my hair concentrating near the ends, without touching the roots. Depending on the length of your hair, you might need more or less amounts. I let it sit and let my hair absorb all the moisture for a good 10 to 15 minutes at max or may be 5-7 minutes when I am in a hurry. To wash it out, I always use cold water.
I find that this moisturises my hair really well. Detangles them to an extent. My hair look and feel healthy overall. It does not weigh my hair down. Made my hair softer. The lovely smell lasts for a day and it is quite nice actually. Provides a decent bit of shine to hair.
Do I like this hair masque? Yes. Am I a great fan of it? Not really to be honest. It did work well for my hair which tends to get dry but I did not see it doing anything which would make me go wow about it. It did condition my hair very well and worked decently in other areas, I wish it made my hair silky and smooth like we all expect moisturising products to do. I really like it as my regular hair conditioner but I am not so sure I look at it with something which would heal my damaged hair. I did not see any long term effects on my hair with this product.
PROs of Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask
1. Decent packaging.
2. I like the smell and the soft, gooey consistency which makes it very easy to apply.
3. Moisturises my hair very well.
4. Does not weigh my hair down.
5. Detangles to an extent, makes it softer.
6. Did not cause any increased hair fall.
7. Did not irritate my skin.
CONs of Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Moisture Restore Mask
1. I did not notice any long term benefits on my hair with this.
2. Ingredient list is full of chemicals like alcohol, dimethicone, urea etc. ( I don’t know why they call themselves an organic brand)
3. Organix is not easily available in India offline.
1. Always moisturise your hair. If you do not oil your hair, then make sure to use a moisturising conditioner after shampooing. This is a good moisturising hair mask for dry and damaged hair type.
2. Do not apply conditioners on the roots of hair. One, the numerous harmful chemicals would be harmful to the delicate roots and secondly the natural oils produced by the scalp are enough to keep the hair near the roots moisturised.
3. Always concentrate any moisturising hair products near the ends of the hair as that area is most prone to get dry.
4. Do not brush/comb your hair while it is wet.
5. Washing the hair with cold water makes it more shiny.
Will I repurchase this?
Though I liked how it worked on my hair over all in terms of moisturisation, it failed to impress me a lot. I guess I would try different products from Organix before I decide to come back to this.