Hi my angels, Its been forever since I have been wanting to do the Real Techniques Buffing Brush Review. Today finally I am sitting and doing this in depth review for you guys. If you are familiar with the makeup world, you already know how much these brushes are raved about everywhere. I have almost all the real techniques brushes and starting today, I will be talking to you guys about each one of them. Let’s get started.
What Real Techniques has to say about their Buffing Brush
- Buffing brush is ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.
- Look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
- Ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
- Extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use
I don’t think this brush is sold separately as it is a part of their “Core Collection” which retails at $ 18.00 in the USA.
In Detail Real Techniques Buffing Brush Review and My Experience
I love how the real technique brushes look fun and classy at the same time. I like sigma brushes but they looked somewhat monotonous to me but the real techniques brushes have lovely designs. The middle of the brush is made of aluminium. The rear end of the brush is this black anti slip material however, it I get a little bit of foundation on it, it gets pretty messy and takes effort to come off.
The brush has really soft bristles which are densely packed. You know those are the basic two qualities of a brush. Coming to the shape of this brush, its shaped in a round form with sloping round edges. Looking at the brush any one who is familiar with makeup can tell that this brush is going to work very well as a powder brush for applying powder foundation, setting powder etc. I in fact use it for 2 different things i.e. for my foundation as well as for my powder.
Real Techniques Buffing Brush for Foundation
When I say I use this for foundation, I am not saying that I use this for only powder foundation. I use this for my liquid, cream or powder foundation. The super dense bristles of the brush make it really easy for me to blend the foundation out. I am often quite heavy handed while taking out the foundation so this brush makes sure there is no extra product on my skin. It gives a very evened out sort of like an air brushed look.
Real Techniques Buffing Brush for Powder
Goes without saying, this is a great brush to apply powders. It picks up right amount of product and makes it really easy to dab the powder on the face because its super soft and dense. This brush packs the powder really nicely on the skin. Doesn’t mess with the underlying makeup at all and makes everything look nice and matte.
That being said, I recently used it for my blush and it worked perfectly. I also remember using it to apply my highlighter one day when I wanted to be quite heavy handed with the highlighting. What I want to emphasise here is that it is pretty much a multi purpose brush if you know how to use it right. It is shaped in such a unique way that it works in a variety of ways.
If there is only one brush I can carry in my purse, it is this brush always. I cannot rave enough about the reach techniques buffing brush. I think it has an amazing quality and if you have been second guessing about buying this product, definitely go get it because this is worth every penny.
More Photos and Demo Using this Buffing Brush
PROs of Real Techniques Buffing Brush
1. Design is unique and user friendly.
2. Super soft bristles.
3. Densely packed bristles.
4. Can be used for a lot of different products. I use it for foundations and powders usually.
5. My goto brush in my purse.
CONs of Real Techniques Buffing Brush
1. You have to buy the complete “Core Collection” in order to get this brush.
1. Try this brush with different makeup products. It’s amazing how nicely it works as a multi purpose brush.
2. Clean your makeup brushes every single week AT LEAST. Because product build up inside brushes can retain moisture which further attracts micro organisms.
3. Don’t be too hard on the bristles while cleansing them.