Good morning my lovely friends,
Today we are going to talk about another much loved scent from my vanity which is Vanilla. Vanilla has been the favourite scent for my olfactory centre since I was a kid. I love wearing vanilla fragrances specially this one from Body Shop. Let us know why. 🙂
Claims For The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette
Can’t get enough of Vanilla? Get a fix of your favourite gourmet scent in an eau de toilette format
- Eau de toilette
- Light and wearable
- Warm, seductive gourmet scent
- Contains vanilla extract
Rs 795/- for 30ml
Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Benzyl Cinnamate (Fragrance Ingredient), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant).
How To Use
Spritz onto neck and pulse points.
Top notes: apricot, plum, peach and lemon
Middle notes: tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang and lily-of-the-valley
Base notes: sandalwood, amber, musk and vanilla.
In Detail The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette Review and My Experience
The packaging here is exactly like the TBS Shea EDT which I reviewed a few days back. The elegant packaging with a cylindrical glass and long silver top looks really nice. The spray quality is good and the compact size makes it very travel friendly. I find myself carrying these TBS scents in my handbag very often.
Lets talk about the scent. The moment I spray it, I get vanilla speak to me from a base of some peaches and slightest bit of tanginess. The sandalwood starts growing with a woody background around it. Vanilla is still the queen. I smell some light jasmine and ylang ylang coming though somewhere as the scent settles down towards the middle. Now after a while, I start noticing some musk coming to me with enhanced sandalwood and Vanilla. I guess this is my favourite part of this EDT. This particular scent is basically very simple and almost lineal if one does not really care about the light surrounding scents around the core of Vanilla.
I have used this mostly in the mornings. I don’t mind using this in the evenings either or on a date because my fiance loves this on me as well. To me this is very soothing and takes me on a sweet ride. Speaking of the staying power which is one of the most important things to look for in a fragrance, I have to say I am rather not very happy with this one. It stays on me for approximately 3 to 4 hours. Though this is somewhat okay, since I can always spray it on again, I wish that it were longer lasting.
Overall I feel that if you are someone who loves vanilla scents, you sure would appreciate this one. Its sweet simple vanilla in a background of some sweet fruits, florals, sandalwood and musk at the end. Great to be worn during the day or/and night.
PROs of The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette
1. Elegant, travel friendly packaging but we need to be careful since it is a glass packaging.
2. Love the warm sweet vanilla scent in varying backgrounds of fruit, florals, sandalwood and musk. So practically not overly sweet but basically has a very nice balance of fragrances.
3. Sillage is more that the regular TBS scents.
4. Can be worn day and night.
5. Never gives stains on fabrics.
6. TBS does not test on animals, yay!! 🙂
CONs of The Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette
1. I wish it was longer lasting, I mean the scent.
2. One has to be very careful with the glass packaging.
1. Always apply perfumes on to the defined spots such as the pulse points and the neck area as this will give you a decent sillage and make the scent last slightly longer.
2. Spray perfumes on moisturised skin, makes them last longer.
3. To prolong the smell, try layering up with the products of same range such as the body butter and body mist.
4. Store scents in a cool and dry place, never near direct sunlight.
5. Never forget to put the cap back to prevent the scent from fading.
(0.5 deducted for staying power)