Since I have been travelling a lot recently, my skin has started being a little dry. I thought why not pick a body scrub meant for dry skin. I have admired TNC products and have even tried this scrub before when I got it as a sample in my subscription box. This time when I got this, I just can’t have enough of it.
About The Nature’s Co. Irish Moss Sugar Body Scrub
To get beautiful, glowing skin, all you have to do is scrub. Irish Moss Sugar Body Scrub contains Brown Sugar which is a natural exfoliant and is also rich in Irish Moss extract that has emollient, soothing & nourishing properties.
How to use
- In the shower or bath, spread the scrub over your entire body.
- Rub into skin to exfoliate and then rinse well.
- It will leave you feeling smooth all over and the refreshing fragrance of Irish Moss will linger on.
- Recommended usage 1 to 2 times a week.
Irish moss extract, Brown sugar, Vitamin – E, Almond oil, Vegetable Glycerin.
Rs 1495 for a 200 ml tub.
In Detail The Nature’s Co. Irish Moss Sugar Body Scrub Review and My Experience
The scrub comes in a tub packaging with a wide top. I really like this packaging because for a sugar scrub, a tube packaging might have been a little too difficult considering the fact that it tends to be a little more on the thicker side. I find the packaging to be very appropriate. It also has all the details mentioned on the outer label. One caution though, since it is oil based, please remember to close the lid properly or it might leak a little. Otherwise its safe to travel with.
As soon as you open the tub, you will notice this fresh earthy organic smell which is because of the red algae in it – Irish Moss. I know a thing or two about irish moss and according to my knowledge, irish moss is a group of red algae which is found in parts of Europe. It has skin soothing and softening properties. It is known for its emollient and hydration effects and this is the reason why it is a hit in the skin care industry.
The consistency of the scrub is like a sugar paste initially. But when you rub it between your palms, it feels a little warm and the paste takes a little bit thinner consistency. The sugar granules however do not feel harsh at all. They in fact scrub the skin so well that it seems like a massage experience.
How I Use it
I have been using it since 2 weeks now and I guess the remaining amount will last me for another week. I take it on my palm, rub it a little (gives a warm sensation) and apply it on my skin. I then make scrubbing motions on my skin. The sugar granules gradually melt on the skin. I have been using this all over my body specially trying to work it on my knees and elbows which tend to get very dry.
This is one of the best sugar scrubs I have used. It takes off the dead skin cells and makes my skin feel so soft and supple. It hydrates my skin effectively and even helps get a glow on the skin. My skin feels very smooth and plump. Because the scrub is not harsh, I have in fact been using this almost daily. Naturally, this is getting over faster than expected.
PROs of The Nature’s Co. Irish Moss Sugar Body Scrub
1. The tub packaging is nice and sturdy, very appropriate for a sugar scrub.
2. Made of all natural ingredients. Brown sugar used as the exfoliant.
3. Has moisturising agents like irish moss, vitamin E, Almond oil and glycerine.
4. Easy to work on the skin, scrubs the skin very well. Gives a massage experience.
5. Makes the skin super soft and supple. Even gets a glow on the skin.
6. Wonderful product for ladies with dry skin. Other skin types will love this as well.
7. Scrubs and moisturises at the same time.
8. Can be used daily as it is super hydrating and made of all natural things.
CONs of The Nature’s Co. Irish Moss Sugar Body Scrub
1. A little bit on the costly side.
2. They mentioned natural preservatives on the ingredient list. I would be happy if they mentioned the names of each and every ingredient as they are.
1. Always use a moisturising scrub whatever skin type you may have.
2. If you have oily skin, make sure to use super hydrating ingredients in your skin care.
3. Scrub your body skin at least twice every week.
4. If you have sensitive skin, try sugar scrubs such as this one which melt on the skin and avoid the ones with apricot shell dusts.
Will I Repurchase this?
I have loved using this product. I guess I will repurchase this pretty soon.