Visiting Parlours on a regular basis is not something every woman or girl can do these days. It becomes very necessary for us to search for bypass ways for achieving our beauty rituals. Waxing has been one of the oldest and most used method of hair removal.
While there are multiple types of wax, a girl like me is very very scared of the hot waxes. First its HOT and second, the pain when the strip is pulled away. Mommy!!!! Then came cold waxes to our relief. One such concept, beautifully explored by veet was at home cold waxing by ready to use strips.
Claims for Veet Easy Grip Ready-to-Use Wax Strips for Dry Skin with Aloe Vera and Lotus Flower Fragrance
In a busy world, women are trying to balance between their office and household work, so pampering themselves at a parlour with a pedicure, manicure and waxing is out of question. The Veet Easygrip Ready-to-use Wax Strips – Dry Skin will help you remove the hair on your body at home itself. Waxing is made easy and comforting with this Strips. If you have dry skin, you are the perfect candidate for this Ready-to-use Wax Strips. The composition of aloe vera in this Veet Easygrip Wax Strips will moisturize your skin. You have eight wax strips to remove the unwanted hair on your body and two finishing wipes to cleanse the waxed portion. It takes only few seconds to remove hair using this strips and also cleans up perfectly.
Veet Ready-to-Use Wax Strips are effective at pulling out even 1.5mm short hair, leaving you free to get up to 4 week long lasting smoothness and instantly exfoliated skin, whenever you want. And they’re easy to use, any time: The ready-to-use pack gives you perfect waxing results in just 5 easy steps and the special Easy Grip™ tab helps you uproot hair in one easy move. And, with regular use, you’ll get fewer, finer and softer hairs growing back. Specially formulated with Aloe Vera, known for its moisturising properties and fragranced with Lotus Flower, Veet provides extra care to suit Dry Skin.
- A convenient and easy way to ensure effective and long-lasting hair removal.
- The strips are easy to apply, adhere well to the hair, and are removed immediately.
- The supple and soft fleecy paper backing adapts perfectly to any body contours.
- Tested under dermatological conditions and accredited by the British Skin Foundation
20 (10*2) Re-usable,Ready-to-Use Wax Strips
5 Perfect Finish Wipes
Wax Strips: Triethylene Glycol Rosinate, Glyceryl Rosinate, Silica, Polyethylene, Parfum, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate.
Wipes: Paraffinum Liquidum, Hexyldecyl Stearate, Parfum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil, Limonene, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil.
Rs 170/- for 20 strips. (10×2)
The product comes in 3 variants -one for each skin type:
Normal Skin : with Shea Butter and Berry
Sensitive skin : with Vitamin E and Almond Oil
Dry Skin : with Aloe Vera and Lotus.
How to Use
Step 1 Take out a double wax strip and rub it between your hands.
Step 2 Carefully peel the strips apart.
Step 3 With the Easy Grip tab at the bottom, apply one strip to your skin. Rub several times in the direction of hair growth.
Step 4 Hold your skin taut. Grasp the tab and pull the strip back on itself as quickly as you can against the direction of hair growth.
Step 5 After waxing, clean away any wax left on your skin with perfect finish wipe.
Read and follow all precautions and directions before use.
1. Suitable for use on the underarms and bikini line.
2. NOT SUITABLE for use on head, face, eyes, nose, ears, around the anus, genitals and nipples or any other body parts.
3. Do not use on varicose veins, scars, moles, spotty, broken, irritated, sunburnt skin or on skin that has had an adverse reaction to waxes in the past.
Always leave 72 hours between hair removal sessions.
4. Check with your doctor before using if you are on any medication which can affect the skin or if you suffer from any skin related disorder.
5. Waxing is not suitable for the elderly, diabetics or people taking oral retinoids.
6. If you have not waxed before we recommend starting by removing hair from the legs. Only when you have experience then progress to the sensitive areas of underarm and bikini line.
7. Before use make sure your skin is dry, non-irritated, and free of creams, oils or deodorant.
8. Before every use, TEST YOUR SKIN REACTION by applying and removing the product to a small part of the area you wish to treat, following the directions for use. If after 24 HOURS there is no adverse reaction, continue to use.
9. If you experience any smarting/tingling during use, remove the product immediately using the back of a used strip, Perfect Finish wipe or baby oil and then rinse thoroughly with cold water. If a burning sensation persists, seek medical advice.
10. Do not wax over the same area more than once
11. Skin may be more sensitive for a short time after use, so avoid scratching.
12. After use we recommend waiting 24 hours before using anti-perspirant, any perfumed product, using artificial tanning equipment, swimming or sunbathing.
13. If you run out of Perfect Finish wipes, you can use baby oil. Don’t use water, soap or alcohol to remove the wax.
14. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
15. In case of ingestion, seek medical advice immediately and show outer pack.
16. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
17. Waxing is suitable for pregnant women but may cause bruising.
18. Store any remaining strips in a cool, dry place
In Detail Veet Easy Grip Ready-to-Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Dry Skin Review and My Experience
These wax strips are perfectly packed. Basically 2 strips sit together and have to be pulled apart before use. I would suggest using the sister strips in one sitting and not leave one for later use. The lined wax on the strips is light green in colour. Make sure to read the instructions on the box and leaflet carefully before use.
How I Use it
I use these strips on my hands and legs. Sometimes I would use them on my underarms but never on my bikini line. Bikini line has very sensitive skin and one must use special bikini wax strips for that area and never the usual ones.
1. I clean the area I want to wax and make sure its absolutely dry. One can also try applying a little bit of talcum powder which makes sure there is no moisture on the skin.
2. Rub the wax strip between my palms a little bit to make it easier to separate the two strips.
3. Pulling the two sister strips apart, I press the wax side of one strip on the skin and rub it gently to make sure it is properly apposed onto my skin.
4. I hold the strip on the side which is in the direction of the hair growth and pull it apart closer to my skin, moving opposite to the direction of hair growth.
5. The remaining traces of wax is taken care of by the finishing wipes or some baby oil.
6. I like to apply some soothing aloe gel or cooling gels to calm down the newly waxed skin.
The wax strip effectively removes all the noticeable hair on the skin. Skin looks clean, hairfree and smooth. Waxing not only removes hair from the skin, it also kind of exfoliates as it removes the superficial dead skin cells. These wax strips do not caused any burning on my skin. I do get occasional red bumps immediately post wax, however these subside within a couple of hours. To the beauties wondering if this is as effective as the waxing sessions in the parlour, my answer would be a big YES. These wax strips provide results as good as parlour. Even if you are someone who likes to avoid all the mess and get waxing done at parlour, I would suggest keeping one of these packs at home because you never know when can emergencies strike.
I am very happy with the results these easy to use wax strips give. Though they are a little messy, one can always use them right before a nice warm shower. Make sure to apply a soothing lotion on the skin and you will be good to go. The hair regrowth time differs from person to person. My hair starts to grow back in a little more than a couple of weeks, which is same as that if I get the services done at a parlour.
PROs of Veet Easy Grip Ready-to-Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Dry Skin
1. Conveniently packed with all information on the carton box and a leaflet inside.
2. Variants available for different skin types.
3. Really easy to use.
4. Removes all the noticeable hair from the skin and makes it look smooth.
5. Contains almond oil and Vit E to nourish the skin.
6. Great for removing hair on the legs, hands and may be underarms.
7. Finishing wipes work good by removing the residual wax on the skin.
8. Does not irritate the skin.
9. One strip can actually be used twice i.e. on two different areas.
10. Reasonably priced.
CONs of Veet Easy Grip Ready-to-Use Wax Strips Full Body Waxing Kit for Dry Skin
1. The process when done by oneself, becomes a little messy and time consuming.
2. It does not remove hair which are very tiny which is shorter than 1.5 mm.
3. Not suitable for very sensitive skin areas like bikini line.
4. The finishing wipes only remove minimal residual wax, if more wax is retained, one needs to use an alternative.
1. If you are trying out skin waxing for the first time, make sure you have an elder or some experienced friend around. Try waxing a small area of the skin on hands and legs first.
2. For removing the wax completely, a baby oil is always better than others.
3. Post wax, wash the area with luke warm water and apply a soothing cream or gel for example aloe vera gel.
4. If you do get slight red bumps, itching or irritation after any kind of waxing treatment, apply ice on the area for sometime to reduce the inflammation.