We have all seen Katrina Kaif with her smooth skin advertising for Veet. Well who does not want that? I opted for the normal skin variety because I haven’t been able to classify my skin as anything else, so I presumed I got normal skin. Let us see how this Hair removal cream worked for me.
About Veet Hair Removal Cream with Lotus Milk and Jasmine for Normal Skin
Get touchably smooth skin that lasts up to twice as long as shaving. Veet Hair Removal cream effectively removes even the shortest hair*.
Unlike shaving that removes hair on the surface, Veet formula is designed to work close to the root of the hair. Therefore your hair can take noticeably longer to grow back** and your skin stays smoother for up to twice as long as shaving! Specially designed for Normal Skin, its formula is enriched with Lotus Milk and Jasmine Fragrance to ensure maximum respect of your skin.
*Do not use on skin that has been depilated in the last 72 hours.
**Than shaving with your regular razor.
Veet hair removal cream is specially formulated to give you sumptuously smooth skin in just 3 minutes. Enriched with lotus milk and a delightful jasmine fragrance, it leaves skin touchably soft and delicately scented. Suitable for normal skin, it can be used on your legs, arms, underarms and bikini line, where it works on even very short hair for impeccable smoothness that lasts up to twice as long as shaving with your regular razor. Quick and easy to use, simply cover the desired area with cream (without rubbing in), leave for 5-10 minutes and rinse away, using the Perfect Touch spatula to pull dissolved hairs away for perfectly silky skin.
Depilatory creams like this one have a number of advantages over shaving: there’s no risk of nicks or cuts, hair takes longer to grow back and, when it does, is softer than shaved hairs. This is because razors slice off the ends of hairs, leaving sharp edges which are in line with the skin and become exposed within hours, resulting in a prickly feeling. Conversely, creams such as this one dissolve the proteins which make up the hair, leaving smooth rounded hairs just below the skin which take longer to become exposed and feel softer when they do, for sensuous softness that lasts.
How to Use
3 Steps to Beautiful Touchably Smooth Skin
1. Read precautions before use. Apply directly onto the skin with the curved part of the specially designed spatula, spreading the cream evenly to fully cover the hair.
2. Leave the cream on the skin for 3 minutes, timed carefully, and then gently use the head of the spatula to test a small area. If hair comes away easily, remove the rest of the cream with the spatula. For regular areas like legs and arms, use the wider edge of the spatula. For more curved areas like the bikini line, underarm, knees and ankles, use the smaller edge. If you feel you have more stubborn or thick hair, we recommend leaving the cream on a little longer, up to, but not exceeding 6 minutes in total.
3. Rinse your skin thoroughly with water after use and dry.
Aqua, Urea, Potassium Thioglycolate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetearyl Alcohol, Calcium Hydroxide, Talc, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Potassium Hydroxide, Magnesium Trisilicate, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sodium Gluconate, Acrylates Copolymer, Linalool, Hydrated Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 77891, CI 45380 (3)
Rs 95 for 60 g tube
In Detail Veet Hair Removal Cream with Lotus Milk and Jasmine for Normal Skin Review and My Experience
It comes in a lovely white and pink tube packaging. There is a spatula included to help during hair removal. The box also had a paper which had all details for application. In the US, the cream comes with the name of “Lotus milk and Jasmine Fragrance” but here in India, the “fragrance” part is missing. They do mention the extracts of those two flowers in the ingredients, however I am not sure if they are intended only for the fragrance or they actually work for nourishing the skin. The cream has a moderate to thick consistency. It smells very flowery which is a very artificial forced flowery smell. Like jasmine and lilies I would say but not our fresh fragrances. I do not mind the smell though since its only a 5 minutes job.
How I Use it
When I got it, first I applied a little bit of it on my forearm and did a test to check if I am allergic to any of its ingredients. Luckily, I was not allergic and I went ahead and used it on my skin. I applied it on my legs and hands and let it sit for 3-4 minutes. I then rinsed my skin under the shower.
It removed all the hairs properly. I experienced no stinging sensation or irritation on the skin. My skin felt soft and smooth. I was very happy since it gave me a hassle free hair removal experience without the pains of waxing. I also used it on my underarms and found it to be amazing.
However, my sister in law who actually has pretty course hair told me that since her hair grow back pretty fast, her smooth skin lasted only for a week after which she has to use the cream again.
So I guess depending on the hair type, you will need to use the cream. If you have fine hair, then you will need to reuse it in 2 weeks, but if you have course hair, then weekly usage will be required. The cream does not remove the hair from the roots. It weakens the hair and detaches it from the skin level.
Pros of Veet Hair Removal Cream with Lotus Milk and Jasmine for Normal Skin
1. Convenient packaging, detailed description mentioned on the packaging.
2. Easy application, overall easy usage.
3. Removes the hair effectively.
4. Leaves the skin smooth and soft.
5. Quick and hassle free hair removal experience.
6. No redness, or skin irritation.
Cons of Veet Hair Removal Cream with Lotus Milk and Jasmine for Normal Skin
1. A long ingredient list.
2. Does not remove hair from roots.
3. Beauties with coarse hair will need frequent application.
1. Always do a patch test on the skin before using this product for the first time.
2. Use it in the bathroom while taking a shower so that it will be easier for you to work with it.
3. Depending on the rate of your hair growth, develop your own frequency of reapplication since rate of hair growth is different for everyone.
Will I repurchase this?
I think I would like to try the other varieties in this.