Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Review, Swatches. The ABH Dip Brow Pomade is available in 11 brow appropriate shades known as Blonde, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Ebony, Auburn, Chocolate, Soft Brown, Taupe, Caramel, Ash Brown, Granite – V. Read on to know an in depth review and Makeup look using the shade Ebony as well as individual shade descriptions for each one.
Claims for Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
An award-winning waterproof, multitasking, and buildable matte pomade that stays put. Apply and blend a small amount of Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Pomade with an angled brow brush to effortlessly outline, fill, and texturize brows.
- Long-lasting and smudge-proof
- High-pigment formula glides on easily and dries fast
- Acts as an all-in-one brow product* Available in 11 shades
How to use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Dipbrow is best applied with an angled brow brush with short, stiff bristles. You can easily outline and fill a perfect eyebrow.
- After applying the desired amount of color, be sure to blend with a clean spoolie brush.
- Never apply the pomade by directly putting your brush into the pot and applying the product on your brows.
- To ensure you have the perfect amount needed for application, dip your brush into the pot and swipe it across the inside of the cap—this will allow you to remove excess product, or collect more as-needed.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Silica, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ozokerite/Synthetic Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Mica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylparaben, May Contain: (+/-) Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163).
Price of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
$18.00 for 4.0g/0.14Oz in USA
All Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Shades Available
- Blonde – Golden blonde to dark blonde hair.
- Medium Brown – Medium brown to dark brown hair or salt and pepper grey hair.
- Dark Brown – Medium brown to dark brown hair.
- Ebony – Dark brown to black hair.
- Auburn – Strawberry blonde to auburn hair.
- Chocolate – Warm brown to dark brown hair.
- Soft Brown – Dark blonde to light brown hair.
- Taupe – Platinum to light blonde hair.
- Caramel – Golden brown to light brunette hair.
- Ash Brown – Medium brown to brunette hair.
- Granite – Very dark brown to black hair with cool or ashy tones.
In Detail Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Review, Swatches and My experience
I find that nothing frames a face more beautifully than perfectly shaped brows! – Anastasia Soare
Have you ever heard of this quote? Well I never realised its importance till the time I started doing professional makeup artistry. I am not saying I never did my brows before, it’s just I never paid much attention on the detailing. It took me a while to realise that a good brow product is must for every makeup kit. I guess most of us are like that.
Thanks to Anastasia, the brand comes with a number of good quality brow products. Highly famous, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade is one such product which every makeup artist recommends. I got this product as a gift a couple of weeks back. I must say it is the most prized possession in my kit yet.
Packaging and Formula
The packaging is very similar to the old Maybelline gel liner. It’s a transparent pot with a black plastic cap which closes with a twist. The pot itself is quite heavy and looks sturdy. At first look, I thought there’s so less product (only 4g) that it is not going to last for more than two months. Now that I am using it, my myth is broken. Only a small amount of product is enough to cover both the brows.
ABH Brow pomade is very creamy and soft in consistency. It’s very pigmented. It glides on the brows like butter and hence, soft and small brush strokes are advised. It takes a couple of minutes for the product to set, so there’s enough time to blend it properly. Once the product is dry and set, it will stay put for the entire day. I wore it once for about 10+ hours without any rubbing and there it was, still fresh and same as morning.
Even beauties with oily skin won’t face any issue as the product doesn’t melt at all. It stays as it is without fading or smudging! Having said that, some people say it is waterproof. Although according to my experience it is waterproof, but only to some extent. Because just to check, I rubbed it when my brows were wet and yes there was a little smudging. So no, don’t rub it when you are in rain and it won’t smudge on its own.
The product is a boon for ladies with scanty brows, unevenly shaped brows and light brows etc. Moreover, I guess it’s a blessing for all of us as no one really is ever born with the perfect brows ever. Or maybe I don’t know anyone who has the most perfect brows which doesn’t need a touch up.
The product comes in 11 different shades. You read it right 11 shades. Isn’t that great? I bet we all can find a perfect shade for our brows. I use the shade ebony. At first, it looks like black but it’s a very deep brown, can say almost black. I prefer taking a small amount of product on my angled eyeliner brush and remove the excess by rubbing on the inner side of the pot. I first line the brows and then very slowly fill in the product in the brow area. I leave it for a minute or two before using a spoolie brush to evenly distribute the product on the brow hairs. Hence, this way I ensure that I do not remove the product unnecessarily.
It’s the product worth all the hype and I will always cherish it.
More Photos, Swatches and Makeup Look
Pros of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Very soft and creamy
- Decent playtime
- Blends easily
- 11 shades to choose from
- Waterproof (If you do not rub when wet)
- Smudge proof
- Works for all skin types (dry to oily)
- Highly pigmented, only a small quantity is enough
Cons of Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade
- Not easily available in India
- Little pricey (But keeping in mind that the amount of product required per usage is very less, so may not be a con really.)
- No brush provided
Will I buy Again?
Oh yes! Once I run out, but may be not ebony. I feel this is too stark for me. I will go for one shade lighter.
My sincere advice to all the beauties reading this would be,
- use small brush strokes,
- use small angled brush,
- let the product stay for 1-2 minutes and then start blending
- buy the color similar to your hair color