Hello there beautiful, Its time to talk Makeup again, which is my personal favourite! Today I have another palette to share with you. I’m generally a fan of the Balm’s products, but I hadn’t tried their blushes, and when this palette came out, I’m like wow it has a little bit of everything. It seemed like the perfect travel companion. A lot of the times I did my makeup on the go, which meant I had to pack as minimal as possible. What’s more awesome then a palette that has it all, well almost? Let’s take a look at what this baby has to offer! In the Balm of Your Hand Palette Review, Swatches
About In the Balm of Your Hand Palette
This all-in-one face palette contains favorites from some of our best sellers, including 4 perfectly coordinated eyeshadows, 3 universal blushes, a matte bronzer, a champagne-hued highlighter, a classic red lip color and a nude lip and cheek cream. Who says you can’t have it all? Here at the Balm, we believe you can-and it all fits “In the Balm of Your Hand”.
It is an all-encompassing palette that has a little bit of everything, to help you create a multitude of looks. Not only does it include face products, but eyes and lips as well. The best part is that everything can be mixed and matched. The balm put some of their best selling items in a travel sized palette, literally in the balm of your hand! With a mix of matte, shimmers and satins, there’s nothing this palette can’t do!
How to Use In the Balm of Your Hand Palette
For the eyeshadows, it’s always best to apply a primer or some sort of base underneath to really help bring out the true colors and also to help your eye look stay in place and last for hours! There are 3 shimmer/Metallic shades as well as one matte shade that will help create a variety of looks. This palette does have a little fall out so be careful with that!
For the face products, since they are pigmented, I find it best to tap in the pan lightly and build up the coverage. The products are packed with pigment so it’s best to take it slow and easy and blend in circular motions. The same goes for the highlight. You can even apply it after using a setting spray for that extra glow!
Oil-free, talc-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free, non comedogenic
Price of In the Balm of your Hand Palette
Sadly this palette was limited edition, so now it’s only available on sites like amazon for about $25.00 – $35.00.
It was originally for $39.50 on their website. The balm does have international shipping.
The Balm also has amazing 50% off flash sales, so keep an eye for those!
In Detail In the Balm of Your Hand Palette Review, Swatches and My Experience
I already owned a palette by the balm so I expected this one to be awesome as well. I hadn’t tried most of these products before so I was happy I got a chance to sample a little of everything without having to buy individual products. It has some of their best selling items and nothing in this palette is a dud. I get use out of each pan!
I initially wanted to get it during their flash sale, but since it was such a popular product, they were out of it and through email I was told that it might not come out which really bummed me out, so I ended up ordering it through an online page locally. Although I paid more for it then I intended to, I have no regrets because it’s a really useful palette.
This palette includes
- Hot Mama Blush – A peach toned blush with gold shimmer reflects
- Instain Blush in Argyle – Medium cool toned pink with a matte finish
- Cabana Boy Blush – Berry toned satin finish blush that gives a beautiful flush of color!
- Bahama Mama bronzer – A universal medium toned brown for bronzing and contouring
- Insane Jane Eyeshadow (From the Shady Lady Vol 2 Palette) – Warm toned taupe grey with a shimmer finish
- Mischievous Marissa eyeshadow (Shady Lady Special Edition palette) – Gold toned sandy peach shade that’s perfect for the lid! It has a metallic finish
- Sexy Eyeshadow (From the nudetude palette) – Rich Chocolate Maroon matte shade, that’s perfect for the crease and darkening the outer v
- Lead Zeppelin Eyeshadow (From the Balm Jovi Palette) – Olive green with gold reflective shimmer. This shade is one of my favourites!
- Mary-Loumanizer Highlighter – One of their most popular products. It’s a pale gold that suits a multitude of skin tones, and is smooth, so it doesn’t emphasize pores too much!
Lip Stain and Lipstick
- Caramel Cream Cheek & Lip Stain (From how about them apples palette) – A muted caramel pinky peach shade that is perfect for the daytime
- Mia Moore Cream Lip Stain (From the balm girls lipstick range) – A True red with a sheet glossy finish
Since I am always out and about, carrying a lot of makeup with me isn’t always possible, and not to mention, I’m always scared of it breaking, so I like that I can just take this along with a few other essentials and I’m good to go!
The lasting power on the shadows isn’t stellar but it’s pretty decent especially on top of a primer.
The packaging is absolutely adorable. They’ve made a collage of the items that are included in the palette as well as others. I like how there is a separate flap for the cream products so they don’t become messy!
Let’s break it down shall we?
More Photos, Swatches, MBF Eye Makeup Look
Here is a little look I did! Light shadows with glowing skin!
Pros of In the Balm of Your Hand Palette
- Variety of colors and finishes in one palette
- Travel friendly – taking on palette instead of 3 different ones
- Affordable – Especially during their flash sales
- Very Pigmented – particularly the face products
- Multipurpose palette
- Suitable for various skin tones
Cons of In the Balm of Your Hand Palette
- The product in the pan is a little powdery
- The eyeshadows don’t layer too well
- Not available anymore as it was limited edition – But it’s mentioned that it’s Volume 1, so hopefully a volume 2 should come along soon! Fingers crossed.
- Small pan sizes, so bigger brushes create a mess in the palette – Its best to use smaller ones
- Don’t try to layer the eyeshadows too much. Its best to pack shades onto the lids and blend the crease and outer v color
- Always use a base with the eye products
- For longer lasting blush, use the cream blush first, and then layer it with a powdered one!
4.75 / 5
It’s a palette that I personally get a lot of use out of since it’s multipurpose which is a really big win in my book. There are minor things that I don’t like about it but they can be over looked. Overall this was a great buy for me!