Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle Review: Hey guys, lets talk about a fall favourite scent – Balsam. Honestly, I love woodsy scents and that is the reason I immediately picked it up when I saw it online last fall season. Bath and Body Works candles are definitely expensive, specially if you’re purchasing from outside USA.
In fact, they don’t really have physical stores in many countries, you just need to buy BBW online. So honestly, I strongly recommend reason multiple reviews and then make your decision if you want to purchase something or not. Well, that being said, I have to confess that most of my candle purchases are instinctual and luckily most of the times, BBW does not disappoint me. Let’s see how this one fared.
About Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle
- The Perfect 3-Wick Candle! Made using the highest concentration of fragrance oils,
- An exclusive blend of vegetable wax and wicks that won’t burn out, our candles melt consistently & evenly, radiating enough fragrance to fill an entire room.
- Topped with a flame-extinguishing lid! Burns approximately 25 – 45 hours and measures 4″ wide x 3 1/2″ tall.
How to Use Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle
- Trim wick to 1/4 inch before lighting and keep debris out of wax pool.
- Never burn longer than 4-hour intervals.
- Set candle on heat-resistant surface and avoid drafts.
- Always burn within sight and extinguish before leaving room.
- Don’t burn near things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Don’t extinguish with water.
- Always let wax harden before relighting, touching or moving.
Price of Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle
$25.50 for 14.5 oz in USA
CA$ 25.95 for 14.5 oz in Canada
£25.05 for 411 g in UK
₹2,599.00 for 411 g in India
RM 150.00 for 411 g in Malaysia
In Detail Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle Review and My Experience
The Bath and Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 wick candle comes in a beautiful transparent glass jar packaging with a nice green label with fun illustrations of Christmas trees and stars. BBW knows how to perfect their christmas candle labels for sure. The candle wax is light mint green in colour and I think overall, the packaging itself is very charming. Remember, you can always find all the detail about the candle in the bottom label including a list of ingredients, price, country of manufacture, dates etc.
So as soon as I opened the lid for the first time, I kind of fell in love. There was this slight minty freshness from eucalyptus that took the stage initially, but gradually it was all about fresh woodsy Balsam. The only downside with my candle was, one of the wick was broken. So I had to work my way around it a few initial times when I burned it. But let’s ignore that for a second and I will tell you why.
What does Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam Candle smell like?
Ladies and Gentlemen, this smells like your home Christmas dreams. Its not sweet balsam, its THE fresh balsam. woodsy and exotic in its natural element. If you’ve ever had a real Balsam Christmas tree at your house or you’ve had experience of smelling an actual balsam tree, this is what this candle smells like. The eucalyptus lingers in the background and you will hardly notice it may be because the balsam smell is so very appealing. The cedarwood is there, I mean you know its there but the focus is balsam.
The throw of this candle is really nice too. After lighting it, it takes almost just 8 to 12 minutes to fill my room with the amazing aroma. I feel like this candle burns somewhat slower that most BBW candle which for me is a good thing. In about 20 minutes, my entire floor had this lovely smell. So what I am saying is, not only does this smell amazing, it works and performs amazing too just like you would expect from an expensive Christmas candle. Another detail about the smell is, its loved by everyone and even my little girl likes this smell.
I burned it last fall season and this time its on my purchase list. Bath and Body Works keeps launching it around Christmas and this time I definitely stocking up. In fact, it is still available with some retailers in the USA I think. What I am trying to say this, guys this one amazing candle and if you’re into fall woodsy balsam smell, you must definitely give this a try.
Candle Quality Check – Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam Candle
Throw Performance – 10/10
Burn Performance – 8/10
Packaging – 9/10
Wax Colour – Light mint/sage green
Fragrance Appeal – 10+/10
PROs of Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle
- Smells phenomenal.
- Packaging is lovely to look at in a cozy room.
- Burns nicely.
- Smell lingers around for a while after putting off the candle.
CONs of Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam 3 Wick Candle
- Expensive outside USA and it comes only around holidays (How I wish they made it a year long scent for candles).
- Always let the candle burn for a few minutes before expecting it to dissipate the proper fragrance.
- Use a wick trimmer to trim the wicks before use in order to avoid burnt wick particles spluttering in the jar and spoiling the aesthetic appeal of the candle.
- Stock this one up, its lovely as a gifting option too.
4.9/5 (I wish I could give it 5 but mine came with a broken wick and its very expensive here.)