Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit Review, Swatches: We all love saving a few extra dollars in our makeup and that’s why we opt for bundles or combo packs. With the very same intention I went to Sephora and purchased the Benefit Cosmetics SUGARlicious lip and cheek kit. This little kit comes with 4 mini products that can give you super sugary feelings.
Now, let’s get straight into the review
About Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
Enhance your everyday makeup look with this kit. The rose-tinted stain (Benetint) creates luscious lips and complements morning to night outfits. Pair that with a silky lip gloss (Ultra Plush Sugarbomb) for a shimmery finish. Create a natural afterglow with the liquid highlighter (High Beam). Your look isn’t completed without a sweet flush, which can be achieved with a four-shimmer palette (Sugarbomb).
This kit includes:
- High Beam
- Ultra Plush Sugarbomb
- Mini powder brush
- Smudge-proof and buildable lip stain formula
- Pink shimmery highlighter, blush and lip gloss
- Promotes a natural, sheer appearance
How to use Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
- Brush three strokes on the apple of each cheek and blend quickly with fingertips.
- Dab the stain on starting the centre of your lips and use your fingertips to blend from one corner to the other.
- Use the brush to lightly pick up the blush powder, tapping away any excess.
- Gently sweep back and forth across the apple of your cheeks to achieve a natural-looking flush.
- Blend out any edges or streaks for a flawless-looking finish.
- Apply the highlighter on your cheek and chin and blend.
- Repeat the process under the eyes, above the brows and on the brow bone to brighten your look.
Ultra Plush Sugarbomb Lip Gloss
- Simply glide the gloss starting from the centre of your upper lip from one corner to the other.
- Repeat the process on the lower lip.
Ingredients in Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
Price of Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
$ 49.99 in USA
£ 26.50 in UK, Scotland
S$ 49.00 in Singapore
RM 145.00 in Malaysia
AED 302 in UAE, Saudi
₹ 2630.00 in India
In Detail Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit Review, Swatches and My Experience
The kit comes in a cardboard casing enclosed in a cardboard carton. The sleeve is in a rose gold shade with a metallic finish. The brand name and kit name are printed on the front side of the carton. The back side of carton has the pictures of the products that are present in the kit. On the side, you will find the ingredient list, weight and expiry details.
Inside the carton you will find the actual kit a cardboard casing. The front of the kit has the Brand and kit name. the back side has a mini description on the purpose of the kit and the uses of each product
On opening this kit, you will find a cheek tint, a liquid highlighter, a lip gloss, a blush and a brush. There is a little panel on the cover with tips and tricks to use the product behind which, there is a mirror. The overall packaging of the kit is very cute and attractive.
This kit was my first benefit purchase and I must say this is a really good way to test out products before splurging all your money on something that may or may not work for you.
Benefit Benetint Cheek & Lip Stain Review
The benetint gives a natural rosy color to the checks and lips. While using the benetint you have to act fast. The product dries down quick and can look patchy in case you didn’t blend it soon. I personally apply the tint directly to my cheek with the applicator and blend it with my finger but most of the product ends up on my finger rather than my cheek.
Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter Review
The highbeam gives the skin a subtle pinkish silver glow. The problem I had with this highlighter that it was a bit difficult to blend and leaves a slight cast when applied with the applicator that comes with it.
Benefit Sugarbomb Blush Review
The products I disliked in the kit was the sugarbomb blush and the brush. I personally dislike shimmery blushes. I find the color too dull and I fail to understand how this blush is supposed to achieve a natural look with so much shimmer packed in it. All the more, the powder has a very smooth texture and blends well its but just not meant for me. Beauties with medium to deep skin tones can actually get away with using it as a highlight.
Swatching this blush was a real sweat breaker. I literally had to dig into the pan to get the pigment on my finger and then on my arm. There is almost ‘next to nothing’ pigmentation and whatever you successfully manage to get on your brush or finger blends out to nothing but a gold sheen.
Surprisingly though, this blush gives some pigmentation when its layered above the benetint. Well, actually, it just looks like some gold was mixed to the red and ta da! You have a rose gold shade.
Benefit Sugarbomb Lip Gloss Review
The sugarbomb lip gloss is a nude lip gloss. This gloss glides on very smoothly on to the lips. The gloss has ultra-micro shimmer in it but does not feel gritty. It is neither sticky nor tacky but feels a tiny bit heavy on the lips. The gloss is very hydrating and wears for about 2 hrs. The brush is very so-so.
I got this kit in Sephora, India for 2630 INR. The Benetint and High Beam hold 4 ml of product, the sugarbomb blusher is 3g and the lip gloss is 6.5ml. Pretty reasonable if you ask me.
More Photos, Swatches
Pros of Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
- Cute packaging
- Good collection of products
- Although mini versions, they are sized generously
- Lip gloss- very hydrating and glossy
- Benetint – adds adorable natural flush of color to the cheek
- High beam – gives a soft natural glow
- Travel friendly (A plus if the products work well for you 🙂 )
Cons of Benefit Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek Kit
- Sugarbomb blush – not pigmented enough (not meant for the beauties who don’t like gold shimmer as a blush)
- Benetint – takes too much of products for a decent pigmentation
- High beam – requires too many tricks for proper blending (not impossible just a bit hard)
- Very poor-quality brush
- The benetint is very dilute and quick drying, so act fast. Do not use a sponge as the product is very dilute and will get absorbed. Using a brush leaves streaks. Best applied with fingers
- For the high beam, take some product on your hand and dot it on your face and blend with your finger or apply the product directly on o your face with a sponge. However you decide to use the product, you will have to do the final blending with your finger
- The blush can be made to proper use only if layered on the tint.
Will I purchase the full size of the products?
No, sadly I wont.