Hi my lovelies, I am a huge TBS junkie and love using their skin care products. The Body shop scrubs are totally amazing according to me and you always have a huge variety in store to select from. I got this limited edition TBS Blue berry range months back when I was in Delhi. Recently I have been almost finishing up these products in the shower so I thought I would do a quick The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee Review.
Claims for The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee
This gently exfoliating body scrub has an uplifting blueberry scent. Each pot contains Community Fair Trade honey from Ethiopia, made from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers.
- Lifts away dead skin cells
- Helps stimulate skin surface microcirculation
- Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
- Uplifting blueberry scent
₹ 1195.00 for 200 mL in India.
$ 20.00 for 200 mL in the USA.
£ 15.00 for 200 mL in the UK.
In Detail The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee Review and My Experience
The body shop blueberry body scrub gel comes in a regular plastic tub packaging with a wide screw open lid on top. Very basic packaging at the same time informative since the peel off labels are stuck on the bottom of the product. I love transparent jars rather than those opaque ones.
Well now coming to the best part about this scrub. Guys, this scrub gel smells absolutely heavenly. It smells like actual natural blueberries which are fresh and plump. Its a wonderful break from the usual vanilla or fruit pulp artificial fragrances. Whenever I open it, I take a moment to appreciate how incredible this smells. If you are someone who does not like fruity smelling products, you might change your mind after sniffing this. It is super amazing.
The product has a very smooth aubergine coloured gel base in which there are these scrub particles dispersed. There are 2 sizes of scrub particles in it. First kind is the big chunky ones which are the crushed raspberry seeds. Second type of particles are the more abundant ones, these are small shredded or powdered walnut shell particles.
Although one might think that the scrub can be harsh on the skin due to the chunky crushed raspberry seeds, it is not so. The scrub actually works pretty well in deeply exfoliating the dead skin cells and making the skin feel super soft and smooth. It actually leaves my skin feeling very moisturised and plump. I was surprised at first but then later on when I looked at the ingredient, I noticed it has honey and castor oil in it as well.
However, I would suggest usage of this scrub on the body and never on the delicate skin areas like face since the granules can be a little damaging if rubbed hard. Because this is gel based, it is super easy to spread and use on the skin. I have been using this as a weekly body scrub and I always love the way it makes my shower smell.
More Photos and Swatches
PROs of The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee
1. Smells incredibly fresh and fruity.
2. Has moisturising ingredients like honey and castor oil.
3. Natural scrubbing granules of crushed raspberry seeds and apricot shell.
4. Cleanses and exfoliates the skin very well.
5. Leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.
6. One of the best scrubs I have used from TBS.
7. Not tested on furry little animals!
CONs of The Body Shop Blueberry Body Scrub Gelee
1. Tub packaging is considered unhygienic by some. But I have this spoon like spatula in my shower for products like this. 😀
2. Limited edition, I have heard they are re launching it for christmas this year.
1. Use this scrub on the body only, not on delicate skin areas like facial skin etc.
2. Use it weekly since its a deep exfoliating scrub.
3. Get a light weight spoon or spatula like tool and keep it in your shower for products like this. Wash it every time after shower and keep it. It comes in really handy for such products.
Wow this looks so nice almost feel like eating it by your description!! I am so going to buy this when they come out with it during Christmas ?
I loved using this, hope they bring this back 😀
Astha I am already in love with this scrub.It looks so nice and I can very well understand what kind of heavenly smelling this product must be.I think I am gonna pick this up.Loved your detailed review,as always.