Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion Review: Hey guys, so I talked about the Cetaphil Body wash for babies in my last post. Today, I am going to discuss the baby lotion by Cetaphil. I Use them together so I though why not review them back to back.
I got the big jumbo size bottle because I have 2 kids and I use all the same products for both of them. This is also available in smaller sizes in case you’d want to try out first. Let me take you through all the details about this lotion and finally I will share my experience with it while I used it for my babies.
About Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
- Enriched with natural ingredients: Shea Butter
- Accelerates recovery and restores the skin barrier function
- Safe to use even on newborn skin from Day1
- Allergy tested & dermatologically tested
- Trusted by Mothers & recommended by Doctors across the world
How to Use Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
- Pour Baby lotion into your hand.
- Rub both hands together to warm lotion.
- Gently apply to baby’s face and body.
- If it gets into your baby’s eyes, rinse with water.
- For external use only
Ingredients in Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
Aqua, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, (Shea Butter) Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Parfum, Dimethicone, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Heliotropin, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Citric Acid
Price of Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
₹685.00 for 400 mL
In Detail Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion Review, Swatches and My Experience
The cetaphil baby lotion comes in a sturdy plastic bottle. I have the 400 mL bottle which comes with a pump. The smaller size bottle has a flip open cap. Pump is so very hygienic but please keep it away from toddlers. The packaging is nice and functional.
It has a really nice moderate consistency. The texture is smooth and creamy. It is white in colour. The lotion does not feel sticky or oily. It has a nice soothing fragrance which is fresh. The smell is kind of mild, so babies won’t even notice it probably.
How I Use it for my kids
I have been using the Cetaphil baby wash for their bath routine. After bathing, I pat their skin dry and apply this lotion directly. Massaging a little if they let me (my toddler doesn’t stay still for more than half a second). Once applied and lightly massaged in, the lotion sinks into the skin properly and doesn’t leave any sticky residue behind.
I really like this lotion because it moisturises the skin nicely. I used it in winters and it prevented their skin from becoming dry. The cetaphil lotion is able to keep the skin moisturised without feeling heavy or sticky. I use this same lotion on their facial skin as well because it is really gentle on the skin and hydrates adequately. It is amazing how such a light weight lotion is able to provide such good moisturisation.
My daughter has slightly sensitive skin. This never caused any redness or allergies. She gets redness when I use J&J products on her. But I am really glad that Cetaphil products suit her well. The lotion soothes her skin and I love that does not irritate her in any way.
I tried like 6 different baby lotions from different brands before which are commonly available. However this one is the best I have tried so far. I used it during winter as well as in summers (lightly) and it has given me good results. Nothing out of the box or unique, but plain and simple. It keeps the skin of my babies moisturised and soft without causing any reactions or sensitivities.
Also, it is free of parabens and mineral oils. So if you’re looking for a good baby lotion for your munchkin, do give this a try. It proved good for my kids, I hope you find it satisfactory as well. 🙂
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
- Simple, functional packaging. Size options available.
- No harsh chemicals in it.
- Gentle on the skin, moisturises it well without being sticky or oily.
- Good for body as well as facial skin.
- Does not irritate the skin even when applied on mild abrasions which kids tend to get sometimes while playing outdoors.
- Good for use all year round.
CONs of Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
- Slightly pricey when compared with other easily available brands.
- Always use a gentle yet effective moisturiser like this for your baby.
- I have used this from Day 1 for my younger baby, and it was really nice and tender for his delicate skin. Even now when he is 11 months old and his sister is 2 years old, this is the best moisturiser we have tried so far. In fact I have repurchased this two times already. So if you have a baby with delicate and/or sensitive skin, totally give this a try as this is also very commonly suggested by Dermatologists for babies.