Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara Review, Swatches, Demo: Hello my lovely ladies, hope you are doing good. Beautiful eyes add to the beauty of our face and lovely long lashes add beauty to the eyes. Today, the product that I am reviewing is none other than Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara. It’s a 2 in 1 mascara with benefits of volume and length packed in a single tube. So lets wait no more and know more about it.
About Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
Open up your eyes and give your eye makeup that perfect polished finishing touch, with this wonder from the house of Colorbar. Available in Black, this duo-step Mascara makes the eyelashes look naturally thick and long with its lash lengthening and lash volumizer.
- It prevents lashes from falling or breaking and is water resistant.
- The Mascara does not flake or clump and is suitable for sensitive eyes and those who wear contact lenses.
How to Use Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
- Apply to clean dry lashes.
- Start with step 1 – Lash Lengthening for both upper and lower lashes. For the upper lashes, brush the mascara from the base of the lashes to the tips in an upward and outward direction.
- Repeat the same for the lower lashes in a downward and outward direction.
- For step 2 – Lash Volumising start with the upper lashes. Brush from the base of the lashes to the tips in a zigzag upward motion.
- Repeat for the lower lashes in a zigzag downward motion.
- For more dramatic lashes apply a second coat of the volume mascara to the tips of the lashes.
Ingredients in Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
Price of Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
₹ 450.00 for 8 mL
In Detail Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara Review, Swatches, Demo and My Experience
This mascara comes in a silver and black color tube with 2 ends. Each end contains 4 mL of products. One end contains Volumising Mascara and the other side has mascara with lash Lengthening properties. The tube is sturdy and travel friendly.
I have been using this mascara for a couple of months now and overall I am liking it. I find the formulas for Volumising and Lengthening in one product an interesting idea. The shelf life of this mascara is not too long, just 3 months to be precise. So, getting dual benefits in such an affordable price seemed like a nice idea to me.
I have tried the product individually as well as combined the effects of both. Frankly speaking there was no major difference. The wands are almost similar and the effect of both the sides is also almost the same. The wands are handy and bristles are thin and fine so they are easy to use. The mascara has thick consistency and is on the drier side which leads to flaking if applied too much. It does not take long to dry and comes off easily with an eye makeup remover.
Coming to its effect, it adds plenty of drama and color to the eyes. With 2-3 coats, you get nice lengthening effect on the lashes. If you are a fan of deep jet black like me, you wont be disappointed with color. It stays for good 4-5 hours and does not weigh down on your eyes. No irritaion or problems observed as such, after application.
Overall Colorbar Lash Illusion Mascara is a fairly priced mascara that makes your lashes look dramatic and pretty. It definitely gives you long lashes and opens up your eyes. You can go ahead and purchase it for it does a good job as a mascara but do not expect anything major from different wands.
More Photos, Swatches, Demo
To see the effect yourself you can see in the demo pictures below.
Pros of Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
- Fits into the budget
- Nice Jet black colour
- Doesn’t dry and flake
- Dries quickly
- Lasts long enough (4-5 hrs)
- Can be removed easily
Cons of Colorbar Lash Illusion Duo Mascara
- A little on the drier side
- Can cause clumping if applied too much
- No apparent difference between volumizing and lengething
- No ingredient list mentioned
- Do not pump your mascara too many times as the air might dry out the product.
- Screw the lid tightly after use to prevent drying.
- Always remove makeup to keep your skin and eyes healthy. Be gentle while doing so or you might cause more harm than good.
- Use baby oil or a good makeup remover for easy removal of eye makeup.
Clumping in mascaras is such a buzz kill. This mascara kind of has a natural feel to it.
Yeah, it doesn’t clump unless you apply too many coats.