Hello ladies, how have you been?
Oiling is the best thing to do to for the health of hair. I used to hate oiling my hair as a kid but now I do understand its importance and the amazing benefits it has. There are various kinds of oils available in the market. Coconut oil is one of the most chosen hair oil among Indian ladies. Coconut oil is said to have great effects on hair such as increased growth rate, preventing immature grey hair, hair conditioning etc. Today I am going to talk about this new coconut hair oil by Dabur Vatika which has been infused with hibiscus or popularly known as China rose.
They have this section on their website where they talk about the individual advantages of Coconut oil and Hibiscus.
- Always wanted beautiful long tresses? Coconut Oil not just penetrates hair, but also protects it. Coconut Oil is absorbed by the hair and making hair appear thicker thereby protecting it from damage.
- Have you always faced major hair fall? The oil protects hence strengthening hair – meaning less breakage and less hair falling!
- Want shiny hair? Vitamins E available in coconut oil is a known antioxidant. Massaging the scalp makes it easier for hair follicle to absorb Nutrients, stimulating blood circulation, also moisturizes the scalp.
- The crushed dried flowers are used as a hair dye as each hibiscus flower yields a natural dark purplish dye, which may also be used to colour grey hair.
- Who doesn’t want thick and rich hair? Hibiscus is known for improving hair health. Application of leaves and hibiscus flowers oil believed to be beneficial to the scalp.
- There is nothing more relaxing than a good oil massage. Hair oil with Hibiscus is also found to be a good conditioner and moisturizer for hair.
Coconut oil: helps to nourishes scalp and thereby promotes hair growth.
Lemon: works as a conditioner and fights dandruff
Alma: strengthens the hair, helps thicken the hair, maintains the a healthy hair
Hibiscus: nourishes the hair, sealing it with a natural shine, softens, conditions and moisturizes the hair, soothes the scalp
Rs 65/- for 150 ml bottle
In Detail Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil with Hibiscus Review and My Experience
Coconut oil is one of the oils which I frequently use to oil my hair. I usually oil my hair once or twice a week in summers, and more frequently during winters. The Dabur Vatika Coconut enriched oil with hibiscus comes in a green coloured opaque plastic bottle with a screw cap. The cap is kind of large so less chances of loosing it, like we lose the tops of so many other products 😀 . It is composed of all natural ingredients according to the ingredients list.
The oil is not completely non sticky. It is less sticky than the usual coconut oils though. Smells of coconuts and tropical flowers.
How I Use it
My hair length is 3 inches below my belly button, my hair type is dry to normal. I usually need approximately 10-20 ml of hair oil everytime depending on how much time I have in hand to massage my scalp. You don’t need to go by my measurements, once you start using it, you will have an idea of your own as different hair types absorb hair oils at different rates. I use it
1. At bed time as an overnight oil treatment and wash my hair the next day morning.
2. I warm it a little in the microwave and use it as a hot oil treatment.
3. As a prewash conditioner when I don’t have much time.
4. To mix with hair masques and deep conditioners.
5. To make various combinations of DIY hair conditioners.
The vatika hair oil moisturises and conditions my hair very well. It is easy to wash of with shampoo and post shampooing leaves my hair very soft and manageable. It helps tame down frizz and detangles hair. The texture of my hair feels more healthy and hair looks shiny. Because of the goodness of Amla and Lemon, it keeps dandruff and scalp itchiness at bay.
Overall I think, its a great idea to mix hibiscus (china rose) with coconut oil and I feel its a decent hair oil with great hair benefits. Although I loved how it made my hair post wash for a couple of days, I did not notice any long term advantages; may be since I do not really have any particular hair concern. I would still say regular oiling is always a good hair habit.
PROs of Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil with Hibiscus
1. Travel friendly packaging
2. Coconut mixed with hibiscus. Both are great for hair health.
3. Can be used in multiple ways.
4. Makes hair soft, shiny and manageable.
5. Keeps away dandruff and other dry hair concerns.
6. Made of all natural ingredients.
CONs of Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Oil with Hibiscus
There is no con really, I mean what con can I basically attribute to a decent coconut hair oil. But I would mention here that although I have used it for more than a month, I did not really notice any long term benefits with this hair oil.
1. If you do not like oiling your hair, try oiling just half an hour before washing your hair. You will notice your hair looks and feels much healthy post wash.
2. Always oil your hair at least 1 to 2 times a week.
3. While oiling, always massage the scalp gently.
4. Never rub your hair between palms while oiling. Bring down your palms along the hair shaft gently.
5. If you are doing an overnight oil treatment, put a towel or some other cloth over the pillow to save the pillow cover from getting oil stains.
Do I recommend this?
It is a decent hair oil, and I guess it would be lovely to try out.