Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner Review: Hey guys, I have been trying some new hair care these past few months. Dove is known for multiple ranges of shampoos and conditioners. Although dove shampoos are usually not my thing, sometimes I do try them. I really liked the Dove Oxygen moisture shampoo and Oxygen moisture conditioner. Otherwise, I can’t remember if I have given a thumbs up to any other dove hair care product.
Anyways, so I have been using this duo recently. Let me tell you about my hair a little bit. My hair are all natural, not chemically treated. But in general, i’ll put my current state of hair into dry to normal category. So let us read on and know about my experience with this new Dove range – The Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo & Conditioner.
About Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
- Anti-pollution shampoo designed to repair and shield hair from damage
- Anti-pollution conditioner formulated to purify, nourish and protect hair from damage
- Gently detoxifies and purifies hair, removing build-up caused by pollution
- Replenishes nutrients, nourishing and protecting strands from everyday hair damage
- Infused with essence of lotus, the formula smoothes and purifies hair
- 2-way care gives both instant and long-term results
- Helps even dry hair to look and feel progressively healthier
How to Use Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo : Wet your hair before gently massaging Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo into your scalp and through each strand.
Rinse thoroughly. For best results, use with Dove Environmental Defence Conditioner.
Conditioner: After shampooing, apply Dove Environmental Defence Conditioner through the mid-lengths of your hair right to the ends.
Comb through with your fingers and rinse with warm water. For best results, use with Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo.
Ingredients in Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
Price of Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo – ₹ 145.00 for 180 mL, ₹ 270.00 for 340 mL, ₹ 480.00 for 650 mL
The 650 mL variant comes with a pump dispenser.
Conditioner – ₹ 91.00 for 80 mL, ₹ 194.00 for 180 mL
As you can see, the conditioner is slightly pricier and the size options for the conditioner are limited as compared to the shampoo.
In Detail Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner Review, Swatches and My Experience
The shampoo and conditioner come in a white and light green themed packaging. Its pretty standard Dove packaging if you look at it. The shampoo and conditioner come in different sizes, so you may chose the one according to your need. I would suggest picking the smaller size first and try it before getting the big size ones. Like always, I have a complain regarding the size of the conditioner. They have a jumbo size shampoo available however there is no such jumbo size conditioner. Why? I go through conditioners way faster than shampoos, so I really wish they come up with jumbo size conditioners as well.
Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo Review
The shampoo has a moderate to runny consistency. It appears transparent with a tinge of green to it. I love how fresh it smells. The smell is very refreshing specially love it during mornings.
I usually oil my hair overnight before shampoo-ing. In fact, I have tried this shampoo with and without oil in my hair. With oil, I do require a little bit more amount of product, but it is able to cleanse my hair well. It removes the oil and dirt from my hair in just one wash. Without oil, I need a lesser amount of product. It cleans my scalp and hair quite well without causing any extra dryness.
Usually dove shampoos have SLS and hence, are quite drying for my hair and that is why I avoid using them. This one although has SLS, it is not as drying for my hair. In fact, I really like how it works with its matching conditioner. The main job of a shampoo is to nicely cleanse the hair and scalp without over-drying, and Dove environmental defence shampoo does it well. So I have no complains.
However please note, if you use this shampoo and do not use a conditioner afterwards, your might feel dry. This shampoo is meant to be used with a conditioner. I tried using it without the conditioner once, and my hair ends seemed rough. So I always recommend using a conditioner after shampoo if you have dry or normal to dry hair like I do.
Dove Environmental Defence Conditioner Review
Dove conditioners tend to be saviours. They are really moisturising. Speaking of the environmental defence conditioner, it has a medium-creamy consistency. It smells quite similar to the shampoo, equally nice actually.
After shampoo, I apply the shampoo on my hair and leave it for like roughly 5 minutes. I never apply any conditioner on my scalp. Always apply conditioner on the lengths of my hair and concentrate towards the hair ends. After about 5 minutes, I wash it off with normal temperature water. I do not use warm or very cold water for my hair. I think normal water is always better.
The conditioner is quite nice. It detangles my hair quite well. It is able to provide enough moisture that my hair do not appear dry. Love how soft it makes my hair feel. There is no added shine or extra bounce, but I love how it does just what I need. Provides moisturising benefits and softens the hair. Oh, and also prevents roughness so that hair to not tangle.
After using this conditioner, I still need my leave in conditioner because it does not take care of the fly aways and slight frizziness which I always tend to get without a leave in product. However, if your hair type is normal, you may be able to skip your leave in product after using this conditioner.
So I honestly have been happy with this duo. Unlike most other dove shampoos and conditioners, this has proven to be gentle and nice to my hair. The shampoo cleanses really well without causing extra dryness. The conditioner does its job at replenishing the moisture content without weighing down my hair. The shampoo removes oil from my hair quite nicely and does not leave any product build up which I appreciate.
Therefore I would recommend this shampoo to everyone who has normal or normal to dry hair type. Ladies with super dry hair, may need to use a more rich conditioner afterwards. Me personally I’m quite satisfied with the dove environmental defence shampoo and conditioner and won’t hesitate if I feel like repurchasing it. It may not do anything out of the box great, but it does the average job of cleansing the hair well and the conditioner works fine.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
- The packaging is quite nice. The dispenser of the conditioner is placed at the bottom which is amazing. You save 70% energy while squeezing out the product.
- Smells refreshing.
- Shampoo cleanses the scalp and hair well without causing extra dryness or roughness.
- Conditioner restores moisture in the hair and prevents roughness.
- Hair appear naturally nice.
- Different size options available so you may chose the one you need.
CONs of Dove Environmental Defence Shampoo and Conditioner
- Dove product contain SLS and Silicones, so if you have super dry hair or your skin is sensitive to silicones, you might want to stay away from this.
- Always condition your hair after shampoo because most shampoos contain harsh chemicals which might strip off the moisture from hair ultimately making it rough. Hence, a conditioner makes sure that some amount of moisture remains and the hair does not become too dry.
- If you have dry hair, never rub your hair while drying with a towel. Always use a patting motion. If possible, let your hair air dry.
- You can use a wide tooth comb while your hair has dried a little bit. Do not comb or brush your hair when it is too wet. I never recommend combing your hair while you are in shower. You can detangle them using your fingers but don’t comb them. Wet hair are fragile and combing wet hair will lead to further hair fall and broken hair.
- Use a good leave in serum/conditioner if you have frizziness.