Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream Review: Hey guys, we have all heard about vitamin C and its immense benefits for skin. I try to include a vitamin C product in my morning as well as night time skin care routine. These days I have been using this Dr. Dennis Gross Vitamin C + collagen deep cream.
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare is a brand dedicated exclusively to skin care. The brand is named after its founder who is a celebrity status dermatologists with a star studded client list some of which are Selena Gomez, Jourdan Dunn, Olivia Palermo, Zoë Kravitz, Chrissy Teigen, Kim Kardashian and my all time favourite angel Lily Aldridge (such beauty she is! ). Anyways, so coming back on earth, let us talk about this particular product from one of the best selling brands at sephora.
About Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
C+ Collagen Deep Cream features 3-O vitamin C technology that quickly absorbs into skin to correct the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles while helping prevent the formation of future damage. An advanced form of vitamin C is combined with a proprietary energy complex to recharge skin’s battery while targeting damaged skin for accelerated improvement of a dry, tired, uneven complexion.
An intense concentration of nourishing oils extracted from camellia japonica seed, sunflower seed, and rice bran provides rich moisture to replenish skin’s barrier and reduce trans-epidermal water loss. When nature’s most powerful vitamins and nutrients are boosted with modern science, the result is deeply nourished, supple skin with a dewy glow.
How to Use Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
Smooth over clean, dry face, neck, and décolleté. For AM/PM use. For best results, layer over a serum of your choice.
Ingredients in Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Dimethicone, Sucrose, Pentylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Collagen Amino Acids, Niacinamide, Carnitine HCl, Hydroxyproline, Glycine, Carnitine, Squalane, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Saccharide Isomerate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Superoxide Dismutase,
Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Ubiquinone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Glycolic Acid, Lecithin, Biotin, Maltodextrin, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Extract,
Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Cupressus Sempervirens Leaf/Stem Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Rose Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Triethyl Citrate, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sorbitan Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Ammonium Hydroxide, Tromethamine, Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 60, Carbomer, Alcohol, Disodium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate
Price of Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
$72.00 for 1.7 oz in USA
£77.00 for 50 mL in UK
In Detail Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream Review, Swatches and My Experience
Dr. Dennis Gross C plus collagen deep cream comes in an orange colour screw open plastic tub. It has all the basic details written on it. I have it in a small 15 mL size. The full size has a packaging of 50 mL.
The cream inside has a nice citrusy yet creamy smell to it. It is not very strong and hardly noticeable once you have applied the product on to the skin. It has a nice creamy consistency and a smooth texture.
How I Use it
After washing my face and toning, I take a pea sized amount on my fingertip and then massage it lightly on my entire face and neck in an upward motion. It does not feel oily or greasy at all.
I mostly use it after coming back from work, in the evening because it does not contain any SPF. If I use it in the morning (only on days when I am not heading out), I make sure to use SPF on top.
So when you take a little bit on the fingertips, you might feel that it could make you oily. However, once massaged in properly, this makes the skin feel velvety soft, like literally. The skin feels moisturised and looks healthy and hydrated. Without looking shiny or oily.
Over a period of time this has helped brightening up my skin a little, but sadly the effects were not too extraordinary. What I really love about this cream is the fact that this can be used by all skin types and every skin type would love it. This has removed all the dry patches on my combination skin. At the same time, it doesn’t let the oily areas on my face produce extra oils. As a result the complexion looks more even and clean.
I think the Dr. Dennis Gross Vitamin C+ collagen deep cream is a great pick if you’re looking for a vitamin C cream for daily use purposes. It is very hydrating without making you look oily. In fact, it makes the skin look really nice and healthy as well as very soft to touch.
A couple of times I applied light makeup directly on top of this cream and my makeup looked good because it hydrates the skin so well. Because it helps with dry patches, it really makes your complexion look even and Vitamin C helps brighten up the skin. I wish it also had some amount of SPF in it, because I am almost always running in the morning to be on time and a “one product does it all” is my dream like almost all the other ladies out there. 🙂
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
- The packaging is functional.
- It smells nice, consistency is easy to work with.
- Contains a lot of natural extracts.
- Hydrates the skin without making it look shiny or greasy.
- Makes the skin velvety soft to touch.
- Heals dry patches and helps make the complexion look more even.
- Brightens up the skin a little bit.
- Did not irritate my skin.
- Cruelty free.
CONs of Dr. Dennis Gross C + Collagen Deep Cream
- Besides the natural extracts, it does contain a lot of chemical ingredients.
- I would have preferred an airless packaging for a product this expensive.
- It has some ingredients which can be irritating for sensitive skin types, so please do a patch test before using it.
- Contains alcohol as an ingredient.
MBF Advises + Some additional Information
- A lot of us get excited as soon as we see “collagen” in skin care products. I want to mention here that collagen cannot be absorbed by the skin, it is produced inside the skin. Collagen production can be enhanced in the skin with the help of some lasers etc. So you may apply a 100% pure collagen on the skin, please remember your skin cannot absorb it.
- However all the topical collagen products aren’t a complete bummer because collagen is a good moisturising agent for the skin. Therefore, it will help skin look hydrated and you skin will show all the good effects that you get from a nice hydrating product.
- Don’t go out in the sun when you use this product. Because it does not have any SPF in it. Secondly because it has bergamot, so it may cause some damage to the skin; a term referred to as “phytotoxicity”. Bergamot has a component called bergapten or Fuocoumarin (FCF) which is responsible for this phototoxicity. Really low percentage of it may not cause any harm though. But still, I would suggest not going out in the sun if you have applied this cream.