Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser Shampoo Review: Hey guys, so let’s talk about a shampoo today. This hair cleanser or shampoo is from a well known Indian luxury brand called Forest Essentials. I really like their products because they are all Ayurvedic and natural. I am quite obsessed with roses and therefore whenever I see something “rose”, I immediately want it.
In fact, I did use this product in the past as well. Recently, almost 3 months back, a friend gifted it to me and I was super happy. Let’s get into the article and find out more details and in depth review of this product.
About Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
Forest Essentials hair cleansers are specifically designed to cleanse your hair without any harmful after effects. Bhringraj, reetha and henna are well known in Ayurveda for hair. Actives from herbs like henna and thyme along with Lecithin provide natural cleansing with moisture and smoothness to make your hair clean with shine and manageability. Natural extracts of reetha gently cleanses the dirt and excess oil from hair.
They are SELEs free, there are no chemicals, synthetic color or fragrance added. This clear shampoo contains reetha, soya protein, coconut oil, herbal infusions and rose essential oil. Gives natural shine, swing and fragrance.
How to use Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
- Take a small amount and massage into wet hair.
- Rinse well.
- Use once again if required.
- Follow with conditioner.
Ingredients in Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
- Reetha– Reetha contains Saponin, which is used in preparation of natural hair cleansers. It mildly lathers and gives a silky touch to the hair and removes excess oil. Promotes hair growth.
- Henna– Provides conditioning, natural shine as well as strength to the roots of hair
- Shikakai– Shikakai fruit is popularly referred as “fruit for the hair” as it has a naturally mild pH that gently cleans the hair without stripping it of natural oils and encourages strong hair roots
- Rose Essential Oil– Desi Gulab is also known as ‘Taruni ’ in Ayurveda which means, ‘unimaginably beautiful’. Steam Distilled Desi Gulab Essence or Pure Rosewater is a natural astringent.
Price of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
₹ 750.00 for 200 mL of product.
In Detail Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser Shampoo Review Swatches and My Experience
The forest essentials Indian rose absolute shampoo comes in a clear tall bottle. The golden screw top corresponds to classic Forest Essentials packaging. It has all the details written on the labels. As far as packaging is concerned, I am sure everyone would appreciate it. Its simple, elegant as well as easy to use. I may have liked it a tiny bit more if it had a pump dispenser.
Forest essentials rose hair cleanser is amber brown in colour. The shampoo contains rose essential oils. Therefore, it has the exact same rose fragrance. I personally love how it smells. The shampoo has a moderate consistency. It is neither very thick nor too thin. Hence, its easy to work with. Also, the cleanser does lather up pretty decently. Hence, its super easy to cleanse hair with it. However, if you have oil in your hair, it may not lather up that well.
How I Use it
I use almost one and a half a coin sized amount of this shampoo per usage. I apply it on wet hair and also pour a little amount of additional water to help it lather better. Its not really a luxuriously foaming shampoo. But the lather it creates is enough to cleanse normal hair properly. After very gently working on my roots, I work it through the lengths of my hair. Then I wash it off with normal temperature water. I do not use hot or cold water for my hair ever.
I find that it effectively cleanses my hair in the first wash if my hair is un-oiled. However, when I do have oil in my hair, I have to wash my hair twice with this shampoo to take all the oils out. It cleanses the hair nicely without drying them out even a bit. My hair feels soft and nourished. I also do notice an added natural shine to my hair. Also, I totally love how its soft rose fragrance lingers around my hair for the entire day. It never makes my hair feel rough or dried out. Hence, I am pretty much in love with this shampoo. Even if I skip a conditioner after using this, my hair never feels very rough.
When I look at the labels, I see that FE has not mentioned which hair type this shampoo is meant for. And according to my experience, every single hair type can use this. Of course, my beauties with oily scalp or hair type would need some extra amount of shampoo or effort to achieve the same results. This shampoo is sulphate as well as paraben free. Hence, I definitely recommend this for my ladies who have undergone different types of hair treatments like straightening or other styling. Because this is chemical free, it helps maintain the style for longer periods of time.
Overall, this shampoo gets a big thumbs up from MBF Blog. It is pretty amazing with all its natural ingredients. Although quite pricey, I feel its definitely worth the investment if you’re looking for a shampoo which is gentle on the hair. Forest essentials also has products available in mini or small sizes. Hence, definitely check those out first if you’re skeptical about spending this much money in a go for a new shampoo. Also, do not forget to share your experiences with me if you have used this shampoo. How did it work for you?
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
1. I like the packaging.
2. Smells amazingly because of pure rose essential oils.
3. Lathers up enough to cleanse the hair.
4. Is made without Sulphates or parabens.
5. Cleanses the hair nicely.
6. Never dries out my hair.
7. Softens as well as adds some natural shine to the hair.
8. Amazing for chemically treated, primed of styled hair.
9. Never gave me any hair fall.
CONs of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Hair Cleanser
1. Doesn’t cleanse oiled hair properly in one go, you have to repeat it twice.
2. For long hair like mine, this shampoo does get over quite soon because I need more amount as compared to other shampoos.
3. Slightly on the costly side. Also, forest essential has limited number of stores. (However its quite easily available online).
1. Try to dilute the shampoo a little bit to make it lather better.
2. Be very gentle while massaging the hair near the roots.
3. I suggest using normal temperature water always to wash the hair.
4. If you have dry hair, never forget to condition your hair even if a shampoo doesn’t seem to dry your hair out. You need to lock in all the moisture you can.