Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash Review: Hi everyone. Lets talk about one of my most used shower gels today. Its from Forest Essentials. I am always drawn towards rose scented products. No wonder I purchased this as soon as I smelled it. I have been using it for a month now. However, am I completely happy with it? Let me share my experience below.
About Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
- This Shower Wash contains carefully selected herbs, as per Ancient Ayurvedic texts.
- Indian Rose oil is known for its exquisite fragrance and stress-relieving properties that leaves the skin beautifully hydrated and soft.
- Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of Bala and Gokharu heal and repair the skin by preventing it from the effects of free radicals.
- Herbs like Genhu, Sonapatha and Bamboo gently cleanse the skin, and are known for their nourishing and cleansing properties.
How to Use Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
- Use a small amount on wet skin in the shower to cleanse the body.
- Can be used with a loofah to exfoliate surface dead cells.
- Rinse well.
Ingredients in Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
Organic Aloe Vera – Aloe vera has strong soothing and moisture retaining properties. Stimulates skin regeneration.
Gokhru – Revitalizes, dull dry skin. Firms and tones. It is a very well known mood uplifting herb.
Rose – Desi Gulab is also known as ?Taruni ? in Ayurveda which means ?unimaginably beautiful?. Steam Distilled Desi Gulab Essence or Pure Rosewater is a natural astringent. It tones, diminishes fine lines and rehydrates the skin.
Vitamin E – Protects skin from UV rays and pollution, anti-oxidant and natural preservative.
So clearly, they have not given a complete list of ingredients on the product. We looked up on their website, the complete list of ingredients is missing there as well.
Price of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
₹ 925.00 for 200 mL
₹ 275.00 for 50 mL
In Detail Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash Review and My Experience
The forest essentials shower gel comes in classic forest essentials packaging. Tall, transparent plastic bottle with a golden coloured screw top. I wish they had a pump dispenser specially on the 200 mL bottle. All the details about the product are present on the packaging, oh wait! The ingredients list is incomplete!! The product is also available in a smaller 50 mL size for travelling or in case you want to try out the smaller size first.
The consistency of the product is moderate, neither too runny nor too thick. It looks like a clear amber tinged gel. The best part is the way it smells. Absolutely heavenly! It smells like a bunch of fresh Indian roses freshly plucked from a rosarium. If you love roses (specially the Indian desi rose), you definitely will love the way this smells.
How I Use it
I usually use this in the mornings. I use it with a loofah. A small amount of product is enough to work through the entire body. It lathers quite well. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry and I do not have time for face wash, I wash my face with it while I am in the shower. After washing it off, the product does not leave any sort of residue behind which is pretty much expected from a luxury brand.
The forest essentials rose shower gel is able to cleanse the skin well. It does not leave the skin feeling too dry. However, I still suggest using your favourite moisturiser afterwards. The rose smell lasts on the skin for a short while sadly. I so so wish it lasted longer. As far as stress relieving properties are concerned, I think it is very personal. For me, because I love rose scents, I think this is able to make me feel good in the shower which is equivalent to stress relief. However, if you do not like the smell of roses, this might not have a similar effect on you.
Although I love the product itself, I have to say I am pretty disheartened when I look at the ingredients list. I don’t know why Indian brands do this. I mean at least I expect better from a brand like forest essentials who market themselves as a luxury brand. They only mention the natural ingredients in the product under “key ingredients”. They fail to mention the other ingredients. Not to mention, we will never know how much of what exactly is put in it.
I strongly think that Forest Essentials must take responsibility and start putting down the complete list of ingredients. Or else sorry to say, I might just add a few drops of rose essential oil in any average shower gel and I am pretty sure it would smell the same. When I am spending close to a thousand bucks, at least I deserve to know what I am going to put on my skin.
So apart from my disappointment with the ingredients list, I quite like the product. It works nicely and smells great. But is it worth spending 1k? I’ll let you decide.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
1. The bottle is quite sturdy, hence travel friendly.
2. Smells absolutely fantastic.
3. Does not dry out my skin.
4. Cleanses the skin well without leaving any sort of residue behind.
5. Not tested on animals.
CONs of Forest Essentials Indian Rose Absolute Silkening Shower Wash
1. I despise the fact that forest essentials does not mention all the ingredients in the product.
2. I would love a pump dispenser if I am paying so much for a shower gel.
3. Although it does not dry out the skin, I don’t think this hydrates the skin in any way.
4. It claims that it repairs the skin, well I don’t think I noticed anything getting “repaired” on my skin. It is a gentle, good smelling shower gel, not superman!
1. Always moisturise your skin.
2. Try some layering on with a rose fragrance for longer lasting smell of roses.
3. If you have sensitive skin, always test smaller sample sizes before purchasing full sizes of any new product. Specially when the product is missing a detailed ingredients list.
If it came with an ingredients list, I’d give it a 5. But sadly, although I like the way it works as well as smells, I will have to stretch and give it a 3.5