FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 Review: Hey guys, is it only me or anyone else gets dry chappy lips in summers? It is true that frequent sun exposure leads to dryness, but I don’t even go out in the sun that much. So I am a person who needs a lip balm throughout the year. My current favourite has to be this one by Fresh.
Fresh is an American brand which highlights all natural products. This is in fact my first purchase from them and so far, I am really impressed. Please keep on reading to know more about this lip balm and my experience with it.
About FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
A cult-favorite hydrating and smoothing lip balm that offers clear, sheer, or effortless color with long-lasting moisture and essential sun protection
The original, award-winning sugar lip treatments let you easily customize your look—swipe once for a hint of hue; more for buildable color. These best-sellers are infused with nourishing oils and moisture-preserving sugar to deliver nonstop hydration plus sunscreen with an addictive citrus scent.
- Proven to keep lips moisturized for 24 hours*
- 94% noticed it immediately improved the appearance of dry lips**
- 97% said it immediately soothed and softened their lips**
- 98% felt their lips were supple and healthy-looking**
*instrumental test on 11 subjects. **self-assessment on 64 subjects during 4 weeks
How to Use FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
Apply to lips throughout the day as needed.
Ingredients FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
Price of FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
$24.00 for 0.15 oz in USA
£19.50 for 4.3 g in UK
In Detail FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 Review, Swatches and My Experience
The fresh sugar lip balm has a rather unique packaging. Really pretty to look at. Comes in this lovely lavender hued matte metallic case with a screw close tip. I am so glad it has this screw mechanism. Because honestly this packaging is so super safe inside my purse.
However the actual product provided is quite less for the price. I actually have it in a deluxe size. But I am so going to get more of these in full sizes. I know I just said that it is pricy, but then it is so good. I think its totally worth it. Also, it smells like candy caramel which I am obsessed with! The smell is quite mild and doesn’t last too long.
How I Use it
I have been using this everyday day and night. I just apply it normally on my lips straight. If I am wearing a lipstick, then I apply the lipstick on top of this. This literally has been my staple since the first time I used it.
This lip balm has a really soft texture with a light weight creamy consistency. Doesn’t feel waxy or sticky at all. However, as a downside to its very soft buttery texture, it also softens up easily at room temperature.
As a result of this, the bullet bends while applying the lip balm. So to avoid this, what I do is quite simple. I have started storing this in the fridge (The top door shelf of my fridge is reserved for my beauty products). So when I keep this in the fridge, it isn’t as soft. The bullet stays intact and the balm applies very comfortably. Plus I love the thanda thanda cool cool feel on my lips.
This lip balm starts working as soon as I put it on. It transforms my dry lips into a really soft and supple state. It also reduces some texture on the lips. This is able to heal mildly chapped lips within a day. However I don’t think this can heal moderate to severe dry and chapped lips overnight. You might have to apply this for longer to achieve the desired results.
It feels extremely light on the lips. Almost like you got nothing on. There is no tacky feeling, no greasiness. This is one of the main reason why I am so fond of this particular lip balm. Another being its totally natural ingredients (most of them).
This shade “rose” is a really nice soft blush pink shade. It doesn’t show up as it is on my medium skin tone. But then the slight tint it gives to my lips looks rather pretty.
It lasts on my lips, like the hydrating effect for around 3-4 hours. They claim that it keeps the lips moisturised for 24 hours, however my experience is a little different. May be its my lips or the weather around here. After 3-4 hours I need to reapply it.
Do I love it? Yes. But is it the only lips balm I love? No. Of course, its like one of the best ones out there with an SPF 15, but then it isn’t the only one with all those qualities. Not to mention the steep price and scarce availability in India. So this is a great lips balm for ladies who have dry lips, like natural ingredients in their products and love lightweight moisturizing formulas.
But I don’t look at this as a “must buy item”. I have seen some maybelline lip balms which works pretty much the same as this and cost a fraction. Also, please note SPF 15 is extremely low if you’re planning on wearing this out in the sun.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
- I honestly think the screw open mechanism makes it stand out because it is perfect for travelling.
- Very soft and buttery formula, no greasiness or tackiness on the lips.
- Makes lips really petal soft. (Love how naturally healthy and plump my lips look when I use this).
- You can use it on its own or under a lipstick.
- The tint it gives looks really natural and pretty. (These lip balms are available in 12 or 13 shades. They have a clear one as well, I think its called “clear”)
- Contains a lot of natural ingredients
- Has an spf of 15 which is okay if you’re staying indoors.
- Fresh does not test on animals.
CONs of FRESH Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
- Very costly for the amount of product that you get.
- For something that costs this much, one might expect to get miraculous results. But this does not heal moderate to severe dry lips overnight. However it definitely turns mildly dry lips into petal soft lips in a few hours.
- Does not keep my lips moisturised for 24 hours as per claims.
- SPF 15 is quite low specially if you live in countries which get a lot of sun. But then most lip balms don’t come with an SPF. So usually I apply my regular sunscreen on my lips too in general whenever I go out.
- Keep this in the fridge to avoid the bullet from melting in warmer climates. Also, you’d totally love the soothing cool feeling on the lips.
- Try to get the smaller size first if possible. Try it out and then decide if you’d want a full size because this is quite costly.