Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum Review: Hey guys, today let’s talk about a product that made quite a buzz in the market. Well to be honest anything launched by Glow Recipe is certain to have a remarkable presence because they have had some iconic products under their name. I’ve been eyeing it for a very long time and finally I was able to get my hands on it.
About Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
Brighten dark spots & even skin tone with our new clinically advanced Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum, a potent brightening serum that treats & prevents dark spots with 5 forms of vitamin C, guava, and tranexamic & ferulic acids for glowing, even-toned skin.
Unlike any other vitamin C serum, our Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum delivers clinically-effective ingredients in a stable formula. This silky non-sticky gel is quick absorbing and stays a beautiful pink hue (even over time), while delivering a radiant glow.
Made to brighten the radiance of all skin types, this serum’s Vitamin C encapsulation technology treats and prevents dark spots over time and brightens skin without any harsh irritation.
Meet the main ingredients behind this powerhouse:
- 5 forms of Vitamin C: Brighten dullness & even skin tone. Our serum includes a stable encapsulated form that delivers optimal potency, gently releasing overtime while minimizing irritation.
- Guava Extract & Seed Oil: Rich in vitamin C & antioxidants to protect against free radical damage.
- Tranexamic Acid: Clinically proven to reduce the look of dark spots & redness over time.
How to Use Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
- Apply one to two pumps onto clean skin and gently pat into skin for optimal absorption.
- Apply daily, morning and night, and follow with moisturizer. (Following morning application, apply sunscreen.)
- For sensitive skin types, use three to four times per week and gradually increase usage.
- For maximum potency, store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
Ingredients in Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
Price of Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
$45.00 for 30 mL in USA
In Detail Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum Review and My Experience
Glow Recipe’s vitamin c serum comes in a beautiful packaging. Pink coloured glass bottle with a pink pump dispenser. The outer box has all the information that you could need. Really pretty and functional packaging indeed.
It has a rather peculiar fruity smell, particularly guava I presume since it is based around guava. At first I wondered why not oranges or any other fruit famous for its vitamin c content. So I did some research, and I was astounded. Guava actually has almost double the amount of vitamin c as compared to oranges.
When you dispense it, it comes out as this pink coloured thin creamy serum. Very light weight indeed and as a result very easy to apply on the skin. It gets absorbed pretty quickly too.
How I Used the Glow Recipe Vitamin C Serum and its Effects
So when I started using this product, I used this every single day after I showered. I never forgot to wear a sunscreen because I really wanted it to work. After about 1 week, I asked my husband if he noticed anything different on my skin and he said no. Well after 2 weeks, I did notice some glow to my skin. 4 weeks in, and the glow is the only thing I still notice.
There was no change in my dark spots or any significant changes on hyperpigmentation. Although there were minor changes, but nothing as significant as I had imagined. It does work but is the cost justified? Is it worth purchasing from a different country going through the hassle of international order and then customs etc? Well I think not.
I believe there are many similar products available in our own local market as well. In fact, a lot of International skin care brands are now available in India which do give similar effects. So while this product isn’t exactly overhyped because it does work to an extent, it is not super duper impressive either. Definitely not a holy grail material for me. So I’d rather look for a more affordable and easily available option around me instead of ordering it from overseas.
PROs of Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
- Beautiful packaging.
- Love the texture, very light and easily absorbed.
- After a while, shows some results like giving a glow to the skin.
- Takes a long time to show very minimal changes on concerns like dark spots or hyperpigmentation.
CONs of Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum
- My serum started turning slightly yellow within the 2nd month itself and turned brown within 5 months which I find very troublesome. I mean I spent a good amount for this product, and while I do understand that Vitamin C oxidises, I just didn’t expect this to oxidise so soon.
- Does not show any remarkable results. You could achieve the same results from other vitamin C serums available at the drugstore.
- Expensive for the quantity.
- Not easily available everywhere.
- While this is a good product to try, I do not advise purchasing it at full cost. Wait for it to go on discount around holiday season and then may be purchase it if you really want to give it a shot.
- Make sure to finish off the bottle as soon as possible by using it daily because it oxidises very quickly. I didn’t even keep my bottle outside, I store my skin care in a cabinet.