Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash Review, Swatches: Hey guys, so all my ladies from India at some point in their lives have used products from Himalaya Herbals. It is an Indian brand which claims that all their products are herbal and safe. In fact I purchased this face wash because it has “Neem” in it. Neem also known as Azadirachta Indica is a medicinal plant with innumerable recorded benefits for the skin as well as body. It has now become an increasingly popular ingredient in skin care products. It has great purifying and anti bacterial properties. Let’s talk more about it the review below.
About Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
Himalaya’s Purifying Neem Face Wash is a soap-free, herbal formulation that cleans impurities and helps clear pimples. A natural blend of Neem and Turmeric bring together their antibacterial and anti fungal properties to prevent the recurrence of acne over time.
How to Use Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
- Moisten face, apply a small quantity of Purifying Neem Face Wash and gently work up a lather using a circular motion. Wash off and pat dry. Use twice daily.
- Suitable for all skin types. Best for acne-prone skin.
Ingredients in Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
Neem is an excellent skin care ingredient known for its antibacterial properties. It improves general skin health and immunity, combating bacterial infections such as acne, boils and ulcers. Neem tackles bacteria from the root and prevents the recurrence of pimples and blemishes.
Turmeric has been used as an antiseptic for centuries, and it is regarded as one of nature’s most powerful healers. The herb helps to even out your skin tone and color, making it an excellent ingredient in a face wash. It also helps to retain the skin’s elasticity, making it supple. Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe your skin.
Price of Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
15 mL for ₹ 15.00
50 mL for ₹ 60.00
100 mL for ₹ 110.00
150 mL for ₹ 150.00
200 mL for ₹ 170.00
300 mL for ₹ 250.00
Himalaya Neem Face wash is readily available online as well as in stores in India. It is also available in USA as well as UK in certain stores which sell Indian products.
In Detail Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash Review, Swatches and My Experience
The Himalaya Neem face wash comes in a variety of sizes as mentioned above. The smaller and medium sizes are in a tube form. The larger ones are available in pump and squeeze bottles. Hence you may choose the size as per your wish. I personally own the 200 mL bottle as well as the 50 mL tube. I feel Himalaya made the packaging simple, user friendly as well as informative. You can always travel with the smaller sized tubes as well as keep them in your handbag.
The face wash is green in colour and looks like a creamy gel. It has a very typical “neem” based scent which is kind of refreshing at the same time. The consistency is almost like a gel. The product foams up very nicely so you only need a tiny pea sized amount per usage.
How I Use it
When I got this 3 months back, I started using this two times a day – morning as well as evening. However after sometime I realised that my combination skin wanted to work with this only once a day. Therefore, after like 10 days, I started using this only at night. I just take a small pea sized amount of the product and work it on my face and neck area. Because it foams up really well, you only need a little quantity every time you use it. Then I wash it off with normal temperature water.
So when I was using this face wash twice a day, I actually felt that it was making my skin feel quite dry. Like I do have combination skin, but still I felt like my skin was becoming drier. Immediately after washing my face with this face wash, my skin feels squeaky clean. It literally removes all the oils as well as dirt from the skin. But somewhere I felt it was slightly overdoing it by actually stripping my skin. Therefore, I started using this only at night. This way, my skin didn’t feel super dry. On the positive side, this face wash actually combats breakouts. The tiny active breakouts also slowly dried up and vanished. Because I do not suffer from acne as such, I cannot comment upon its effect on established acne. However, if you are someone like me who gets breakouts and bumps on the skin, this product is actually quite effective in controlling them.
I will not advise dry skin beauties to use this face wash, at least not twice a day. If you have dry skin and you wish to use this face wash, please make sure to moisturise your skin really well afterwards because this face wash may prove to be quite drying on the skin. For oily and combination skin girls, I do recommend this face wash specially during the evening or night when you want to take off all the dirt, oil and gunk off from your face. It leave the skin squeaky clean. Again, I would still advise you to use a moisturiser appropriate to your skin type even if you have oily or combination skin. Personally I find this works best for me when I use it once a day. By using this once a day, I get pretty much all the desired effects without over drying my skin.
Overall I feel Himalaya Neem Face Wash is an amazing affordable daily face wash for ladies with oily to combination skin. Its excellent at cleansing the skin and fighting those tiny breakouts and bumps. However I suggest using this only once a day. When I use it more than once a day, it kind of dries out my skin. In fact, this face wash doubles up as a body wash as well in case you want to travel light and do not have space to carry a separate body wash and face wash. Lastly, please do not forget to share your experiences with this product in the comments below.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
1. Comes in a variety of sizes so you may pick according to your need.
2. Smells nice.
3. Deep cleanses the skin.
4. Combats those breakouts and bumps on the skin.
5. Reduces the frequency of breakouts on regular usage.
6. Affordable as well as easily available in India.
CONs of Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
1. Although its widely marketed as a herbal product, it does contain certain chemical forms of alcohol, anti bacterial & anti fungal agents as well as food grade preservatives. Therefore its not 100% natural or herbal, but it does contain herbal elements in form of “Neem” and Turmeric.
2. May be drying on the skin if used more than once a day.
3. It claims to work for all skin types, but I doubt if its a good choice for dry skin type beauties.
1. Purchase the smaller size variant first, use it for a few days to see how it works on your skin and then go for the bigger sizes if you want.
2. No matter what your skin type is, always moisturise according to your skin type after washing your face.
3. Dry skin beauties may need a more rich moisturiser because this product is indeed slightly drying in nature.
4. Although this says its herbal, I do not suggest using this for children because besides all those herbs, it also contains some chemicals as you can see in the ingredients list printed on the product.