Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream Review: Hey guys, its been a while since I talked about an eye cream. Last eye creams I used were the Forest Essentials Anise Eye Cream as well as their Hydra Eye Gel. I used the gel form in the day time and the anise cream during the night. Next eye cream I bought was the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye. It was quite pricy to be honest, but then when I looked around, almost every eye cream is quite costly. I had also heard some nice reviews about it. Hence I decided to go ahead and pick this one. I have been using it since a couple of months now and today I am here to share my experience with it.
About Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
A restorative eye treatment for younger-looking eyes by morning.
– Fine lines and wrinkles
- Leaves under-eye skin feeling strengthened and replenished
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines
- Reduces puffiness and dark under-eye circles
- Infused with the same natural ingredients as Midnight Recovery Concentrate plus Butcher’s Broom, which improves microcirculation and reduces inflammation
- No parabens, fragrance, mineral oil or silicones
How to Use Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
- Dispense 2 drops of eye treatment onto fingertips
- Gently pat under eyes and along the orbital bone without pulling the skin
Ingredients in Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
Squalane: Restores skin’s natural moisture balance to keep it extra soft and supple.
Lavender Essential Oil: Helps soothe inflamed or irritated skin while helping reduce skin blotchiness for a more even look.
Evening Primrose Oil: Supports the skin barrier repair and natural radiance.
Water, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil / Jojoba Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil / Apricot Kernel Oil, Squalane, Alcohol Denat., Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Oenothera Biennis Oil / Evening Primrose Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Ruscus Aculeatus Extract / Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil / Lavender Oil, Adenosine, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil / Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citronellol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Geraniol, Linalool, Cucumis Sativus Extract / Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract / Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp / Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract / Jasmine Extract.
Price of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye
$ 37.00 for 0.5 oz in USA
C$ 46.00 for 15 mL in Canada
£ 26.00 for 15 mL in UK, Scotland
€ 28.99 for 15 mL in Europe, France
CHF 56.90 for 15 mL in Switzerland
Kr 230.00 for 15 mL in Sweden
A$ 50.00 for 15 mL in Australia
NZ$ 46.00 for 15 mL in New Zealand
S$ 60.00 for 15 mL in Singapore
RM 166.00 for 15 mL in Malaysia
₹ 3200.00 for 15 mL in India
In Detail Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream Review and My Experience
The Kiehl’s Midnight recovery eye comes in a small tube form with a pointed nozzle shaped dispenser in the front. The nozzle has a small diameter which helps control how much product we wish to take out from the tube. This tube itself comes inside a paper box which has all the details about the product. This was actually the first time that I discovered Kiehl’s was owned by L’oreal group of companies.
The cream has a moderate consistency which is neither too thick, nor too thin. Because the nozzle has a small mouth, I find it easy to precisely control the amount of product I am taking out. It has this soothing aromatic fragrance like a beautiful blend of soothing essential oils.
How I Use it
I have been using this eye treatment for 2 months now. In fact, I use it daily at night. I like to be a little bit generous with my eye creams during the night. So I take approximately the amount shown in the picture below. I apply it under my eyes and then work it along the orbital bone area. Always make sure to be very gentle while you’re applying anything around your eyes. A gentle tapping motion is better than rubbing motion. After I have applied it, it immediately makes my undereyes feel so moisturised. It takes a few minutes to get absorbed into the skin.
Whenever I purchase an expensive product like this, by default I kind of hope for amazing results right from the beginning. However this one did not give me immediate results. Although it works as an excellent under eye hydrating cream from the day you start using it, the other effects do take some time to unfold.
Almost 15 days after using this, I could appreciate that my under eye area looked more even and healthy. I do not have significant dark circles, however there is some pigmentation around which is noticeable when you see my face closely. I love the fact that this cream helped sort of even out that area. It did not take the pigmentation away but may be the hydration made the pigmentation less noticeable. Another crown in the glory of hydration, it also makes fine lines less prominent. An additional bonus with this cream is, it smells very soothing so it actually calms down my senses and feels amazing when I am going to bed.
So although this cream took 15-20 days to start showing noticeable effects, I do admit that I have been loving this eye cream. It hydrated my under eye area very well without making it feel super greasy. Because of its brilliant hydrating effects, the other good results soon follow along. Although, this does not take away pigmentation it does help make the eye area appear noticeable more evened out. Also the fine lines seem less prominent. I have combination skin, but well I honestly feel this would work great for all skin types.
As the name suggests “Midnight Recovery” means the product is actually supposed to be used only at night. However, if you have dry skin, you can use a small amount under your makeup. I have actually used it under makeup once and I have no complaints. In fact, I feel for dry skin ladies, when used under makeup, this would actually help concealer blend better. However, if you’re planning on using this during the day, please make sure to wear an SPF because this cream does not contain any sun protection factor.
More Photos, Swatches
PROs of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
1. Simple, user friendly packaging.
2. Very soothing and calming smell.
3. Consistency is just amazing to apply it around your eyes.
4. Works as a perfect hydrating eye cream right from the start.
5. Over a period of time, you begin to notice the amazing results of hydration.
6. My undereye skin seemed more evened out and fine lines appeared diminished.
7. A little goes a very long way.
8. Works good under makeup as well but use it only if you have dry skin. Also do not forget to use an SPF over it.
9. Continued usage definitely makes the eye area look healthier.
CONs of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
1. Doesn’t reduce the pigmentation as such which means I do not think this will work on dark circles.
2. Does not erase fine lines completely.
4. Not easily available.
1. Never forget an eye cream in your skin care routine.
2. During the day, choose an eye cream which is suitable for your skin type.
3. If you have dry skin, try wearing it in the day time with an SPF.
4. Always store products such as this one which contain lots of natural ingredients away from sunlight and preferably in a cooler area.